Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any Electrical Engineers here? How many H batteries will this charge?

I'd be looking for a small, quiet Honda gas generator, if I understand your need.
I could but aren't those hundreds of bucks. This little car jump starter is only $70 and I can lift it. However, if it really only charges a few batteries it won't do. I'll look into a generator but I don't know.

On another thread someone suggested using a marine battery (deep cycle). That would have more capacity than the jump starter.

Why not just try what you have and see what happens?

Last edited:
I could but aren't those hundreds of bucks. This little car jump starter is only $70 and I can lift it. However, if it really only charges a few batteries it won't do. I'll look into a generator but I don't know.
@Manny D
How many batteries do you expect that need to charge out in the field? You should have expressed this with your original question.

After a couple of hours flight time (six batteries?) I'm ready for a break :) A marine battery should keep you going all day, and you can run most chargers straight off that. But if you have a need to be flying for extended periods for commercial purposes, I'd recommend considering a fixed wing.

Buy something large enough to make use of military style lithium brick batteries. They can go for a good 7 hours. Really expensive;) Alternatively, buy more batteries that fit what you have and charge them before hand or use a system that provides more flight time, a lot more, on a battery. You might also reassess your flight schedule to have a better understanding of what you will be doing and how much flight time will actually be involved. I don't know of too many outfits that fly for hours and hours that don't get set up with off site charging stations using generators and multiple chargers to keep the operation going. There are higher expenses associated with large scale operations and if you are unable to meet those costs you are likely unprepared to execute the activity.

Reactions: rdonson
That charger has a DC input. You could connect that to your car battery and use that to charge the batteries, though it'd be best for your battery if you left the car idling while you used it to charge.

Just don't forget to mix the oil with the gas on a 2 stroke motor.

I well remember a long time ago I had just bought a brand new 2 stroke weed wacker, took it out of the box, assembled it, and and set it outside the shop while I went to deal with something else. My wife being impulsive/compulsive about yard work didn't bother to ask or let me know she was going to use it and filled it up with straight gas and went at it. I didn't know she had it until she came and told me it wouldn't run any more. Engine lasted all of about 6 minutes before it melted down. Of course she blamed me for not telling her about the need for a gas/oil mix before using it...

So I'm looking to charge batteries in the field. I have an EV-Peak CQ3 AC/DC charger which can charge 4 Typhoon H batteries an hour using AC. How many H batteries can I charge using this car jump starter in the field?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-1000-Amp-Peak-Jump-Starter-J509/14560016

Looking through questions and answers on that product, one of the answers state that it has a 19Ah, SLA battery (which contradicts the description that says it is a Li-Ion battery). Based on that it would probably charge between 2-2.5 of the 4-cell, 6300mAh Typhoon H batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123