Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Accessing logs on the H Plus

Yuneec firmware/HW is not open source. You cannot expect that all will work under all circumstances. H520/H Plus FW was developed on base of PX4 Autopilot but developer got non-disclosure agreement.
The only open part I know was the SR24 module for the 2.4GHz ZigBee receiver.

There is a customized firmware for Typhoon H on base of PX4 Autopilot available. I do not know if it will work for H Plus. But maybe ESC adresses and protocol, SR24 and other things will be the same from HW point of view.

If the H Plus is bricked it may be a way to reanimate it.

And yes, it is a known issue that FW update using QGC will brick the drone.

br HE
yes but if that means I have to send it to a support and there is a fee I will Sh!tcan it. I purchased a replacement from ebay for 99 bucks in case I decide to revive the unit and put a camera from The manufacture from it. I'll buy up crashed units for parts and continue the update of a replacement mainboard & esc for the 520 frame so I can build a fleet of upgradeable and configurable units.

As for the H Plus the H520 code is not open. There is an API offered to create own apps for it but this is made for ST16 side. Drone FW is not touched/mentioned by it. Interface are MAVlink messages. You will have the same problems with H520 as with Typhoon H Plus.

Can you please explain, what file did you tired to burn to the drone mainboard?
Just to be sure, did you unzip the C23*.yuneec file? There should be a file "autopilot.yuneec" in. This one you can try to upload to the mainboard. If the STM32 bootloader is not changed by QGC there is a good chance to bring the FW in.

I do not know what QGC expected but the autopilot FW is not a bin file but a text file with binary parts in. The binary parts are encrypted.

PX4 usually use file extension *.fw for it. There could also be a *.bin version of the FW but this format is not used by Yuneec. Thunderbird FW (PX4 autopilot for the old Typhoon H) also use *.fw text file to burn motherboard. There is Python script to do that.

br HE

Last edited:
As for the H Plus the H520 code is not open. There is an API offered to create own apps for it but this is made for ST16 side. Drone FW is not touched/mentioned by it. Interface are MAVlink messages. You will have the same problems with H520 as with Typhoon H Plus.

Can you please explain, what file did you tired to burn to the drone mainboard?
Just to be sure, did you unzip the C23*.yuneec file? There should be a file "autopilot.yuneec" in. This one you can try to upload to the mainboard. If the STM32 bootloader is not changed by QGC there is a good chance to bring the FW in.

br HE
autopilot.yuncee is the file i used

OK, this is the file I thought it is the right one. If you want to do some experiments, you could try to use the Python script to burn this file. I hope the H Plus bootloader makes it.
If the bootloader still working, in device manager a serial device "MindPX" should appear assingned to a COM port. I would try then to follow the procedure for Upgrade Thunderbird with a copy of autopilot.yuneec renamed to autopilot.fw.

Update procedure is part of the Thunderbird manual.

The Python script is part of the FW from here:

Do not use the parameter and .bin or .fw files from this package.

If this will work, I don't know. Do it on your own risk.

br HE

OK, this is the file I thought it is the right one. If you want to do some experiments, you could try to use the Python script to burn this file. I hope the H Plus bootloader makes it.
If the bootloader still working, in device manager a serial device "MindPX" should appear assingned to a COM port. I would try then to follow the procedure for Upgrade Thunderbird with a copy of autopilot.yuneec renamed to autopilot.fw.

Update procedure is part of the Thunderbird manual.

The Python script is part of the FW from here:

Do not use the parameter and .bin or .fw files from this package.

If this will work, I don't know. Do it on your own risk.

br HE
well I think your the MAN! Of course I will have to try, windows ver first. I am starting to like the using another flight computer option though. Do you have any friends that have made the jump to alternate control computers? It's really the airframe I like. my reading says 20amp rated esc. I am trying to go straight canbus for motor control via CANbus for Ardupilot with UAVCAN and UC4H To me in the long run you add utility to the airframe through updates made available through independent venders. Soon the yuncee 920 airframes will be discounted because of manufacture no longer supporting. These will be great to modify

Hello again. I got stuck running the bat file. I made it to python install and running but thats it. it says double click on bat file but nothing happens. anyway I will endeavour to succeed (keep trying)
Question: when i plug the drone into windows computer the computer finds it but only as com4 , it doesn't identify the board. Is this an indication the bootloader is messed up?
My experience with control boards is you have to select to go into bootloader mode

You are right. It will not work. The Python script stops when it ties to check the binary image. But the image part is empty.

Code:
PS D:\temp\Flash_Hplus> python px_uploader.py --port COM6 --force autopilot.yuneec
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\temp\Flash_Hplus\px_uploader.py", line 893, in <module>
    main()
  File "D:\temp\Flash_Hplus\px_uploader.py", line 750, in main
    fw = firmware(args.firmware)
  File "D:\temp\Flash_Hplus\px_uploader.py", line 126, in __init__
    self.image = bytearray(zlib.decompress(base64.b64decode(self.desc['image'])))
zlib.error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
PS D:\temp\Flash_Hplus>

In the FW there is a encrypted_image.
When I edit the python scipt:
line 77: image_maxsize = 2000000
line 126: self.image = bytearray(zlib.decompress(base64.b64decode(self.desc['image_encrypted'])))

Then the script will running and go ahead until it says "Waiting for the bootloader...".
But when I would plug the USB cable then, it will write the encrypted binary data. This will lead to a completly bricked Autopilot. With this Python sript we would need a decrypted binary image. Also we need to decrypt the pearameters. Then it is still open if we can load parameter with QGC correctly.

Unfortunately this process will also not help. We would need a script that decrypt all an can handle parameter setting and whatever is there in the XML file.

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz