Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude Increases while H sits on ground

Reaction score
Went to fly the H today with fully charged battery. Conducted compass calibration and also accelerator calibration. Shut down H and restarted it. Without props on, let the H acquire satellites. Then I observed the elevation on the ST16 slowly increase. Note, no props on H and motors not started. What could be causing the altitude increase?

Reactions: CharlesC
So do I let it run up to operating temp for 5 min then do a calibration or just accept the fact that the elevation readings are false?

Just accept it. It will be fine I have seen mine very by 5 to 8 ft . Also have built several DIY drones that had a baro and they all did it.

Reactions: stedgar
So do I let it run up to operating temp for 5 min then do a calibration or just accept the fact that the elevation readings are false?
Each time you start the motors the Altitude is reset to zero. You can start and stop the motors to reset it if you wish.

I find altitude is a suggestion not an absolute. For that reason I stop typically at 350 feet for most of my mountain and wide sky shots. I know I’m within the proper flight height and it’s a good altitude for the camera and allows for edits from different flights to be less noticeable. I just want to know it’s coming down when I pull down on left stick. I trust my eyes and ears more then the numbers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder