Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Agisoft photoscan or pix4d

Reaction score
Just bout a h520 and 90 can for our survey buisnes and will be doing orthomosaics for mapping...volumes..measureents..and 3d models to compliment our other products. The big ?..which mapping software works with the h520 and which one to get. Any advice is appreciated.

Crusty

Ok my friend, I think you are confusing software to create flight plans with software to process the images obtained with the drone that has followed the flight plan.

In order to process the images obtained by drones for photogrammetry in that thread, we talk about the two most important ones and some more. That's why I wrote it down and understood that's what you were asking.

If you're talking about programs to create flight plans, for now with the H520 only those of Yuneec, the DataPilot on the ST16S and the desktop version. Pix4D announced that it will release a version of Pix4Dcapture compatible with the H520, so far has not been released.

Not flight plans...understood it comes with decent flight plans software

Just desktop post processing with gcps set with rtk. Does it not matter what the photos where taken with? Does agisoft or pix4d read the native format that the h520 creates after a survey flight. Why the big $$ diffrence..3500 or 8500

It does not matter by how the images are obtained. It is very helpful if the images are georeferenced but it is not necessary.

If you use targets with RTK data, very precise models are obtained. It's ideal, everything depends on the needs.

These two programs are able to work with almost any photo file format, no problem in that regard.

The difference in price, 3500 or 6500€ is due to the difference in quality between both applications, functionality and ease of use. Initially Agisoft was a 3D modeling program and not photogrammetry. It has evolved over time. Pix4D was born focused on photogrammetry. I have the Pix4D and I haven't used the Photoscan. Googling a little bit on Google you find comparisons that will help you decide. When I looked at it, the vast majority of people said it was better Pix4D and that's why I decided for it. I can't help you in that way more than that, I'm sorry. Seek opinions from users of both programs and decide.

Basically Pix4D is good for beginners - no need to have any understanding of photogrammetry - it guides you through the process.
Photoscan can need a bit more understanding but I think gives better results.

You need to place GCP in the right places to get a reliable survey grade model. I have had some very poor models even using GCP and it has taken me nearly a year to get to the stage where I can be confident in the models I produce.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdvaikTasteofPurity