Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery care

Reaction score
As there's so many experienced Yuneec pilots on here, what's the best treatment for the H battery. Should you recharge regardless at the end of the day, even though you're down to, say, only 15v? Or should you wait until its discharged more after another flight. (Bearing in mind "low" warnings)

Hi Chris. Lipo storage is susposed to be 3.85 volts per cell. So 15 volts is too low. 15.4 is storage volts. Hope this helps.

image.jpeg I was meaning the voltage as shown in Typhoon Charlie's chart from a week or so back... (Thanks TC!) I'm looking at the 4S column.
When would you land? At what voltage reading?
And would you recharge if it was in the mid to high 15's....

Reactions: Ryan Nobrega
Chris look at 3.85 then go across. 55% is storage otherwise you WILL hurt it. Lots of flyers put their drones away for months at a time. So do what you want.i have a friend from Alice Springs named Birdy. He is a SCG there.

Last edited:
"Do what I want"?
That's why I posted the question, I'm a newb here so apologies.
You keep mentioning "storage" and that doesn't appear in the
chart as far as I can see... Unless it's known by another name.
All I'm trying to find out is when is a minimum safe reading on the ST16 screen (voltage) that I should finish at.

Reactions: Skypicswa
If you fly till buzzard goes the you will need to charge. Use the ST 16'tocheck the charge. I have flown my Typhoon till it came back then stored it, it will kill the battery. You won't find this anywhere unless you ask. Which you are. I won't do this on my H.

Reactions: DroneClone
You can push it down to 20%,and not harm the battery. I myself would not do this. I have two batterys which I rotate. But if you are not going to fly in the next week you will need to discharge it to 55% or 15.4 volts for storage then charge again. I hope I'm clear on this. This is for all of us here.

Chris, recommended storage for Lipo's over 10 days non usage or longer is to store at 55-60%. So fine to charge on Monday and fly on Saturday's. if you are putting them up for two weeks /month, run them down to 55% and store them. Unfortunately Yuneec's Lipo's are not Smart Batteries and after 10 days, do not self drain down to 55% like DJI's, Hope that clarifies!;)

Last edited:
You can fly it, hover it down or charge it after a flight to 55-60%. Checking it on the St 16.

Reactions: GunnyE9
If you fly till buzzard goes the you will need to charge. Use the ST 16'tocheck the charge. I have flown my Typhoon till it came back then stored it, it will kill the battery. You won't find this anywhere unless you ask. Which you are. I won't do this on my H.
Exactly!

so if you not fly in a month or two, and you still need to charge to keep 50-60 % ??

so if you not fly in a month or two, and you still need to charge to keep 50-60 % ??
Yes Sir!, always keep it 55-60% for storage over 10 days, To much charge in storage can cause the battery to a swell and too little charge in a long storage is also bad and cause the Lipo to not hold a charge in the future to it's full capacity!

That is my experience also DC. This is not an ever ready

Reactions: DroneClone
That's an incredible pain in the ***! Is this the best battery tech they can use for some reason.

What if I'm storing for longer than 10 days?

I have 4 new batteries that have been sitting for a couple of weeks. Should I plug each one into the H and see what the ST16 says for each battery before I put them on the charger & fully charge them?

That's an incredible pain in the ***! Is this the best battery tech they can use for some reason.

What if I'm storing for longer than 10 days?
If storing for longer than ten days, hover/run it down to 55% and store as long as you like. Like I stated they do not self discharge after 10 days or what ever length you select in some of the other UAS's on the market. They probably cut costs by not choosing to go with "Smart Batteries" and beefed up other options? Not sure why

It would seem some enterprising individual could come up with automated way of discharging a battery to a desired voltage without having to plug it in an H and hovering it for 10 minutes.

I understand the storage advice but what the safe lowest you can run the battery when in use?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval