Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alternate Backpack for Typhoon H?

This arrived today - much sooner than I had anticipated. I placed the order last Friday through eBay and it shipped from China. I'm very impressed with the quality of the material, fit & finish and especially the price of $30. The material is thicker than I imagined it would be, the shoulder straps are padded nicely as well as the top carrying handle.

There is one thing worth mentioning and not to be taken as marks against the backpack.

I noticed the backpack has a tendency to slip about 1/2" down the larger styrofoam insert after wearing the backpack due to how it's being pulled. An easy fix for this is either a line of hot glue around the insert (not too hot or you'll melt the styrofoam) or some really strong double-sided tape. Oh, and if you don't care for the red stripe you can pick your favorite color of Sharpie and fix that :)

Easy Carrying Backpack Shoulder Bag Case For YUNEEC Typhoon H H480 UAV Rc Drone

Nice. :D

I see that Copter Source in Texas has what looks like 5 official Yuneec Typhoon H Soft Backpacks in stock, but they're nearly twice as expensive as the same thing at B&H, (though not yet in stock.) Does anyone know if $190 is the Yuneec price and the B&H price is undercutting, or the B&H price is "correct" and Copter Source is giving us an economics lesson in supply and demand?

I see that Copter Source in Texas has what looks like 5 official Yuneec Typhoon H Soft Backpacks in stock, but they're nearly twice as expensive as the same thing at B&H, (though not yet in stock.) Does anyone know if $190 is the Yuneec price and the B&H price is undercutting, or the B&H price is "correct" and Copter Source is giving us an economics lesson in supply and demand?

It's the Yuneec price. The cheaper price won't last long.

Yes that is the same, B&H has done that with the batteries ($83.99), props ($7.99) and now the backpack they will honor that price, they have always been very good about that with anything I bought from them throughout the years. but that price won't last long at all same thing happend with the props and batteries.

Has anyone here actually used this official Yuneec soft backpack? Is it significantly better than the $30 alternative? Thanks for the help.

I spoke to a pleasant woman at Copter Source who told me that, yes, $190 was the price, nothing she could do. I considered again the Drones Plus case that's great protection, but HUGE. Just now, looked again and Copter Source has the Yuneec soft backpack for $100, and 10 in stock... Now 9.

Last edited:
That's a big difference in price I chatted on-line and they told me they are actually in-stock. free shipping no tax depending on where your at not a bad deal. I know Captian Crunch is also working on a functional backpack, looks like he's almost done.

Last edited:
That's a big difference in price I chatted on-line and they told me hey are actually in-stock.
I called Copter Source back before I cancelled my B&H order. The rep said the distributor told her the wrong price and that it was supposed to be $100 all along. She's UPS-ing today's orders, including mine, right now.
PS. Now only 7 left.

I called Copter Source back before I cancelled my B&H order. The rep said the distributor told her the wrong price and that it was supposed to be $100 all along. She's UPS-ing today's orders, including mine, right now.
PS. Now only 7 left.

Cool good to hear, instead of the "two weeks" line

Did you ever find out if the backpack close with the top foam cover on from John Jameson?
I decided to return the backpack and I was going to wait for the new yuneec soft backpack which I purchased Thursday from Carolina Dronz. It should be here Monday or Tuesday. I didn't think it was going to work though

View attachment 873 View attachment 874 View attachment 875 I found a SOG spacebag on Amazon. Made by sandpiper of California dimensions 22 x 15.5 x 8. I didn't think it would work until I noticed there was a way to expand expand the backpack in the back it looks like about 4 inches. I'll try to upload some pictures to share .I purchased it at Amazon
I just got my Sandpiper of California bugout backpack today. I was able to fit everything in the backpack with cover top on. It's a little tight but it fit. I like the look of this backpack than any other offering out there. It's only $50 right now on Amazon for the ACU Camo

Attachments

• 20160703_180857.jpg
    20160703_180857.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 83
  • 20160703_180903.jpg
    20160703_180903.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 83
  • 20160703_180958.jpg
    20160703_180958.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 76
  • 20160703_181107.jpg
    20160703_181107.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 75
  • 20160703_181140.jpg
    20160703_181140.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 78
I just got my Sandpiper of California bugout backpack today. I was able to fit everything in the backpack with cover top on. It's a little tight but it fit. I like the look of this backpack than any other offering out there. It's only $50 right now on Amazon for the ACU Camo

Nic, That looks really nice how is the padding on the straps and back when you wear it. Not that the typhoon weighs a ton. I do like the camo look I guess that comes form being a Marine :). Thanks for the update.

Nic, That looks really nice how is the padding on the straps and back when you wear it. Not that the typhoon weighs a ton. I do like the camo look I guess that comes form being a Marine :). Thanks for the update.
There are not much padding on the strappings and back, but you also have the padded waist belt. This will help with weight distribution.

Has anyone out there done any research into an alternate backpack for the Typhoon H? not that it has to be necessarily for the H but maybe a suitcase, backpack, with a full zipper to open? also does anyone out there have the specs or dimensions of the foam that comes with the H? I like the backpack that is selling from Yuneec, however I'm sure there are more versatile cheaper options that don't require waiting periods.
Thanks.
Yes! Amazon sells one that is just perfect for the dark grey styrofoam that came in the original Typhoon H box. It sells for about $42. Fits just perfect

Yes! Amazon sells one that is just perfect for the dark grey styrofoam that came in the original Typhoon H box. It sells for about $42. Fits just perfect
Yes, I saw the one on Amazon for $42, but I went with SOC bugout backpack because I think it is a better quality bag.

Yes, I saw the one on Amazon for $42, but I went with SOC bugout backpack because I think it is a better quality bag.

ditto...I just bought the 'Bug-out' bag too...I'm thinking with the digital camo it won't look as gigantic as the all black bag...plus for 50 bucks it's a good deal, and if someone comes out with a better bag or case in the future...I can always use the bug-out bag for its listed purpose...

I bought the Ebay H480 backpack arrived in UK from China in 8 days! Cancelled official Yuneec H Backpack due to lack of info on delivery time. This backpack is ok and takes the H foam easily. Very pleased for the money £23 and free delivery. I did get the Amazon Cabin Max but this H480 will now be my main transport case for non airline use.

YUNEEC Typhoon H H480 UAV Rc Drone Easy Carrying Backpack Shoulder Bag Case

Attachments

• IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 34

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members