Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Trouble landing.

Reaction score
I am having trouble landing, as I come down and get to ground level the H wont shut off and kind of ground hops towards me. I have tried the red button and the props wont go into idle mode. Any ideas? Thank you.

Couple of things to look out for... make sure you yaw so that aircraft faces squarely into the wind. Any crosswind increases the chance of a tipover. When landing, pause at about 4 feet and see how steady the H is... gives you the chance if necessary to make adjustments.

I have also had this occur where you have just landed and the motors don't go into the idle speed, despite you fully holding the left stick down. You're sitting there waiting for the beast to idle down.... and instead, the H decides to tryout for the Chinese gymnastics team, with an lovely cartwheel. Oooo... there was a bit of a hop there... the judges are going to deduct points for that... :(

If the H does not idle down within 2 - 2.5 seconds of touching down, it is better to lift off again, hover at about 6 - 7 feet and re-attempt. That gives you choices, if it seems at all unsteady... the red button technique, which all pilots should master

Another Use for the Start/Stop button.

It is an individual decision as to whether or not to hand catch in certain circumstances, but if that technique is to be part of your flying skill set, you must practice that scenario in advance. There are ways to maximize safety when landing in this manner, and in IMHO, it should be used as a last resort after other techniques have been attempted. But ultimately, it becomes a personal decision.

It behooves all pilots to treat each landing as a potential touch-and-go... type of aircraft does not matter... from a C-130 to a BlackHawk to a paragliding wing to our UAVs... takeoff is easy... landing is everything.

Reactions: FlushVision
I am having trouble landing, as I come down and get to ground level the H wont shut off and kind of ground hops towards me. I have tried the red button and the props wont go into idle mode. Any ideas? Thank you.
If the H skips and hops around on landing then there is something that is influencing the aircraft: Landing on a slope or uneven ground; wind; some input from the controller; inexperienced pilot; even landing in Smart Mode, etc. All things being equal, if you and the aircraft are performing as you/it should then a nice smooth landing and shut-down should be the norm (see the below video).

I cant add anything to what Eagle's Eye Video has said apart from maybe look to your controller hardware monitor to ensure that there isn't anything untoward with the readouts.

Last edited:
This may help with understanding the hopping

RD,

That is an interesting video. Never thought of that scenario. Makes sense.

I also love the debunking of another of those H bashing attempts. Clearly aimed at doing just that. Doubt the author of the “uncontrollable in forest” video had any clue.

Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

P.S. I may have seen this posted previously. Thanks still valid, bringing back for review.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy