Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Arducopter/APM/Pixhawk Instructions

The H520 is based on Px4 Autopilot and not Ardupilot. That link can only confuse people and create false hope.

The mapping software info is generic enough... But mainly tells you some free software to try.

Last edited:
Indeed, PX4 is not Ardu, but the foundation for what is PX4 starts with Ardu and works up. Pixhawk has the same origin. The info available in the Ardu Wiki is extremely expansive and provides a lot of very useful background for the uninitiated before jumping into Pixhawk and PX4. For those that would like to dive into the advanced stuff you can go here: Open Source for Drones - PX4 Pro Open Source Autopilot

Last edited:
Reactions: chimpax
I say this because it is not based on that software and there is a danger that people will think it will have the same functionalities.

DataPilot is based on PX4 and its ground control station is QGroundControl. In fact, in the desktop version of DataPilot is easy to read how it specifically puts QGroundControl. With a glance at the desktop version of QGroundControl you can clearly see how DataPilot is the same as DataPilot but adapted to the H520, which is a big advantage because these programs are suitable for all types of aircraft. DataPilot is only adapted to the H520, much simpler, less things to set up, better for the pilot.

That this based on PX4 doesn't mean either that it will have the same functionalities, in fact may have some that aren't from where it takes the base. Soon they are supposed to release the famous "great update" that will bring news on the topic of mapping. As they are all rumors and in principle are not official news is to speak for speaking. Let us just hope that it fills in the gaps in the current version on this subject :)

ST16S v2 same as the H520. Still Android 4.4.4
The initial H520 had a ST16S. The screen was brighter and better than the original St16v2. Then the H Plus was released and it's Glass was better than the H520s ST16S. The New ST16Sv2 has rounded edges in the glass where it rolls into the casing. The newer H520s also use the same version.
The only difference between the H520 and H Plus controller is DataPilot/UpdatePilot apps and FlightMode2.0 app.

The only difference between the H520 and H Plus controller is DataPilot/UpdatePilot apps and FlightMode2.0 app.

The datapilot is not a problem, with linking to the C23. I have linked the C23 to DataPilot, as well as the gimbal.bin. The conflict arise once you bind the H Plus to datapilot, it crashes. My theory is this, if the E90 is fitted to the H Plus it becomes an H520, because the C23 cannot accept the autopilot.yuneec and the autopilot needs a specific reader (not UpdatePilot that’s an updater, and FlightMode is a backdoor of PX4 this is used to calibrate the network and channel indexing.. etc.. But, if someone can edit the autopilot “.exe” file and change configuration manifesto of the camera, I have an 80% confidence that both drones can share the same features.

I am starting to raise a lot of questions of why the H Plus does not have the common features that’s seen on the H480 if the H Plus is an upgrade to the 480, why does it not have proper features? The H Plus is nothing more than just a half cooked H520 platform, due to profit. Because if you really look at the H Plus and what it can do, it’s a crying shame that Yuneec pushed the H Plus to the market, unpolished.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snagglesworth
All of Yuneec’s “apk” is nothing more than just a PX4 platform.

Reactions: Trav H

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Telefoni