Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

AOPA and 'Drones"

The Airplane Owners and Pilots Association has elected to welcome "drone" operators into the membership ranks. It appears there will be some services offered for those that join.

AOPA Announces Drone Pilot Memberships
Is that a world wide association or just in the USA? I'm in the U.K. and may be interested.

I believe it's U.S., or N. America specific, but does have relationships with general aviation groups world wide.

Any drone pilots sign up with them yet.

They offer insurance as well Drones - AOPA Insurance will have to give them call and see if it is cheaper than what I pay at now

I've been an AOPA member since '89. They have always managed to provide a constant expansion of user aids, including training, education, and law review. Aviation insurance has always been one of them and I anticipate they will help expand our choices for insurance coverage with sUAS as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Joined today @PatR, talked with the lady that handles the insurance , they are just the middle guys , so if you went to get insurance somewhere else they would shop around and get your rate, she told me that is all they do as well at this point

That's what a "broker" does. They shop around and are there to represents your needs. A broker can deal with many different companies in order to find the customer the best package. If you deal with an "underwriter" you'll be dealing with someone that typically represents only one company, and the interests of that company come before yours. You want to deal with brokers if trying to find the coverage that suits you best for the price you are willing to pay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdvaikTasteofPurity