Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone experience loss of Telemetry data?

Reaction score
I received a replacement "H" from Yuneec (thanks Yuneec!)

The camera on the replacement "H" has issues, so that's going back for a replacement eventually. Everything else seems to work properly except for the Telemetry data on the ST16.

Twice now, if I fly out 300 meters (984 feet) over trees or objects, the video begins to get choppy which is understood due to the limitations of WiFi, but then with the video being choppy, all telemetry data on the ST16 (left side of screen) goes blank as if the "H" and ST16 are no longer connected. However, I still have choppy video and I can still control the "H". As I bring the "H" closer to me the telemetry data returns.

I would have thought I'd lose the video long before I'd lose the telemetry data.

Anyone else experience such issues?

Check the antennas on the H.
There are 2 small gauge wires on each side of the H that hang down. One is the receiver antenna the other is the telemetry transmitter.
Make sure the are straight and not kinked up. Careful they are fragile.

There are 2 small gauge wires on each side of the H that hang down. One is the receiver antenna the other is the telemetry transmitter.

One of mine is behind a sticker. I wonder if I can eek out a few extra meters of range if I uncover it from the sticker :D

Yes, same here. Telemetry goes first, then video and control. From what I've read here and other forums, the telemetry antenna is built into the controller. I'm not sure that's the case, but my experience backs that up. I have both the ITELITE/DBS and the FPVLR antenna upgrades. Have not tested the FPVLR yet, but the ITELITE/DBS product does increase my range by 50% - 100% compared to the stock units. You would think if the antenna for the telemetry is inside the ST16, that the ITELITE/DBS antenna would decrease range as the internal antenna is blocked by the upgraded antenna.

When I was still running the stock antennas, I was flying in town close to many hotels and traffic. I got only 200 feet away from the controller and lost video, telemetry kept working as did the control. I plan on testing the FPVLR unit either later today or tomorrow.

Mine were the same way. I did pull it straighter but left it behind the sticker.
I am NOT sure which one is which.

Telemetry is on the 2.4 antenna. I was testing a new antenna and it had a problem (basically I was running without a 2.4 antenna) and I could only get to 150 ft before losing telemetry.

They both look good... see pics:

ANT_1.jpg ANT_2.jpg

Yes, same here. Telemetry goes first, then video and control. From what I've read here and other forums, the telemetry antenna is built into the controller. I'm not sure that's the case, but my experience backs that up. I have both the ITELITE/DBS and the FPVLR antenna upgrades. Have not tested the FPVLR yet, but the ITELITE/DBS product does increase my range by 50% - 100% compared to the stock units. You would think if the antenna for the telemetry is inside the ST16, that the ITELITE/DBS antenna would decrease range as the internal antenna is blocked by the upgraded antenna.

When I was still running the stock antennas, I was flying in town close to many hotels and traffic. I got only 200 feet away from the controller and lost video, telemetry kept working as did the control. I plan on testing the FPVLR unit either later today or tomorrow.

OK, so it's not just me. Thanks!

yep mine also was weird and the video looks great. I thought it was the sun but I came back at the same place in the morning and it did it almost the same place. Weird.........

As you have a replacement H, I looked to see the two wires (antennas) emanating from the body of the copter. Yours has some form of a covering over the antennas while my H has only bare wires. Wonder why they added that?

As you have a replacement H, I looked to see the two wires (antennas) emanating from the body of the copter. Yours has some form of a covering over the antennas while my H has only bare wires. Wonder why they added that?

Hmmmm.... I wonder if they should be bare???? What does everyone else reading this have... Bare wires or Covered wires?

I have a Typhoon H on back order, as i live in Australia, and cant purchase them yet , 2nd Aug.... anyways been doing some reading , and watched reviews to become familiar with it , and cant figure where or how to save the telemetry file for Dashware, cheers , sorry if its a stupid question

They are probably covered with a clear coat.
Check with an ohm meter if you have one.
:)

Hmmmm.... I wonder if they should be bare???? What does everyone else reading this have... Bare wires or Covered wires?

If they were bare it would increase the chance of contacting possibly that metal screw or something else metal inside which would affect antenna performance. Coated is better
:)

Put the ST16 into tablet mode and touch the file manager. Its in the telemetry directory. Now to transfer it to dashware you need a ssd card or you can hook the ST16 up to your computer via usb. It will look just like a disk on your computer. If you want to use an ssd card you need to format it to exfat then insert it in the ST-16. In the tablet mode up at the top you will see a ssd icon. Pull that down and it will say it needs to format it. Don't know why but you have to do this each time. Let that finish and its mounted. Open up the file manager again and you will see two disks now at the bottom. A button on the left side just above where the directory listings are switches between them. So go to the main directory on the St16 on the left side of the line the telemetry directory is on there is a pull down arrow click that then select copy. Hit the button to switch to the ssd and at the bottom click paste. That will copy the whole directory. Not a lot of space on the ST16 so you will need to prune back these files occasionally even if you don't use them for dashware. I don't think a full disk would be a nice experience when the H is in the air. Don't know the reason but there are quite a few files in that directory. Sometimes its hard to tell which one is the flight. I look for the ones with the biggest file size that usually works. Check out exmaps.com you can upload them there and get a full 3-d movie of your flight and other charts and such that show the telemetry.

The ones on my H are bare just at the ends. I put a bit of clear tape on the one that isn't covered by a sticker. I found it laying on one of the landing gear mounts and figured that wasn't a good thing.

Put the ST16 into tablet mode and touch the file manager. Its in the telemetry directory. Now to transfer it to dashware you need a ssd card or you can hook the ST16 up to your computer via usb. It will look just like a disk on your computer. If you want to use an ssd card you need to format it to exfat then insert it in the ST-16. <<snip>>
I don't think the ST16 recognizes exFAT.....this is one of my chief complaints with Yuneec's product inconsistencies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval