Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

About to be a yuneecer ( not even know it makes any sense)

Since you have other batteries it would be wise to go with the Q200 charger. That will require you to purchase adapter cables for the H520 batteries. You should only need two for use on Channels A and B which allow up to 100W charging power (limit charge rate to 1C). Another advantage to the SkyRC charger is being able to track Internal Resistance of the battery cells.

Use caution when sourcing your adapter cables. The battery connector is similar between the H480 and H520/TH Plus. The H480 has pin type balance probes and the H520/TH Plus has miniature Dean’s type probes for balancing.

Hi @chascoadmin
Thank you and I will certainly PM you also because i would like to know more about rtk, ppk .

I have one more question .
Iwas wondering to buy the DY5 Charger , but for the same price ( pretty much) i can get the SkyRC Q200 charger or a skyRC D100v2 for even less( it has room for 2 bateries, the q200 has 4). do you think is better than the DY5 also because i have some "normal" drone batteries to charge and no charger yet.
thanks a lot.
The SkyRC charger look very good and are more of a universal charger, but I would try to find some reviews. The drawback I see is that it doesn't have a connection for the H/H520 batteries so you will need to make sure you can find an adapter that goes from the banana connector to the battery connector.

I have found this from an italian dealer it says H520/TH plus .... what i have to understand is how the q200 works .I see it can delivers a total of 200w so i have like 80w and 80w ( 2 Channels) to charge 2 h520 batteries and 20watt/20watt left ... so i cannot charge any other h520 battery. I don t know if i'm wrong.
1575295595687.png

I have found this from an italian dealer it says H520/TH plus .... what i have to understand is how the q200 works .I see it can delivers a total of 200w so i have like 80w and 80w ( 2 Channels) to charge 2 h520 batteries and 20watt/20watt left ... so i cannot charge any other h520 battery. I don t know if i'm wrong.
View attachment 19251
I have an H520 so this is great! Thank you.

It is OK to name or link to the dealer for the adapter cable. The photo you showed is the correct adapter that uses the mini Dean’s connectors for the balance contacts.

I was looking at the Q200 User Manual online. It looks like you can use 100W on Ch A and Ch B, 50W on Ch C and Ch D. So you can charge 2 H520 batteries using Ch A & B and 2 smaller batteries on Ch C & D.

The OEM H520 batteries are 5250mAh LiHV, so charging at 5.2 to 5.3 amps satisfies the 1C charging rate. At 15.2V nominal it is about 80W and at full charge voltage of 17.4V it is about 92W.

Reactions: chascoadmin
I use a Q200 to charge 4 H520 batteries at the same time. The output on channels A and B is automatically higher than channels C and D which are limited by the programming. Chips in everything these days.

It is OK to name or link to the dealer for the adapter cable. The photo you showed is the correct adapter that uses the mini Dean’s connectors for the balance contacts.

I was looking at the Q200 User Manual online. It looks like you can use 100W on Ch A and Ch B, 50W on Ch C and Ch D. So you can charge 2 H520 batteries using Ch A & B and 2 smaller batteries on Ch C & D.

The OEM H520 batteries are 5250mAh LiHV, so charging at 5.2 to 5.3 amps satisfies the 1C charging rate. At 15.2V nominal it is about 80W and at full charge voltage of 17.4V it is about 92W.
Thank you to all of you ... you've been really kind and helpfull.

it's in italian .... not sure they have an english version... if you need help just ask.. ;)

New question .....

somebody told me that the st16 ( maybe the s version too) can have some problem with the sticks.

i say it better..... it has happened ( the told me) that the stick, the right one (mode 2 in this case ), just get crazy and if you are not quick to turn the transmitter off ( enabling RTH) you lose it .

Now, is it an issue you know about or is it just bad luck?
and the question is ..... should i buy control stick guards ? ..
because putting back the st16s in the case could cause the failure of the stick ?

1575572663301.png

The stick guards can help prevent accidental damage, but won’t help with the issue you are referring to. The issue you have heard about is the potentiometers getting dirty/oxidized. Most of the time a good stirring of the sticks while you are powered up and waiting for satellites will suffice. Check them, as well as all other controls, in the Hardware Monitor while you wait. If you start having issues that stirring will not solve, a plastic safe contact cleaner to clean them works well. This thread is a good read and applies to the ST-16S also (except the calibration differs). How To: Maintanence and Care of the ST-16

The stick guards can help prevent accidental damage, but won’t help with the issue you are referring to. The issue you have heard about is the potentiometers getting dirty/oxidized. Most of the time a good stirring of the sticks while you are powered up and waiting for satellites will suffice. Check them, as well as all other controls, in the Hardware Monitor while you wait. If you start having issues that stirring will not solve, a plastic safe contact cleaner to clean them works well. This thread is a good read and applies to the ST-16S also (except the calibration differs). How To: Maintanence and Care of the ST-16
great ... thanks .... i have a lot to read then .

one more question, i know it can be a foolish one but... is it possible to modify a standard st16 transmitter into a st16s ?

Reactions: DoomMeister
No, they use different flight controls. It is possible to use firmware to convert an ST-16S for a TH Plus to one for the H520 and vice versa.

No, they use different flight controls. It is possible to use firmware to convert an ST-16S for a TH Plus to one for the H520 and vice versa.
ok but only because they both use a st-16s controller and the hardware is exactly the same.
is there a way to know if a st16s has been modify ?

ok but only because they both use a st-16s controller and the hardware is exactly the same.
Not that I am aware of. @Pöllö is doing some work with the ST-16 and the H480. He may have some idea.

I think there is a little confusion here, the H520 and the H PLUS do use the ST16S that are exactly the same but not the ST16 that is the one that came out with the H480. In fact two models came out and the hardware is not exactly the same although they work, if I'm not mistaken, both types of transmitter, indistinctly in the 3 aircraft, although the ST16S is better.

I think I've understood correctly what you're asking.

Let me recap

H480 ----- ST16
H --------- ST16
HPlus --------ST16s
H520----------ST16s
------------------------------------------------------------------
1)
The ST16s works only with the H520 and Hplus, the difference is in the firmware (((((((( that can altough been flashed one into the other and vice versa ?????? like if i buy a broken Hplus for cheap and i have its controller , ican make it works with the H520 ??????? )))))))))
-------------------------------------------------------------------
2)
I cannot , in any way, make the ST16 works either with the H520 or with the Hplus
---------------------------------------------------------------------
When i see i controller with 3 antennas ( the mushroom in the middle) is certainly a ST16s
--------------------------------------------------------

Am i wrong ?

Thank you

Last edited:
Let me recap

H480 ----- ST16
H --------- ST16
HPlus --------ST16s
H520----------ST16s
------------------------------------------------------------------
1)
The ST16s works only with the H520 and Hplus, the difference is in the firmware (((((((( that can altough been flashed one into the other and vice versa ?????? like if i buy a broken Hplus for cheap and i have its controller , ican make it works with the H520 ??????? )))))))))
-------------------------------------------------------------------
2)
I cannot , in any way, make the ST16 works either with the H520 or with the Hplus
---------------------------------------------------------------------
When i see i controller with 3 antennas ( the mushroom in the middle) is certainly a ST16s
--------------------------------------------------------

Am i wrong ?

Thank you
You are correct on points 1 and 2. Point three is wrong as the newer versions of the ST-16 also have three external antennas. That version is sometimes referred to as an ST-16+. The 2 external and 3 external antenna versions are functionally the same. With the 2 that third antenna is internal instead of being external.

You are correct on points 1 and 2. Point three is wrong as the newer versions of the ST-16 also have three external antennas. That version is sometimes referred to as an ST-16+. The 2 external and 3 external antenna versions are functionally the same. With the 2 that third antenna is internal instead of being external.
Ok ...so what is going on in the youtube video from terrestrial imaging that talks about converting an ST-16 into a ST-16+.... has nothing to do with the ST-16s....great!

Here in Europe a Brand new ST-16s costs 799 euro ..about 880 USD and i was afraid they could sell me a "modified"st16 .

.....Idon't want to mix things up but i have to ask it...... Team mode with an H520..... the second transmitter has to be an ST-16s ?

Thank you ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval