Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Amazing (TYPHOON H) Near Fatal Movie Set Crash

I think he was amazed that the H essentially recovered on it's own. Five motor mode is pretty cool although I have not experienced it.

I suspect the H did as it consistently does when flown to close to railroad tracks or metal lattice type bridges after moving some distance alongside them, it lost connection to the 16 due to what I suspect is signal bounce and took off to one side. Although boat hulls may be fiberglass, wood, or concrete, and the masts aluminum or wood, the cables are typically stainless steel, and there were a lot of them, and each can become an antenna.
Agree about the proximity of metal causing problems. It looks like the TH just decided to loop around the last STEEL piling and back into the boat mast.
5-rotor mode performed beautifully.
I nearly lost my TH while stupidly flying off of a steel bridge. Fortunately, all control was not lost, just most of it. I managed to make a crash landing back on the bridge. Lesson learned!

First of all that is not "a movie set" that is a boat dock...secondly who cares if he served in the military...fly down the dock once and then in editing reverse flight back down dock...I've flown thru doorways and much tighter spots that isn't an issue for me...perhaps some of his issues were due to prop wash blow back from solid objects which were nearby....I won't watch this again since I found it over hyped however lets hope the pilot does watch it several times to figure out why it crashed...by the way don't forget to tell us when "the movie" is released I enjoy comedies. Finally, just what is it you regard as "amazing" about this footage or incident?

First of all that is not "a movie set" that is a boat dock...secondly who cares if he served in the military...fly down the dock once and then in editing reverse flight back down dock...I've flown thru doorways and much tighter spots that isn't an issue for me...perhaps some of his issues were due to prop wash blow back from solid objects which were nearby....I won't watch this again since I found it over hyped however lets hope the pilot does watch it several times to figure out why it crashed...by the way don't forget to tell us when "the movie" is released I enjoy comedies. Finally, just what is it you regard as "amazing" about this footage or incident?

WOW... I saw the video and thought it was remarkable that it flew with only 5 rotors turning. And by the way any place in the world inside a studio or out is a movie set...
And who really cares how many doors you have flown through any way... You win the award for 'JERK' of the day!
Navy Pilots fly real aircraft... Do You?... Your comments really show just how ignorant you are MickeyBOY...

Nicolle West, Producer
Paramount Pictures, Hollywood CA.

Last edited:
WOW... I saw the video and thought it was remarkable that it flew with only 5 rotors turning. And by the way any place in the world inside a studio or out is a movie set...
And who really cares how many doors you have flown through any way... You win the award for 'JERK' of the day!
Navy Pilots fly real aircraft... Do You?... Your comments really show just how ignorant you are MickeyBOY...

Nicolle West, Producer
Paramount Pictures, Hollywood CA.

Pretty cool remark, 'Nicolle'.
We are not used to this shining and brave language on this forum.

Besides, what jerk advertises himself as Navy Vet when posting a movie?

:)

Mickey happens to be one of the world's premiere photographers, but that is beside the point.
Kindly refrain from disparaging comments about members.

Reactions: Dr Delta
...<snip>...
Navy Pilots fly real aircraft... Do You?... <snip>...
There is a world of difference between flying a 'real' aircraft and a sUAS. A pilot who is great at flying a 'real' aircraft isn't necessarily any good flying a sUAS. Some are **** good flying sUAS and others are just one flight away from a crash. I am of the opinion that the pilot of the aircraft in the OP video is one of the latter.

I too have flown in what would appear to be tighter situations, but certainly not near to stuff like all that steel rigging. That sort of stuff won't do the compass any good and can easily play havoc with the control signal. When I've flown in such tight situations I've done a site & risk assessment, chosen the right tool for the job, and erected a cordon where necessary to keep Joe public away the best I can as that pilot should have done given what I see as a high risk AOO.

I agree that the world is a movie set, but that shot would have been better done with a boom or pole mounted camera with a steady gimbal as I have no doubt that you, being a movie producer, would agree.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio