Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Beta testers needed - Telemetry

Reaction score
I'm looking for some beta testers for some software that should be helpful for Typhoon H operators.

If you use or are interested in telemetry and programs like DashWare, this may be helpful for you.

You need to be comfortable with installing software and able to describe odd things when they happen. This is very early access software, so you may need to be patient whilst things get fixed. I'll need your contact details, information about your home PC/laptop (operating system, browser) and any experience you have with drones beyond the standard Typhoon H.

Contact me through the forum message system and I'll fill you in!

Unsure of exactly what you are looking for, but I'd like to join in if you'll have me. My H won't be in for a couple of weeks, but I am super excited.
Thanks!

I will keep my identity,thanks but no thanks. I wouldn't give personal info to nobody.as soon as you load up some strange beta testing software,boom that's all she wrote.

I will keep my identity,thanks but no thanks. I wouldn't give personal info to nobody.as soon as you load up some strange beta testing software,boom that's all she wrote.

That's absolutely fine. The deal with Beta software is you get to try out stuff before others get their hands on it, but you may have problems and find bugs. In return I have to trust that you're not going to give it away to all your friends.

For those that are interested, I should have something available at the end of the week. I'm sharing more details about what the software is privately with testers so they can make an informed decision about getting involved.

Tuna,
Offcourse I will be happy to test anything with telemetry data. If you want you can PM me. I like playing around with telemetry data.

No offense to the OP or the volunteers, more power to those involved as I think something like Dashware would be a cool option.

I do find it very interesting that people would volunteer without any specific details about the product under test, potential risks, such as "bricking", voiding of warranty, help from the OP should the software "brick" the bird/controller, or the software cause a malfunction which causes a loss of control of the bird and crashing... I'm thinking since Yuneec hasn't opened its software/firmware to third parties they won't warranty anything that may be associated with the software/firmware in a failure.

He does not say we have to do anything with the bird. He talks about software on your laptop/pc, so nothing to do with warranty.

I'm looking for some beta testers for some software that should be helpful for Typhoon H operators.

If you use or are interested in telemetry and programs like DashWare, this may be helpful for you.

You need to be comfortable with installing software and able to describe odd things when they happen. This is very early access software, so you may need to be patient whilst things get fixed. I'll need your contact details, information about your home PC/laptop (operating system, browser) and any experience you have with drones beyond the standard Typhoon H.

Contact me through the forum message system and I'll fill you in!

I would be happy to beta test. I have an extensive background in computer technology and should be able to help troubleshoot any problem. PM sent with contact information.

No offense to the OP or the volunteers, more power to those involved as I think something like Dashware would be a cool option.

I do find it very interesting that people would volunteer without any specific details about the product under test, potential risks, such as "bricking", voiding of warranty, help from the OP should the software "brick" the bird/controller, or the software cause a malfunction which causes a loss of control of the bird and crashing... I'm thinking since Yuneec hasn't opened its software/firmware to third parties they won't warranty anything that may be associated with the software/firmware in a failure.

I'm talking directly with volunteers to explain what the product does, the risks and who I am. I'm not ready to discuss those details to the wider forum as I'd like to keep things quiet until it's ready to launch.

The software is not for use whilst flying the H, and doesn't modify the normal flight app in any way - no changes to Yuneec's software or firmware. I don't believe in producing something that owners would be scared to use (the idea of things like lens mods makes me nervous!).

Just thought I'd post to question your intentions, integrity, and the intelligence of beta testers in general, based on no information and a general sense of paranoia. Good luck with your trials, hopefully something that improves the industry will come of it. Always glad to see sharing and exploration performed for the good of all.

I'm talking directly with volunteers to explain what the product does, the risks and who I am. I'm not ready to discuss those details to the wider forum as I'd like to keep things quiet until it's ready to launch.

The software is not for use whilst flying the H, and doesn't modify the normal flight app in any way - no changes to Yuneec's software or firmware. I don't believe in producing something that owners would be scared to use (the idea of things like lens mods makes me nervous!).
I am interested in your development program, but I do not understand your true goals of improving software Typhoon.
I used to fly to the Phantom and enjoyed Lichi program, which I liked and responded to all of my tasks and requirements for drone.
I am very interested in programming and setting - Flying over the points of interest circled point, return home (change - altitude flyby speed, hang time on the point of whether or not the direction of the camera, and so on).
If you have such goals in the creation of the program, I am quite willing to give you your data and test the program.
This is a bomb !!:D

Tuna I come from Denmark. I have flown with Q500 in some years. Have used DashWare much. Currently I wait for my H Real Sense, which I've pre-ordered. I have been working with computer in a many years, and are interested in being Beta Tester, if you can use me? I will be totally anonymous and only refer to you. Here where I live, I fly in open natural landscapes, and have my own property, so I do not have to go elsewhere to fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval