Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Am I missing a piece or two on my camera mount?

Reaction score
I'm getting ready for a big flight tomorrow and am checking over my TH ahead of time. I set the bird on a level counter and noticed that the camera was drooping a little to one side. I started to inspect the CGO3 mount and dampeners and it appears there is a part or two missing - maybe. Problem is, I don't know what the name of the missing parts are if they are missing.

In the first photo, you can see that a post or a pin (or whatever it's called) is missing in the top right hole that is visible on the bottom left hole of the mount. It looks exactly the same when I rotate the mount it 180 degrees and look at the other side. In other words, I seem to be missing two posts (or pins) that seem like they should connect the bottom half of the mount to the top have of the mount and have the dampener between them.

IMG_0561_LI (2).jpg

When I pull down on the lower mount with a little pressure, I can see the daylight between the dampener and the upper mount due, I think, to the absence of this pin.

Is this is a problem? I looked for replacement parts and came across a picture of a mount with dampeners and two pins - which makes me wonder if it really only needs two instead of four.

Can anyone tell me if there should be four pins connecting the upper mount with the lower mount and that runs through the dampeners, or did my machine really only come with two, or did I lose them in a rough landing and only now noticed ?

Thanks for your help.

Aaron

Attachments

• mount with two posts.JPG
    mount with two posts.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 11
Two pins, opposing corners, two opposing corners, no pins, is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is completely normal... the gimbal has dampeners on all 4 corners and 2 pins in opposite corners.
BTW, it is a good thing to remove that upper cover plate from the gimbal and check that the dampeners
are all completely seated correctly. It's relatively easy to check and re-seat if necessary. Will help ensure
getting as steady video as is possible.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just unpacked my bird this morning... I was going to do a new post then I saw this.
Mine is exactly the same.. and also the Gimbal is hanging to one side about 3mm.
Is this normal, I have read some posts about balancing the gimbal !
See pics below.

Attachments

• IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 17
Just unpacked my bird this morning... I was going to do a new post then I saw this.
Mine is exactly the same.. and also the Gimbal is hanging to one side about 3mm.
See pics below.

This is from shipping or transport from bouncing around under there. Those dampeners need to be checked often for proper seating. I've stopped storing my H with the camera attached so the gimbal is not constantly supporting the camera weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

See pics below.

You just need to re-seat the dampener. Remove the camera for the "H" and carefully remove the top cover (it will make a snapping sound). Then you will have access to the rubber dampers. Use a small flat edge screwdriver or something similar to push the dampener back in place.

See pics below.

Don't be concerned about balancing the gimbal. It will perform absolutely beautifully out of the box if all the dampers are correctly seated in the mount openings. Those discussing gimbal balance are people involved with changing lens in the camera to one that provides ~2x magnification. Magnification amplifies more than just the objects in the image. When we elect to alter the fit, form, and function of a product there's often an associated need to make other adjustments because we altered the original design limitation parameters.

Those that leave everything box stock won't have problems. Enjoy your new H!:)

Thank you everyone for your replies. I feel more confident of my flights today. Stay tuned for some winter/snow river shots. If everything works half the way I have it planned, I will get some great footage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval