Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Biggest problem with the TH is not the bird but the ST-16...

Reaction score
After researching for weeks about flyaways, unstable mid air idle and erratic flights and probably 20% of human error...

The main problem 80% seems to be faulty hardware stick control, some of them the right stick but most of them the left stick specially the (yaw) where the controller seems to be sluggish and erratic (goes up fast comes down slow and vise versa my yaw goes around 40 - 45% then if you wiggle it goes to 90% and so fort but even after calibrating and shifting the yaw to the right stick for test 100% to 0 every time my left stick does the same erratic behavior and also never sits at zero when I let go to center it will show around 10 % off zero.

To confirm my thoughts I saw this German fellow that tested 3 different H and st-16 controller and came to the same conclusion and explains it... but in german, anyhow it is still very visual and just came out to warn people about the problem. So be carefull.

Tell me what you think?

I think my German isn't as good as I thought... LOL

Did you try a complete Factory Reset of the ST-16 followed by recalibration?

Reactions: ChadCloses
I still try to find out what happened with my drone last week and i lost all connection between the H and ST-16. My H pro-RS was at 80 meters altitude and 130 meters out, suddenly had no telemetry on screen and a freeze of camera. The H stayed in hoover and didn't react on any controls. I switched return home and it did but stayed in hoover at 80 meters altitude. It was the 2nd flight with the DBS Intellite antenna. Eventually even switched off the ST-16, put on the old antennas and powered it back up, still no result. Again powered off the ST-16 and turned it on for the second time, this time did got telemetry but nu camera connection. Still wasn't able to lower my bird. I decided to power up my wizard, that made connection with the H and I was able to lower it with the wizard. Now my bird is grounded until I know what happened. I can't imagine I lost all telemetry and control because of the new antenna. First flight was perfect with the DBS.

yeah the ST had a bad YAW from the jump. it was very slow to respond and sometimes wouldnt take off. i thought it was me until it really got bad. sent it in and all is well now.

Reactions: Solo
I hope somebody can help me read my Telemetry logs to see what's wrong. I didn't had any problems with the YAW before. In my case all telemetry on the screen was lost as well as the response of the H. It only came back as when I switched to return home. But then it didn't initial auto landing but kept hovering at 80 meters altitude. Very strange and I'm a bit afraid to fly again after approx. 70 successful flights without any problems.

They replaced my gps module also. wasn't sure why they did that. may wanna call yuneec and have them look at it

instead of sending my bird to Yuneec I rather hope to find out by this forum and it's members what the cause could be. I think it makes a stronger case if it does need repair under warranty. So they won't beat me around the bush if I contact them.

Reactions: yerrickl
I did the same thing and it ended up in a tree. It's your choice. If your in the right you should be ok. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same thing and it ended up in a tree. It's your choice. If your in the right you should be ok. Good luck!

Now my bird is grounded until I understand what happened. Only then I can make the decision what to do. Lucky me I have a backup H advanced, so I can still fly.

I think my German isn't as good as I thought... LOL

Did you try a complete Factory Reset of the ST-16 followed by recalibration?

Have tried everything,same issue with the left stick controller J2 on the Yaw... it is 110% a hardware issue. I think at a point the manufacturer rushed out these bird with hardware issues, instead of a recall they decided to fix it on a case by case bases. I've purchased one of the last typhon G, last year and flew it at least 80 times it is "FLAWLESS" and on the st-10 plus the 2 stick controls goes 0-100% perfectly. In conclusion better to wait and not to rush in a new product before they iron out the gremlins :rolleyes:

yeah the ST had a bad YAW from the jump. it was very slow to respond and sometimes wouldnt take off. i thought it was me until it really got bad. sent it in and all is well now.
That is good to know, I have had 1 instance where the Typhoon H wouldn't take off. Turn off, then back on and everything seemed OK. I will keep an eye on this before warranty expires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval