Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alturntive to GoPro 3 4 is the Gitup Git2 4k

Reaction score
Hi All G owners I just thought you may be interested , I have tested the Git2 on my Typhoon G and it works like a dream , it connects via the MK58 and thru to the ST10+ .hope this helps20160317_183920.jpg 12003942_10154613272908496_6448638932067853045_n.jpg

Attachments

• 20160317_183944.jpg
    20160317_183944.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: Niko06!
I've been studying the other Action Cams that GoPro. The Git2 seems to be the best out there second GoPro. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Gavinabe
I have that Quad and Camera but when I pan my camera straight up it starts to buzz. Did you do any modifications?

Hey Gavinabe
I have that Quad and Camera but when I pan my camera straight up it starts to buzz. Did you do any modifications?

You will need to balance the camera , as its weight is lighter than the Gropro 3 and 4 , I had a similar issue with the Gitup on my Dji Zenmuse 3d 3h , but sorted the out by using call Pres-stick, broke of about the the same weight that was missing of this very sticky putty and then balanced the gimbal out . I have see some users of other makes of gimbals use dims to do the balancing. hope this help.

I found the yuneec gimbal to be better balanced than the Dji, but stil needs abit of adjustment

Hi All G owners I just thought you may be interested , I have tested the Git2 on my Typhoon G and it works like a dream , it connects via the MK58 and thru to the ST10+ .hope this helpsView attachment 302 View attachment 304

Hi, thanks for that. Can you tell me ....does the Git2 have a fisheye lens, same as the GoPro, I've looked at some spec's on it, but can't seem to find out.
Can't understand why GoPro have never offered a non-fisheye option, must put many people off, as doesn't suit everyone.
Thanks.

Hi, thanks for that. Can you tell me ....does the Git2 have a fisheye lens, same as the GoPro, I've looked at some spec's on it, but can't seem to find out.
Can't understand why GoPro have never offered a non-fish-eye option, must put many people off, as doesn't suit everyone.
Thanks.

The git 2 has a narrow view adjustment in the setup as well you are able to zoom in and out since the last firmware update. Gitup also offer 2 lens a 90 and 70 degree len which results are very good , as a replacement for sale on there web site.

GitUp Git2 - 16MP Sony CMOS, Gyro, RC, Ext. Mic, Wi-Fi, GoPro size **Owners Thread** - RC Groups

Can't understand why GoPro have never offered a non-fisheye option, must put many people off, as doesn't suit everyone.
Thanks.

One can purchase a replacement lens with a narrower FOV and have it installed on the GoPro. It is an easy process.

Hi,
Thanks .....I'd seen that yes, a possible solution, in fact I missed a GoPro on ebay that had already had the repl. lens fitted.
Don't fancy doing it myself really, even though there are you tube videos on how to do it, maybe try find a firm that would exchange for a modified one.
As I said I'm surprised GoPro don't offer the alternative, there must be a market for non fisheye. I use my Xiaomi Yi camera instead of the GoPro whenever I can, just for that reason.

Reactions: KramerMD
Roger It is 4k 24fps uhd it compare close to the gopro3 , yes the box does not say and many other places just say 2K 30fps , the 4k was unlocked after the camera was launch and never printed on the box. As for 24 fps I myself able to use it plus the stabilizer just fine , as we stay in Pal! area , but most time i use 60fps and slow it down.

Thanks for the clarification, getting my typhoon later this week so I'm searching for something else that will work for the fpv other than GoPro. Do you have any clips with the git2?

have a look at this video I shot and edited , at 0.42 and 1m40 , I used the gitup2 on my DJI P2 , I replaced my GoPro 3hero black which was giving problems and did not have the cash to replace it with a Hero4 black at that stage so I bought the Gitup 2. I have in the meantime sold my P2 and replaced it with the Q500 G and also bought the CGO3 and a Hero4 black , unfortunately , dew me changing work and winter I have not had time to do any more work or testing . But middle of June I will be able to do some testing again , due to me getting so more work . I will be able to compare Gitup 2 , Gopro 4 black and CGO3 .
hope this helps

does the git2 work with the start and stop recording buttons on the radio?

Thanks!

No , it works the same as the Gopro , but what i have beening following on rcgroups somebody has made a remote trigger system.

Reactions: ruckuss
Hi! I got the git2 and the typhoon G, however when i try to put the git2 into the gimbal the USB sticks out too far and contacts one of the screws in the gimbal frame and gets blocked from going in. Did you have any similar issues? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval