Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any way to get current copter position displayed live on a map?

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm preparing for a BVLOS training and exams and I'd like to use my H to get certified. For that I will need to have the possibility of planning a route and displaying my current position on a map. Current heading would also be very useful (along with altitude, but that is already easily accessible).

So I saw the [H Flight Planner] (Flight Planner H - Waypoints Creator for Yuneec Typhoon H) as well as the CCC Editor (CCC editor for typhoon H - by Eric EMMANUEL) and I also recently experimented with the Feersum UAV Toolbox (UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16), which is an app to be installed directly on the ST16, but none of these give me my copter's position live on the map, with telemetry and such. Unless maybe I didn't discover that function on the UAV Toolbox?

Do you know of any ways of doing this? I heard that it's possible to bind a Typhoon H to an H920+ profile, which enables the official Yuneec waypoint manager, but I'm not sure if I trust such methods. After all, stakes are pretty high when something goes wrong.

BVLOS training and exams
I presume you are located in a country which has a method of authorizing BVLOS. Since the H is designed for photography and videography, the screen displays the camera view which is consistent with it's intended purpose. I'm not aware of any current safe method of flying by map for the H.

Hello!

I'm preparing for a BVLOS training and exams and I'd like to use my H to get certified. For that I will need to have the possibility of planning a route and displaying my current position on a map. Current heading would also be very useful (along with altitude, but that is already easily accessible).

So I saw the [H Flight Planner] (Flight Planner H - Waypoints Creator for Yuneec Typhoon H) as well as the CCC Editor (CCC editor for typhoon H - by Eric EMMANUEL) and I also recently experimented with the Feersum UAV Toolbox (UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16), which is an app to be installed directly on the ST16, but none of these give me my copter's position live on the map, with telemetry and such. Unless maybe I didn't discover that function on the UAV Toolbox?

Do you know of any ways of doing this? I heard that it's possible to bind a Typhoon H to an H920+ profile, which enables the official Yuneec waypoint manager, but I'm not sure if I trust such methods. After all, stakes are pretty high when something goes wrong.

Hi,

not that I know of. There are a few people on this forum that will try to make you sound reckless and or stupid for wanting this functionality even though it's a standard feature on many drones used for the same purposes. It's such an unnecessary feature that Yuneec have included it on the new H520 (afaik).

/shrug

Reactions: DroneCalzone
Yea unless yuneec steps up and adds some of these missing standard features i will not be buying another product .

I just feel that for the 2000$ i invested on launch i do not have what was advertised to be building .

Just my 2 cents .

I presume you are located in a country which has a method of authorizing BVLOS. Since the H is designed for photography and videography, the screen displays the camera view which is consistent with it's intended purpose. I'm not aware of any current safe method of flying by map for the H.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, there are ways to do it legally here and I'm exploring my possibilities. Honestly, stupid Phantoms are designed with the same intended use as H, and there are well functioning ways to do BVLOS with them (Litchi and so on).

As for the other stuff,
not that I know of. There are a few people on this forum that will try to make you sound reckless and or stupid for wanting this functionality even though it's a standard feature on many drones used for the same purposes. It's such an unnecessary feature that Yuneec have included it on the new H520 (afaik).
Thanks for understanding mate ;). Yes, I don't want to be reckless, I just want to get properly certified. H920+ has that functionality (waypoints and live position on map), but no data on current heading, which sucks.

I think we maybe in a conundrum with this topic. DJI has such a huge userbase, that inevitably there will be advanced idependently developed tools (such as Litchi). Yuneec is great, but just the sheer size makes the market for independednt solitions way smaller... and both companies want to keep their asses safe and they will try to keep users from doing more advanced stuff, as long as the market allows it.

On the bright side, I think H520 will be more BVLOS compatible. Map and waypoints are there for sure, most probably heading and other telemetry data as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis