Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Blade 350qx binds to frsky DSMX module but not dx6i.

Reaction score
Hi, Advice needed please!
I have a Blade350qx original version upgraded to V3 firmware. I have flown it before but have changed transmitters. I can now bind it ok to a DSMX module in a frsky tx but I would like to use a dsm2 / DSMX Spektrum dx6i instead. I have setup the dx6i as per qx3 manual but it refuses to do the bind.
Am I getting something wrong on the tx setup that prevents binding? I know the quad is fine as it binds to my frsky tx.
Thanks for any help.

Finally got the bind on my dx6i. The blade is a QX updated to qx3. The problem now is having got a gps lock with solid green or solid purple the motors won't start. I've tried rudder left right and both sticks to inside corners. The props are off. The gui shows all escs green and I have done the motor tests that way all fine. Do I need to be outside the safecircle to start?

I also can't get rth or agility or solid blue mode. The 4 times flick of fmode doesn't do anything either.. not sure how d/r affects things

As far as I remember the DX6i has to be programmed for the 350QX. I found a document (not from me) that describes programming for all 4 flightmodes. It is in german, but deepl or other translators may help.
I don't have a DX6i, not tested, no warranty. Please test all first without propellers.

Attachments

• DX6i-Blade-350QX-Anleitung.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi, Advice needed please!
I have a Blade350qx original version upgraded to V3 firmware. I have flown it before but have changed transmitters. I can now bind it ok to a DSMX module in a frsky tx but I would like to use a dsm2 / DSMX Spektrum dx6i instead. I have setup the dx6i as per qx3 manual but it refuses to do the bind.
Am I getting something wrong on the tx setup that prevents binding? I know the quad is fine as it binds to my frsky tx.
Thanks for any help.
I'm not sure what binding instructions you were reading. But the QX3 manual does not have instructions beyond "per the transmitter manual". And the DFX6I manual is sort of limited to servos instead of quadcopters.
Here is how I just did it:
  1. Be aware the 350QX will bind to the DX6i even if the DX6i is not set up. This can lead to very unsafe conditions if the motors start and you have no control or shutdown capability.
  2. Remove the props.
  3. Ensure the DX6i is set up correctly for a Blade 350QX and the Blade 350QX is selected.
  4. Ensure the DX6i is turned off.
  5. Turn on the 350QX and get it in the bind mode.
  6. Hold the DX6i Trainer (Bind) switch towards the front of the controller. (See Pic Below)
  7. Power on the DX61.
  8. Wait for the Bind to complete.
  9. Release the Trainer (Bind) switch.
  10. Wait for GPS to acquire.
  11. Ensure props are removed.
  12. Move switches and test start/stop motors to ensure bind and setup are correct.
Switch.jpg

Attachments

• DX6i manual_Addendum.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 4
  • DX6i-Manual.pdf
    7.9 MB · Views: 2
  • QX3 Manual.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 2
  • QX3 Quick Reference Shhet.pdf
    829.7 KB · Views: 3
  • QX3 Quickstart Guide.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 1
I'm not sure what binding instructions you were reading. But the QX3 manual does not have instructions beyond "per the transmitter manual". And the DFX6I manual is sort of limited to servos instead of quadcopters.
Here is how I just did it:
  1. Be aware the 350QX will bind to the DX6i even if the DX6i is not set up. This can lead to very unsafe conditions if the motors start and you have no control or shutdown capability.
  2. Remove the props.
  3. Ensure the DX6i is set up correctly for a Blade 350QX and the Blade 350QX is selected.
  4. Ensure the DX6i is turned off.
  5. Turn on the 350QX and get it in the bind mode.
  6. Hold the DX6i Trainer (Bind) switch towards the front of the controller. (See Pic Below)
  7. Power on the DX61.
  8. Wait for the Bind to complete.
  9. Release the Trainer (Bind) switch.
  10. Wait for GPS to acquire.
  11. Ensure props are removed.
  12. Move switches and test start/stop motors to ensure bind and setup are correct.
View attachment 29278
@WTFDproject, SUCH A CLEVER MAN

.......... Do I need to be outside the safecircle to start?
No.
The safe circle is not established on 350QX series the same way as the later ST series controllers. There is no GPS in the controller. The drone has no idea where the pilot is standing or where the controller is. All it knows is "stay away from a point that was ~15ft straight behind the drone at lift off". If you stay inside that circle you are safe (in theory).
But you can be standing anywhere in radio range and still start/stop/control the drone.

I also can't get rth or agility or solid blue mode. The 4 times flick of fmode doesn't do anything either.. not sure how d/r affects things
Yuneec changed the instructions for how to setup the DX6i for each version of the 350QX. The instructions in the QX3 version has only two normal flight modes. Look at the "Switch Position" columns in the DX6i Setup Chart below and set up the controller for the way you want to fly. Also refer to the "QX2 Agility Instructions" if you choose the QX2 version of the setup (and want to crash the drone really fast).

It might be a good idea to erase the Model you are working with and start with a clean, standard DX6l setup.

Please let us know what instructions you are following. The instructions differ intentionally, and knowing which you are using will help differentiate between setup features and actual malfunctions.

Attachments

• DX6i Setup charts.png
    DX6i Setup charts.png
    323.5 KB · Views: 4
  • QX2 Agility Instructions.pdf
    35 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: DoomMeister
Ok thanks all! Got it sorted now. I have the bind and all qx3 flight modes and motors start. The only remaining issue, which is weird, is I have to hold the QX at 45degreed when initialising. But on the gui the graphic attitudes seem correct that is the QX on screen is level in roll when the actual model is.

Reactions: WTFDproject
...The only remaining issue, which is weird, is I have to hold the QX at 45degreed when initialising.
Is it the QX itself or is it the camera that is difficult to initialize?
It is common for the CGo2 camera to require the drone to be tilted. I don't recall an actual drone that required the "45 Degree Tilt".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval