Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A night with lightning

I offer you a challenge.
The next time you record a distant storm, record the sound on the ground (maybe with a phone).
Then add that sound track along with the music.
EG my first attempt:

I offer you a challenge.
The next time you record a distant storm, record the sound on the ground (maybe with a phone).
Then add that sound track along with the music.
EG my first attempt:
I'll have to give that a try thanks for the idea ?

E.G.

Exempli Gratia (Latin: 'For Example' or 'For the sake of an example')
Thank you for the class lol I thought it was a program for video editing lol something else besides YouTube

Thank you for the class lol I thought it was a program for video editing lol something else besides YouTube
You're welcome.

There's that many abbreviations and acronyms out there these days that makes it confusing. E.G. (lol) one such is PLUTO which I saw once in an I.Q. test some years ago. The question was: Which is the odd one out...MERCURY, VENUS, MARS, PLUTO? The answer is PLUTO but not for the reason most people think of these days. The question was posed before Pluto was downgraded to the status of dwarf planet so that is not the reason. 'Turned out that PLUTO is an acronym for Pipe-line Under The Ocean.

• Haha
Reactions: Chevyfreke
"Pipe-line Under The Ocean" LOL
A common one on this forum is RTFM "Read The Factory Manual"

Last edited:
My favorite is TLA.
It's the 3 letter initialism for Three Letter Acronyms.

My favorite is TLA.
It's the 3 letter initialism for Three Letter Acronyms.
Like being served a cup of tea on a TWA flight (TWA now no more I'm sorry to say. The airline was a mine full of jokes). TWA tea was the best in the world ?

And I am glad you used e.g., and not i.e., as that one seems to be the most misused.
Indeed. the abbreviation 'i.e.' has a totally different meaning to 'e.g.'

Where 'e.g.' has the meaning 'for example, 'i.e.' means 'that is' or 'that is to say'.

i.e.
id est (Latin: 'that is' or 'that is to say').

Indeed. the abbreviation 'i.e.' has a totally different meaning to 'e.g.'

Where 'e.g.' has the meaning 'for example, 'i.e.' means 'that is' or 'that is to say'.

i.e.
id est (Latin: 'that is' or 'that is to say').
PS: N.B. I barely passed high school Latin.

Reactions: FlushVision
PS: N.B. I barely passed high school Latin.
LOL. I could go on forever.

There are 5 different meanings for P.S., One of which is Play Station. But in the context of a letter or email it stands for Post-scriptum (latin: 'written after').

N.B. is for Nota Bene (Latin: 'Note Well').

All this brings back some (sometimes awful) school memories. Punishments from teachers for getting things wrong. Sneaking out the back gates to skip afternoon lessons. I hated school. N.B. I got my degree in later life when I wanted to learn...not when I was forced.

Reactions: Sureshot
To be honest, my Latin aptitude was lame.
The teacher was kind, and passed me because I at least made a "bona fide" attempt.
I was a 'victim' of the 1960's education system in the U.K. Left secondary school at age 15 with absolutely no qualifications to go work in a wallpaper factory. It wasn't that I was stupid or anything like that...just uneducated. Despite showing an interest in paleontology while at school I was abjectly ignored by all of my tutors except one who taught chemistry. He saw something in me that all the rest just ignored. It wasn't until I'd reached my early 30's that I decided to do something about it. There then followed an intensive 11 years study at university level studying subjects ranging from Pure Mathematics to Stellar Nuclear Fusion and Cosmology.

Now I have letters after my name...something that my wildest dreams, or my school tutors, couldn't foresee. I retired from working at a large college in Manchester in 2014 happy that I'd done my bit in passing on some of that hard won knowledge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop