Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze 4K IPS burnt

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’ve got a Breeze last year in December. I’ve had an accident with it and the drone smashed in a metal structure similar with London eye, it became unresponsive and went like crazy straight in it. It survived and worker after but the glass protection on the bottom got broken.

Last weekend when I tried to fly, it worked like normal and one of a sudden tin mid flight the IPS notifyed me that has an error and went red. The drone continued to fly and I landed it safely but a little hard since the sensors were not working.

And here I’m where the drone does not want to fly anymore. It powers on but the sensors are red no matter how many times I restart it.
I took the belly cover off and the board with the sensors was so how that I could not touch it with my finger. I guess they are not working anymore.
I desoldered that small board with sensors and tried to clean it in case there are liquids or something on it and soldered it back on but the error is still there.

Is there any way that I can deactivate these sensors and fly only with GPS?

Thanks

Attachments

• FD94C818-4616-48EA-8399-22FADE7BF2FC.jpeg
    FD94C818-4616-48EA-8399-22FADE7BF2FC.jpeg
    479.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 72770654-89D6-4AD9-BF50-735C076CC167.jpeg
    72770654-89D6-4AD9-BF50-735C076CC167.jpeg
    469.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 3095AB0D-1585-44E2-9ECF-45111AD196CC.jpeg
    3095AB0D-1585-44E2-9ECF-45111AD196CC.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 1C4E40E6-C3FF-4847-B31D-A63A024FA12E.jpeg
    1C4E40E6-C3FF-4847-B31D-A63A024FA12E.jpeg
    982.9 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: MisoSoup
The breeze has a kind of computer in it that polls at startup all subsystems. In a kind of dialogue each status of IRS, GPS, camera, magnetometer, acceleration sensors, ... is "asked" if they are operative. If one subsystem fails the process is halted. Unless you can programm the computer to skip a faulty subsystem there would be no cure to your problem. Only remedy might be to replace the electronics inside part by part until your breeze recovers or have this done by yuneec.

Reactions: Max Drone
Hey there airbone, thx for the reply. The part that is faulty is the circuit board with the 2 sensors( ir and the other one). The cost of this board is around 120$ and i dont think i will pay this amount for this drone that is anyway limited in range and without mechanical stabilization. I think the best solution it would be to find a way of deactivate them in the system and use the drone only based on gps. I don’t use it inside so during outside usage it will not give me altitude in the app and I’m fine with it.

Hi Andrei, as for deactivating IRS there are three points to consider:
  1. You would have to deactivate or remove the faulty hardware
  2. You would have to reprogram the initialization sequence in the firmware
  3. AFAIK the sensors are essential in the landing procedure for the last feet/inches above ground - indoors and outdoors likewise.
120 bucks in repair is a lot of money. Even then you would not know if other parts are failing. Taking the time in account that you would have to invest to manage points one and two of above list makes repair an even less financially sound option.
If I were in your position I'd either have a new breeze for around 170$ and keep the defective one for spares or upgrade to some other bird.
Sorry for having no better news for you.

No problem, I will try and see if I can reprogram in anyway the soft to ignore the signals from ips. The small camera for position is working so it will be useful to keep it there.

I already got a DJI spark, but i would like to fix this Yuneec Breeze also.

My last night. Fall down I had on 180 feet return home I press return home on 20% battery. And when high on a tree all battery went and falls. The legs came out I had no proper guard on but I flu back after the battery charge and flu just fine

No problem, I will try and see if I can reprogram in anyway the soft to ignore the signals from ips. The small camera for position is working so it will be useful to keep it there.

I already got a DJI spark, but i would like to fix this Yuneec Breeze also.
How do you like your Spark?

It is much better and the footage also. It is steady and better quality than the Breeze. The only downside is the flight time of around 10 min.

Andrei, if you or anyone else out there figures out a way to program/reprogram the breeze, please let us all know. I’ve got a breeze that at the present time is just a paper weight, and Yuneec customer service is the worst. It’s too bad too as I did love my Breeze. I did purchase another one on eBay and now I have the IRS issue as well. I’m thinking it could possibly be a firmware issue, but I have no clue. Wink

@Wink123 i haven't. I sold it for parts as anyway it was not a reliable drone. No even the picture/video quality was not impressive so it was not worth the effort. As i said i got a Spark at that time that i sold it a couple of weeks ago.
Spark is better but the low flight time and the fact that in sport mode the gimbal was not effective anymore made me to give up to Spark.
I'm currently planing on trying a DJI Mavic air, but i'm not sure if it is worth the ~800 euro asking price in Europe. I mean for what i'm using it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss