Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Attention on landing the H

Reaction score
When I got back home I still had a fully charged battery left and made a little flying exercise at home to drain the battery.
As it was cold I did not do de normal hand catch but instead I made the landing procedure I done hundreds of times with my Q500. I also practice landing with the start/stop button sometimes but not today.
The landing seemed to go well, but well on ground the H riced agan and fell down upside down. No harm was done and I took it up again for a test flight,
Be careful and use the correct landing maneuver when you land the H.
landing fault

Reactions: rory and MarkC
If you don't hold the throttle down until the TH goes into idle mode and you release it , it will try to compensate for All kinds of things. This is the cause for most tip overs on landing. Always be mindful of this characteristic of the H

Reactions: rory and Bosse_A
Make sure sonar and collision avoidance are 'off' prior to landing. They treat the ground as an obstacle to be avoided. I have discovered that you can force an H down with sonar on, but as soon as you let the 'throttle' stick center, you will be ascending.

Jim

Reactions: rory
The issue was cold feet, need to put boots on landing gear;):rolleyes: and long johns.
Yeah that's me Golf Cobra. I can stomp a landing pad in the snow, that doesn't mean the aircraft will like it. The funny part is it always seems plenty big enough to take off, somehow it got smaller when it was time to land.

Jim

Reactions: rory and AH-1G
Make sure sonar and collision avoidance are 'off' prior to landing. They treat the ground as an obstacle to be avoided. I have discovered that you can force an H down with sonar on, but as soon as you let the 'throttle' stick center, you will be ascending.

Jim
I have tried that too but not yesterday :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49