Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Amazon now in stock

6 month wait from submission of 178 pg request... It was worse than any paper i did in college!! Just sits down and read someones else's to change for your your needs... Let me know if i can help
That is exactly how I got mine and 7 months later, Hang on FAA is ready to change it and make it quick and simple, maybe two weeks time. LOL, not the two weeks again!

6 month wait from submission of 178 pg request... It was worse than any paper i did in college!! Just sits down and read someones else's to change for your your needs... Let me know if i can help
Similarly, I took parts of different accepted applications (they're posted on-line) and tweaked them to my own specific flying needs. There were companies charging hundreds of dollars for this task, totally unnecessary IMHO. I applied in October and got mine in March. I hope the Typhoon H gets added to the List of Approved Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Make/Model under Section 333 soon. It didn't make the list updated last week.

Similarly, I took parts of different accepted applications (they're posted on-line) and tweaked them to my own specific flying needs. There were companies charging hundreds of dollars for this task, totally unnecessary IMHO. I applied in October and got mine in March. I hope the Typhoon H gets added to the List of Approved Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Make/Model under Section 333 soon. It didn't make the list updated last week.

Don't you need a pilot's license as well?

Don't you need a pilot's license as well?
Yes, you do. I went to an FAA seminar on drones last week and the speaker implied that there would be a new pilot's license specifically for drones in the near future. In the meantime you have to have a regular Pilot's License (Sport, Recreational, Private, or Commercial.)

Yes, you do. I went to an FAA seminar on drones last week and the speaker implied that there would be a new pilot's license specifically for drones in the near future. In the meantime you have to have a regular Pilot's License (Sport, Recreational, Private, or Commercial.)

Regular pilot's license, that's thousands of dollars and quite a bit of time. Seems crazy just because I want to charge to take property photos. I can take photos of the same place and not charge but if I charge I need to know how to fly a plane.

That's why they're going to make the new license. The place I learned to fly 6 years ago is doing a huge business teaching people to fly airplanes when most of them only want to fly drones. The thing is, many of them are now hooked on flying planes. Btw, there's a HUGE pilot shortage right now and if you're young (unlike me) you could make a great career flying full-sized aircraft.

That's why they're going to make the new license. The place I learned to fly 6 years ago is doing a huge business teaching people to fly airplanes when most of them only want to fly drones. The thing is, many of them are now hooked on flying planes. Btw, there's a HUGE pilot shortage right now and if you're young (unlike me) you could make a great career flying full-sized aircraft.

I'm guessing 43 is not young! LOL. I didn't do well with Microsoft Flight Simulator. I could take off ok but getting the right approach to the final airport got me!

I cancelled order from Built Drones but of course they changed the status to "preparing for shipment" after I cancelled which delays the refund request for 2 days. I really don't feel like calling them and will certainly unload on Amazon.

I was able to order from Copter Source today; they had 3 left, I typed as fast as possible, clicked on BUY and crossed my fingers. Received confirmation email, but called them anyway to confirm they actually had them in stock and asked if I'd get a tracking #. Within one minute it came but was still skeptical. Then this evening received the confirmation from UPS.

3UlzeNz.png

OH HAPPY DAY!!! :D

Terrestrial Imaging | Aerial imaging, aerial photography, aerial videography, and aerial inspections | TI Terrestrial Imaging out of NJ ordered 100, and is putting in another order for 300. I don't know how soon they could get you a Typhoon H, but the customer service is excellent. I spoke to Christopher LoPresti and he was the nicest guy (by a long shot) I've spoken to in my search for the Typhoon H and and parts. If you are still looking for one I'd wholeheartedly recommend checking them out. The difference between TI and Built Drones customer service is night and day.

[email protected]

Disclaimer: I'm just a happy customer, I'm not affiliated with Terrestrial Imaging in any way.

I have found Carolina Dronz to be delightful in their dealings. Although I read of a post which stated that the person never could reach them, I haven't had an occasion where they did not answer or immediately call back before a few minutes. I had my first recorded answer today when I attempted to reach them and before I could finish leaving my voice mail Laurie was calling me back.

Each time we tell of a retailer who has or is about to get stock they are innudated with orders. But it may be worthwhile to check with Frank and see what is coming down the pike. It may be after I write this that they will be swamped and told it will be another "next week", but it sure has not been anything like the experiences some of my friends have had with other retailers. One of my friends gave a verbal trouncing to the misrepresentations made to Built Drones after they had said they had "xx" quantity in stock. I understand that the retailers are in a position between a rock and hard spot trying to react to our orders, but not one of them should misrepresent "in stock" product.

Disclaimer: I am not receiving any premium, discount, or stipend as a result of this post; nor do they know how handsome or wonderful I am--- just my experience so far:)

The person you are referencing to is me and I'll go ahead and add that I've lost all faith in Carolina Dronz. I mentioned that I called multiple times during the course of 2 days (at the height of the H frenzy) so I can understand why they wouldn't answer or return my phone call right away BUT I followed up, like any person would, with an email as was instructed by the voicemail ([email protected]) and received no answer there either for two days. I followed up again with a second email saying I hadn't received an answer to my first set of questions but in addition to those I wanted to also ask about the 10%-off option for the H battery and/or backpack that was stated on the product page which I never saw a discount code for and if I attempted to add them individually the discount would not register. They emailed me back within 5 minutes with an invoice for both the H battery and backpack with 10% off but no answers to my initial email. From first impressions dealing with them it seems like they only care about my wallet and not about customer service so I opted to not purchase those two items from them even with the discount and would rather deal with one of the many other highly suggested shops on the forum.

The person you are referencing to is me and I'll go ahead and add that I've lost all faith in Carolina Dronz. I mentioned that I called multiple times during the course of 2 days (at the height of the H frenzy) so I can understand why they wouldn't answer or return my phone call right away BUT I followed up, like any person would, with an email as was instructed by the voicemail ([email protected]) and received no answer there either for two days. I followed up again with a second email saying I hadn't received an answer to my first set of questions but in addition to those I wanted to also ask about the 10%-off option for the H battery and/or backpack that was stated on the product page which I never saw a discount code for and if I attempted to add them individually the discount would not register. They emailed me back within 5 minutes with an invoice for both the H battery and backpack with 10% off but no answers to my initial email. From first impressions dealing with them it seems like they only care about my wallet and not about customer service so I opted to not purchase those two items from them even with the discount and would rather deal with one of the many other highly suggested shops on the forum.

PS. As soon as I receive my H from them which is still on pre-order I am likely done dealing with them. As active as Capt or Aces Deals are I'd get great CS from either.

Amazon has nothing yet, keep saying one more day, one more day.
I wanted to wait and see the reviews on the H but decided to order when they showed in stock.
I have now cancelled the order as it looks like many of them are failing out of the box for different reasons.

If I order again it will be from Amazon because if it is not right within 30 days its going back for a refund on there nickel.
I'll be darn if I'm going to send it in for repair and wait a month.

Last edited:
I got an email today that it is anticipated to be delivered on May 26th. Wish it was sooner, but atleast I have a date now. I am getting a bit nervous about the issues people are experiencing with performance, particularly since it was delayed this much to ensure operation at delivery will work.

Does anyone know if the orders from Ritz Camera include the Wizard? I've got one on order from Ritz and still have my order from Amazon.

Is there a sticker or anything on the outside of the box saying that the Wizard is included? I may not want to open one of the boxes right away if it's not included.

Does anyone know if the orders from Ritz Camera include the Wizard? I've got one on order from Ritz and still have my order from Amazon.

Is there a sticker or anything on the outside of the box saying that the Wizard is included? I may not want to open one of the boxes right away if it's not included.

Mine is on its way from Ritz. It is expected to be delivered tomorrow via 2 day air but I will not be home to sign for it so I called and arranged for pick on Sat.

I just picked up my H this morning that I ordered from from Ritz, and It came with the wizard. I took everything out of the box before leaving for work. I must say I am impressed with the build quality. While the transmitter appears to be huge, it is light and comfortable to hold. Hope you get yours soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval