Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

about to throw in the towel

That's weird. I was able to lobby successfully for brand new camera in a sealed box. Granted, I was a major PIA and took the position that they had no choice given all the mishandling of a simple mount that got broken on my original warranty repair. Keep pushing.

That's weird. I was able to lobby successfully for brand new camera in a sealed box. Granted, I was a major PIA and took the position that they had no choice given all the mishandling of a simple mount that got broken on my original warranty repair. Keep pushing.

Well they claim they sent me one! I have to wait until Monday and call

I used the phrase "this is not acceptable" and then read them their own sales rhetoric and said they were not being very solution oriented as their own hype proclaims. I'm well documented on their case logs. After the crazy fly away I went with a more honey and less vinegar approach and that was less stressful and did yield results but I think that they knew I still could bring the hammer based on my past rants during customer service calls. So I'm sure you don't want to get full ahole like I did but I'd be flipping out if a new camera was not actually new.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
I think on this forum you will find lots of good stories or at least people (like myself) stating not having issues all is well etc.. I really dont have the right temperament sometimes, being in CS for so many years I had to meet a level of QA and now im old and grumpy and probably expect too much. its just when things are fine to a degree and then everything goes to crap starting whit the latest updated, i get frustrated.. The update messed up a controller, a camera , and I dont know if the H is screwy or not, but the landing gear wont go up issue is back as well. Takes several lever clicks to make it work. Its these kind of things that get me- I just want to wake up charge the batteries and get my $3000.00 worth of investment up and taking pictures :) I love the H that works I want to love both of them --

I really do not understand the problems some of the people here have with the updates. I installed the latest one. Already flown several times wih the latest firmware.
NO PROBLEMS HERE

Marnix

I really do not understand the problems some of the people here have with the updates. I installed the latest one. Already flown several times wih the latest firmware.
NO PROBLEMS HERE

Marnix

LOL I used to say that all the time! :) but unfortunately it's now my turn, but as stated earlier they always do come thru -- new camera found the issue with the tilt, bad plate on bottom of H causing it not to calibrate correctly image straight out of camera and an edit :)

so a couple issue resolved -- Bad part uploaded as well no clue how the pin got lose but..

so now second camera on the way for focus fix and waiting on ST repair - before you know it Ill have two working h's :)

Attachments

• YUN00006 copy.jpg
    YUN00006 copy.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 10
  • YUN00006raw.jpg
    YUN00006raw.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
The mounting shoe on the bottom of the H is a delicate piece. It's interesting that it has 6 clear contact points but only four are wired in. The wires coming out off the camera pass through a collar around the horizontal motor shaft so they stay stationary as the gimbal rotates. They have a really poorly designed strain relief that actually can pinch and cut the wires to the camera or gimbal. I've seen now two gimbals that suffered from this bad design that seems to have come from inattentive assembly at the manufacturer (surprise... the person who built your stuff could care less if it works) and I suspect that yuneec CC is aware of this issue since it seems that sending cameras all over the country is standard practice currently. Focusing is a whole other issue... related to lack of QC at wherever the cameras are built.

So yeah... not everyone got a flawless unit and clearly they had issues in both hardware and firmware as they keep trying to up the game.

The mounting shoe on the bottom of the H is a delicate piece. It's interesting that it has 6 clear contact points but only four are wired in. The wires coming out off the camera pass through a collar around the horizontal motor shaft so they stay stationary as the gimbal rotates. They have a really poorly designed strain relief that actually can pinch and cut the wires to the camera or gimbal. I've seen now two gimbals that suffered from this bad design that seems to have come from inattentive assembly at the manufacturer (surprise... the person who built your stuff could care less if it works) and I suspect that yuneec CC is aware of this issue since it seems that sending cameras all over the country is standard practice currently. Focusing is a whole other issue... related to lack of QC at wherever the cameras are built.

So yeah... not everyone got a flawless unit and clearly they had issues in both hardware and firmware as they keep trying to up the game.

Yeah, this camera rocks! Its sharp, great color , usable jpg's right out of the camera and now that I can calibrate it level its a winner :) Now its wait and see on the second camera and and st 16 on they comeback

I'm going to upgrade my Q500 4K camera first as that's a rental unit for our local film community with new lens and mount. Really tempted to buy second H with current price drop.

I'm going to upgrade my Q500 4K camera first as that's a rental unit for our local film community with new lens and mount. Really tempted to buy second H with current price drop.

I wuould get another if I could afford it :) even if they orphan it, it does more than I will ever need

And today on a windy day I can play around with stitching panoramas and still be "working" on skills.

Okay Yuneec has had my ST16 for 24 hours, its fixed and will ship today I assume,
1 YUNST16US
Typhoon H ST16 Personal Ground Station (for US)
$0.00 $0.00
1 YUNST10104SVC
Typhoon ST16 Control Stick Assembly (Authorized Service Use
Only)

So, neither the Gimbal Issue, or the ST16 wont calibrate had nothing to with the latest firmware! It was all just crazy timing that it all happened at once - seems odd the stick would go bad that quick on a backup controller. Hope its really fixed and can move on to the 2nd camera thats on its way :)

Got my second H a couple weeks ago. It started acting weird within a few flights (newest firmware) and the camera would "wiggle" every few minutes for no reason.

That was my last shot there. I returned it. The Mavic I received last week so far has been problem free... hope to god it stays that way.

Okay so My repair did not ship today, Dont get it -- But what ever staring looking at H's and the price is going back up! WTF? I grabbed one before it went back to 1299 I guess it was just a sale not an inventory dump!

who Knew? :confused:

Got my second H a couple weeks ago. It started acting weird within a few flights (newest firmware) and the camera would "wiggle" every few minutes for no reason.

That was my last shot there. I returned it. The Mavic I received last week so far has been problem free... hope to god it stays that way.

Just make sure it does not have a hard landing, I am seeing gimbal destruction complaints all over.. But this is not a thread that belongs here so, :) It may go BuhBye

I have found far more help here than from any of the Yuneec techs. To date they have helped me EXACTLY ZERO PERCENT OF THE TIME!

There seems to be a lot of people throwing in the towel. Problems with every manufacture but Yuneec seems to be leading the way for problems and not solving them. Not saying they are not trying but they do seem to be lacking in good tech support.

I have found far more help here than from any of the Yuneec techs. To date they have helped me EXACTLY ZERO PERCENT OF THE TIME!

I am sorry to hear that -- I have been helped 100 percent of the time , what I am tired of is needing help :) this latest round of firmware is bricking cameras, ST16's I don't know what else but before it I had two perfect H's now back to one and its got weird video pulsing, I have videos shot on all auto that came out great no pulseing or Like cam mentioned refresh rate -- now everything I shoot on auto has it. today when the clouds go away Im going to try all manual but again its untested firmware or thats how it appears. Anyway I am trying real hard to stay with yuneec :)

Okay so My repair did not ship today, Dont get it -- But what ever staring looking at H's and the price is going back up! WTF? I grabbed one before it went back to 1299 I guess it was just a sale not an inventory dump!

who Knew? :confused:

LOL and big news NOT! it came in used !!!! 3rd time from amazon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430