Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another Use for the Red Button... Landing!

I'd stick with the 3' - 4' altitude. I like this landing method for uneven ground or wind, where "hopping" and tip-over can be a problem. The Red MOTOR ARM/DISARM button landing has the advantage of shutting down the motors the instant it senses the craft has contacted the ground. My next test will be to try this method with water landings (with pontoons) in choppy water, and also for "hand-catch" retrievals on a boat by an assistant.

I've found that pontoon landings on smooth water with little wind is uneventful if you hover-descend very slow and smooth until water contact.

Somebody tried this "Red Button" landing from 10' altitude?
You are lucky!

I just had to know so I worked my way to higher and higher shutoff heights in increments of 6" .At around 6' "Red Button" shutoff height the "H" descended until... at about 16" above the ground, ALL motors stopped! The short 16" free-fall was enough to break loose the latches on two of the motor arms (no permanent damage).

Danny J

Danny,

Very curious how your “water landings in choppy water” turn out. Define “choppy”!

All I can envision is a swamping (flipped by waves), unless one has large and long pontoons running both parallel and perpendicular to the landing skids. I am not confident the footprint is wide enough to prevent a tip over from even a mild 4 to 6 inch chop.

Good luck!

Jeff

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Just spent the past 45mins. at my local park working with this..

.. soooooo nice!

.. in the words of Happy Gilmore, "tap it in, just taaaap it in"..

.. the slower the better, seriously, below 3ft. is Gold!

.. no more tip-overs.. one of the best posts that you can possibly read..

.. Props to the O/P!

PS: ftr, 15mph gusts.. perfect landings, perfect shutdown.. couldn't ask for more..

NW.

Just spent the past 45mins. at my local park working with this..

.. soooooo nice!

.. in the words of Happy Gilmore, "tap it in, just taaaap it in"..

.. the slower the better, seriously, below 3ft. is Gold!

.. no more tip-overs.. one of the best posts that you can possibly read..

.. Props to the O/P!

PS: ftr, 15mph gusts.. perfect landings, perfect shutdown.. couldn't ask for more..

NW.

As long as you land it
on level ground.

Reactions: NWSaint
THE Pacific Northwest.. aka PDX.. aka Portland Oregon.. not the best spot, but definetly not the worst.. absolutely gorgeous country outside of PDX, which i'll be posting vids up here in the next few months (beach, mountains, riversides, etc..).. stay tuned!

NW.

I am in NE Ohio.
No major complaints
Here yet.
Keith Kuhn
KK Motion Pictures
Also on YouTube

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members