Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Balance camera

Reaction score
Hi from hot Spain ;)
Would you balance this camera for the filters (UV , ND)?
The second picture shows the camera without lens and the first shows how the camera tilts down once the filter is attached.
Turned on, the camera raises up, no problem.
Just wondering if this is extra stress for the gimbal?

thanks for your opinions / advice

IMG_20180711_083547_965.jpg IMG_20180711_083458_347.jpg

Hi from hot Spain ;)
Would you balance this camera for the filters (UV , ND)?
The second picture shows the camera without lens and the first shows how the camera tilts down once the filter is attached.
Turned on, the camera raises up, no problem.
Just wondering if this is extra stress for the gimbal?

thanks for your opinions / advice

View attachment 10335 View attachment 10336
Some pilots fix a small counterweight to the rear of the camera to balance off the effects of having a filter attached. A small coin for example. Without a filter attached the camera is balanced pretty good and the introduction of a filter does upset that balance...not much but it does. IMHO it certainly wouldn't hurt to introduce a counterbalance...it'll help the gimbal motors.

IMG_20180711_151126_526.jpg
Thanks FlushVision, just glued a small coin to the back of the camera and it levels out much nicer with the filter in place. I will pretty much always fly with a filter on the camera so I guess it really won't hurt

Reactions: Steve Carr
I have always balanced my gimbals. Another option I have used with with CGO3+, is to attach a small strip of adhesive velcro to the back of the CGO3+, then using a small segmented lead weights (for RC planes), roughly 1/4oz or 7 gram ea, I stick them along the velcro strip which allows the weights to easily be adjusted off center for near perfect balance. Just place them carefully and if you use thin velcro, clearance with the gimbal frame is no issue.

Reactions: JulesTEO and biltno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval