Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery chargers, again ?!?

Reaction score
New owner of 4K, or will be as it actually won't show up until tomorrow. Ordered extra props, batteries and stuff. Didn't think about an extra charger until watching Jeff Sibelius video's last night. Did a search on here about chargers, they all seem to discuss ones like the one mentioned in Jeff's video or similar varieties that need the power leads and load balance cables.
I didn't see anybody reference the 'Q500 Power Station 6Amp Dual Output LiPo Battery Charger by Venom' that is on Ebay, that looks like you just drop 2 batteries in and walk away.

Anyone have any experience with this charger good or bad? Looks like a simple way to go, especially for a newb.

TIA
RH

I've seen a similar version made by morpilot and posted on here for some advice but the same as you I've had no reply. It seems like there ain't a lot of q500 users left or at least willing to help out us newbs.

I've seen a similar version made by morpilot and posted on here for some advice but the same as you I've had no reply. It seems like there ain't a lot of q500 users left or at least willing to help out us newbs.
I think there are a number of 500 owners here... it's just I don't believe there are many with this type of charger...does it look convenient? absolutely...if memory serves me correct, wasn't there a post awhile back about having to shave the outside corners on one type of battery to enable it to fit the charger???

I didn't see that thread, I'd like to get one just because as you say it looks so convenient but I don't know how well it would balance charge or affect the longevity of the battery.

I didn't see that thread, I'd like to get one just because as you say it looks so convenient but I don't know how well it would balance charge or affect the longevity of the battery.
I would think Venom have been in the business long enough to take everything into consideration...This charger may just be a Venom model of another manufacturer's original design

New owner of 4K, or will be as it actually won't show up until tomorrow. Ordered extra props, batteries and stuff. Didn't think about an extra charger until watching Jeff Sibelius video's last night. Did a search on here about chargers, they all seem to discuss ones like the one mentioned in Jeff's video or similar varieties that need the power leads and load balance cables.
I didn't see anybody reference the 'Q500 Power Station 6Amp Dual Output LiPo Battery Charger by Venom' that is on Ebay, that looks like you just drop 2 batteries in and walk away.

Anyone have any experience with this charger good or bad? Looks like a simple way to go, especially for a newb.

TIA
RH
it looks like a good charger for Q500 batteries but no other batteries you mite have . i have the hitec 4x plus but the 2x is just as good and can charge a number of different types of batteries . about the same price also . Hitec X2 AC Plus Dual Port AC/DC Multi-Charger (6S/6A/100W) . this is just my option .
s-l64.jpg

I have a similar charger to what you're talking about OP; mine is just black but also has the LCD screens.

It is an AWESOME charger. It charges from 5% to 100% in less than an hour, and it can do it with both batteries!

I highly recommend; it's a night and day difference between it and the stock charger.

I just ordered the RC-D100 from Banggood.com, there was a great video on it and it seems to be the one that will work for the H...

TIA
RH
Check the comments section on Amazon. If I remember correctly, this charger received mixed reviews.

Like most things there are pros and cons, I have watched several videos on this charger, bought the Yuneec battery cable and it works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital