Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone know where the integrated powerfuse to the CGO3+ is?

Reaction score
I pulled a "hey stupid"....So I replaced the Mainboard, landing gear and gimbal wiring to my H, got her flying and I had the camera powering on and connecting, but no pan and tilt. I did all the updates, made sure that the contacts where connecting etc. during troubleshooting I took the round cover off the camera to see if the little 6 pin connect had maybe come loose. I used a small screw driver to push the pins in ,but I neglected to power down (rookie move I know). I am guessing one of the pins was not in all the way in and I saw a small spark. NO POWER AT ALL NOW. 1 step forward, 2 steps back!

So my question is this... In another post pilot60 said there is an integrated 6A fuse that is replaceable
Brought my CGO3+ back from the dead!

I don't want to fork out 120 bucks if there is a 90 cent fuse I can replace. Anyone have experience with this fuse and its location? I have an electronics background (I know the irony, no snarky comments), a bit of micro soldering does not scare me... But any help would be much appreciated.

Reactions: cdadanny
SUCCESS! I pulled the fuse out of my old board with a bad esc. It is remarkably simple. Use a Multi meter to check continuity of the fuse, tested bad on current PDB, but good on my old board as a reference. Removing the fuse and replacing it is a breeze if you are at all decent with a solder kit. I reference the video below. Sorry no pics, my phone camera is dead...

Reactions: Steve Carr
Great job and a nice video demo. So......did the camera work?
Yes and no, Camera powers on, connects, takes pictures etc. No Pan or tilt, which was my original problem. I changed the gimbal wiring as the old wires were torn at the pass through rotor, thats how I shorted it, troubleshooting this issue...
Here is what I have done...

6 spring Connection posts at rails = good
Firmware= good both st 16 and H
Unbind rebind= done
Calibrations = Done BUT Gimbal will not start calibration.
Wiring from Main power to prong connector circuit board-- Continuity check all wires good
Wires in camera= Continuity from connection to side in on camera all wires are good and pins are pushed in

I am at a loss, Pan and tilt worked when I loosly connected the wiring initially, but after I put the camera together it has worked one random time and nothing more. Any suggestions? Beating my head here as I have tried every suggestion in the forum I could find...

Last edited:
Sure sounds like an intermittent connection or a wire broken inside the insulation. They're the hardest to track down. I presume you have powered up the camera with the case removed and poked around the wires and connectors to see if any movement triggers a response.

Sure sounds like an intermittent connection or a wire broken inside the insulation. They're the hardest to track down. I presume you have powered up the camera with the case removed and poked around the wires and connectors to see if any movement triggers a response.

Yes I did, but i did not visually check the lines, I used a thin wire that fit the pins attached to multi to test both ends of wires. While I had her open for the fuse, (BTW, I did the fuse with the mainboard still completely connected) I opened up the mount rail to access the connector board and checked continuity of the wires from the mainboard to the 6 prong board . Then I took the round cover and collar off the gimbal and checked the continuity from the 6 flat connector plate through to the 6 pin flat connect on the camera (with the power off this time;) I moved around the wires quite a bit during the process, if there was a "ghost break" as I call them in the insulation, the continuity should have picked it up I would think. I was trying to test without taking the bird apart again fully to remove the camera wire from the chassis.

I know the answer to this but want to verify, with power off (Heh) if I have the side of the camera gimbal (the part I replaced) open with the 6 colored wires to male connector exposed, and with the camera mounted, if I go to the wire connection to the camera on the main board, I should get continuity between the plastic (male) wires all the way through to the camera connection on the side of the gimbal?a few wires are of course soldered together, but they should register as continuous from point A to B, Correct?? I am thinking this would eliminate any question on wiring or the 6 prong connector being shorted somehow.... BTW, Thanks for all the help Steve. I am thinking I can rig an old rx and transmitter and wire them into the gimbal, think that would work to test the camera? I mean they are just channel controlled servos right? I could leave the power wires from the drone and disconnect the signal in and wire to a channel on a traditional rx/tx?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval