Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bind Multiple CGO3+ to ST16?

Reaction score
After searching the forum, I'm unable to find any feedback on this topic, so if it has already been covered in another thread, I hope someone can redirect. Otherwise, my problem is this:
  • I now have two CGO3+ cams complete with gimbal...one stock lens, and one with a Peau 8.25
  • My goal is to interchange one or the other without having to rebind.
So, my question:
  • Can I (for example) simply add another Typhoon H in the system profile and simply select the model I want to use each time?
  • Or, is there another way to accomplish?
Since I know there are those out there using the thermal CGO3+ as well as a stock or other, I assume those pilots must have the need to switch back and forth as necessary.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

This has been on my wish list as long as I've had a TH... unfortunately, when you switch cameras you have to completely rebind that camera each time. Two things that waste a lot of time and battery use on are:

1) The H's inability to retain camera settings when you land and power off to change batteries, and...

2) What you stated above... the inability to retain multiple camera profiles in the binding settings, so you can swap out cameras as easily as you swap out lenses on a standard SLR.

Last edited:
No doubt the input I expected, but was hoping for a different outcome. Unbelievable Yuneec can't/won't resolve such a needed and simple update. Thanks much for your feedback!

While it's not a full solution, but what I've done is to designate one of my batteries solely for non-flight functions... waiting for GPS almanac updates, re-binding the camera, doing calibrations and determining and writing down camera settings. That way, no flight time is burned on my primary flight batteries.

After searching the forum, I'm unable to find any feedback on this topic, so if it has already been covered in another thread, I hope someone can redirect. Otherwise, my problem is this:
  • I now have two CGO3+ cams complete with gimbal...one stock lens, and one with a Peau 8.25
  • My goal is to interchange one or the other without having to rebind.
So, my question:
  • Can I (for example) simply add another Typhoon H in the system profile and simply select the model I want to use each time?
  • Or, is there another way to accomplish?
Since I know there are those out there using the thermal CGO3+ as well as a stock or other, I assume those pilots must have the need to switch back and forth as necessary.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

I own 2 aircrafts each with its own camera/gimbal; each aircraft has it's own profile. As far as I remember (I cannot check this at this moment) whenever I switch between Models they each retain their own camera bound. I guess you could create an alternate model with the same aircraft bound, but with the different camera installed. Again, I think this is how it works but I definitely would have to check it out (unfortunately right now Im out of town for the holidays and far away from my uavs)

I do happen to swap cameras between the aircrafts frequently, all it takes is just a few seconds to bind the cameras (tap on System Settings -> Bind -> Select camera and tap Bind again.) No need to rebind the whole aircraft + camera. (Also, I dont remember the last time I got asked for the camera's password while doing this)

What I do hate is forgetting which camera was previously bound to which aircraft, then find myself waiting endlessly for a camera connection when the ST16 is actually listening for the other.

Greetings!

Reactions: Steve Carr
I think the issue that JonesHD and I are having is with the scenario of having two cameras to switch and bind with one aircraft. It does take longer to re-establish the WiFi connection to start the re-binding process, than if un-mounting and then re-mounting the same camera back on the same aircraft.

It’s for sure part of mission planning especially when trying to document color changes. I’ve got more than one video where I finished filming holding the 480 over my head and pretending to be the drone in movement. That’s the only way I’ve found to hold my camera settings and finish without shutting everything off.

Craig,

What's interesting is the 920+, which uses the same FC and ST-16 as the H, retains camera settings from the previous flight. If they could make that happen with one why can't they do it with the other?

As they both use the same controllers, it may be acceptable to mention I use different cameras on the 920+ and have aircraft/camera selection profiles set up in the Model Select menu. It has Typhoon H, Tornado 920, 920 w/CGO-3, and 920 w/CGO-4 as model select options. Even though the aircraft is the same across the 920 selections I have to re-bind after every camera change. As the System Settings menu only allows one camera firmware selection at a time I don't think it would be possible to bind multiple cameras simultaneously. We might also consider that since some of the flight profiles (team mode is one of them) are maintained in the camera the use of multiple cameras could be very confusing for the FC logic.

Would it be the camera flash memory that’s different? The best tip I learned on the GGO3+ from Captain Drone was the hitting the white balance lock right away then doing manual settings from there. So it’s always been finicky holding its settings which I’ve always felt was camera related not controller.

That was a very neat W/B trick to be sure. I should add the 920 does not retain EV and zoom level settings. Those always start out at zero. ISO, shutter, camera mode, resolution, image type, and scene settings stay.

That explains my frustrations. On the H480, I attempted to make multiple profiles: same H480, different cameras. H CGO3+, H CGO-ET, H CGO3+8mm, H No Cam, etc. From this discussion, this function is not possible on the H480 ST16? It's not possible to have multiple H Profiles of same H480 on 1 ST16? I made several attempts and was not successful, as a newbie I was attempting to figure out what I was doing incorrectly.

What is the purpose of being able to copy a profile or make a new H480 profile, multiple H's?

Although you can have one H480 bond to multiple ST16's? Is this correct? I only have 1 ST16 so not able to verify.

That explains my frustrations. On the H480, I attempted to make multiple profiles: same H480, different cameras. H CGO3+, H CGO-ET, H CGO3+8mm, H No Cam, etc. From this discussion, this function is not possible on the H480 ST16? It's not possible to have multiple H Profiles of same H480 on 1 ST16? I made several attempts and was not successful, as a newbie I was attempting to figure out what I was doing incorrectly.

What is the purpose of being able to copy a profile or make a new H480 profile, multiple H's?

Although you can have one H480 bond to multiple ST16's? Is this correct? I only have 1 ST16 so not able to verify.

An H can be bound to any ST-16, including the one provided for a 920+. It helps immensely if the firmware across all the aircraft and cameras is the same for the model type. As each aircraft's flight controllers have individualized serial numbers I'm not sure if using multiple H aircraft would require to be bound to the ST-16 every time they were swapped out.

From my perspective, the reason for copying model profiles is to create a spare model for experimentation with expo, rates and other set up values to allow ease or return to the basic original model if you don't like the changes made and can't return it to the original set up values.

As you've noted, there's not much point in making different camera profiles with the H as it does not save any camera settings to return to between power cycles. For me that's kind of a big deal as it causes the user to consume more battery than necessary recreating the previous set up when filming things where more than one battery is to be used. We learn to make a note of what our camera settings are before shutting down in order to set up faster for the next flight

An H can be bound to any ST-16, including the one provided for a 920+. It helps immensely if the firmware across all the aircraft and cameras is the same for the model type. As each aircraft's flight controllers have individualized serial numbers I'm not sure if using multiple H aircraft would require to be bound to the ST-16 every time they were swapped out.

From my perspective, the reason for copying model profiles is to create a spare model for experimentation with expo, rates and other set up values to allow ease or return to the basic original model if you don't like the changes made and can't return it to the original set up values.

As you've noted, there's not much point in making different camera profiles with the H as it does not save any camera settings to return to between power cycles. For me that's kind of a big deal as it causes the user to consume more battery than necessary recreating the previous set up when filming things where more than one battery is to be used. We learn to make a note of what our camera settings are before shutting down in order to set up faster for the next flight
Correct, that is a primary reason. Experiment with Expo & rates.
I evidently did something incorrect. I made a H480 profile: tried by "copy" and "new". Couldn't seem to get it attach & bind to H. Could rebind to original but not to one of the new H480 Profiles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval