Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze and Android connection trouble

Dear DoomMeister,
I wanted to let you know I got my Breeze from a company called Banggood, a Chinese online retailer a few years back. You think from your previous thread might help (see pasted dialogue)? And , how to obtain the downloaded files you mention?

Many have had troubles connecting to the Breeze via WiFi. There are several reasons this can happen. the first and foremost is that the device being used is not compatible with the 5.8 GHz WiFi the Breeze requires. To check your device's WiFi capabilities see this thread Is my phone, tablet, or pad compatible with the Breeze?. The other reasons stem from mismatches between Breeze firmware and the device used to run the Breeze Cam app. It can be a forced OTA firmware update that happens due to a change in location (a Breeze with American firmware moved to Europe), a failed firmware update, or a change in device used to fly the Breeze. Whatever the reason the Breeze no longer can be connected to via WiFi so it can be flown.

If you cannot connect at all to the Breeze with your phone/tablet/pad, then you need to load the Uncompressed Firmware to your Breeze to reestablish connectivity. Once that is accomplished you can allow the firmware to be updated OTA (over the air) or load a firmware of your choice using a USB connection to your PC. NOTE: If you are downgrading your firmware due to a forced OTA update that rendered your Breeze useless, you must put your device in Airplane Mode when you are connected to the Breeze or the forced update will occur again.

Here is the link to my Google Drive where I have the files stored for your convenience as well as instructions to load them on the Breeze Breeze 4K Firmware - Google Drive.

Many thanks to the members in the following links for learning and sharing their knowledge on this forum.

Operating range and WiFi issues

Firmware Issues / Breeze WiFi fix / Tips

Are you still having trouble connecting even with the iPhone 5S?

When trying to connect do you always connect using the WiFi settings menu on the phone, then open Breeze Cam?

Loading firmware via USB is simple and safe as long as you follow the directions. If you ever load a firmware and do not get the green flashing Status LED, you can use the uncompressed firmware to restore WiFi functionality. If you are in Europe you can leave it with that firmware, but if in the America’s or Asia/Pacific you need to reflash to your regional version.

Dear DoomMeister ,
As this being a drone from Asia online store, and doing this what does this do the drone? Does it allow the drone to connect properly when the firmware is now in the US? Can you provide steps on how to use the 'compressed US firmware you mention? And, what is meant by refresh my regional version'? Also , I have not received my IPhone 5S yet, it will not be available till tomorrow.

Both uncompressed firmware files are European. They were released by Yuneec DE (Germany). The uncompressed firmware is for those that have an issue where the SSID is not broadcast, but the USB link is still functional. It should restore WiFi functionality. Install instructions for each group of firmware are included in that folder in a Word and plain text version.
You will want to end up with the American firmware v0.1.37A installed on your Breeze.

All control for the Breeze is via WiFi link with the phone/tablet that is running the Breeze Cam app. The firmware for the different regions only change the WiFi to comply with the communications standards there. The Breeze knows where you are from the phone communicating with the cell tower. Another good reason to place the phone in Airplane mode. That prevents the Breeze Cam app from connecting to any live Yuneec servers and initiating an OTA firmware update. Once you flash a firmware make sure you do a compass calibration before flying. The firmware flash clears the calibration parameters stored in the Breeze.

Last edited:
Both! I had tried to open the files and download them from the Google drive and it stated no file to open

Dear Doom Meister,
With all that I have provided with this drone, do you think one of its components maybe gone bad?

Download the files to your computer, then follow the directions to transfer the .bin firmware file to the root of the Breeze’s internal memory (not inside a folder).

Instructions for the compressed regional firmwares.

Installtion Instructions:

1. Download the firmware of your choice to your PC.

2. Connect the Breeze to the PC using the USB cable that came with your Breeze.

3. Power on the Breeze, it should show up on your computer as a Mass Storage Device or Removable Storage Device.

4. Transfer the firmware file to the Root (not inside a folder) of the Breeze's internal memory.

5. When the transfer is complete, remove the USB cable and restart the Breeze.

6. Place your phone in Airplane Mode then enable WiFi, then connect via WiFi, and open the Breeze Cam app.

7. Use the "burger" in the upper left to open the Settings menu, open 'i' About, then open Firmware Upgrade.

8. Breeze Cam will find the firmware on the Breeze and start the installation. At some point during the installation you may see a message that the Camera is being upgraded, DO NOT power off the Breeze until the Status LED in the arm near the Camera stops flashing Purple.

9. Power cycle the Breeze and connect via WiFi and perform the Compass calibration. This is a must after any firmware change before you take to the air.

Last edited:
Dear Doom Meister,
Thanks. Could you clarify what you mean by 'Transfer the firmware file to the Root (not inside a folder) of the Breeze's internal memory.'? Can you provide an example? And, as you seen my previous thread

Dear Doom Meister,
Thanks. Could you clarify what you mean by 'Transfer the firmware file to the Root (not inside a folder) of the Breeze's internal memory.'? Can you provide an example? And, as you seen my previous thread
And as you seen on my previous thread, do you think I maybe have a bad gps module or receiver board?

Since you get the rising tones on power up and red/green/blue on the Power LED that changes to flashing blue, it leads me to believe it is not a bad board. You have connected several times, but don’t get telemetry and that is something I was getting while using a WiFi repeater. I will get my Breeze out and take screen shots of my computer while I load firmware to it. It will be a few hours until I get a chance to do that.

How to access my Google Drive link for Breeze firmware:RtClkLinkOpenNewTab.png
Right click the link in the post shown here and open it in a new tab on your browser.

DblClkToOpenFolder.png
Double click the folder of the regional firmware you will be using to show the contents of the folder.

Right click your Desktop and create a new folder called Breeze Firmware.

RtClkSelectDL.png
Right click the firmware you want to download and select Download.

SaveToBreezeFirmwareFolder.png
Save the firmware to the folder you created in the last step. Repeat to download the instructions for doing the USB firmware update method. Read those instructions before proceeding to transfer the firmware to the Breeze.

You should have read the instructions so you will know how to proceed once you transfer the firmware to the Breeze. Attach the USB cable to the MicroUSB in the side of the Breeze, Power on the Breeze, and then connect the USB cable to your PC. The Breeze will be seen as an External Drive.

RtClkOpenNewWindow.png
Right click the detected Breeze USB Drive and open it in a new Window.

DragNDropToBreeze.png
Drag and Drop the firmware file onto the Root of the Breeze internal memory as shown. DO NOT place it inside of a folder.

Now follow the instructions you downloaded to finish the firmware update process.

Last edited:
Dear Doom Meister,
Are you sure the Breeze's app is available on the Apple store? I have not added my Iphone 5S to my current phone service. But, is it possible for you to provide a current or actual screen shot of the app?

976EBF58-33ED-4CB1-8073-2D90CAF3B481.png
If you are not going to use the 5S as a phone and are only going to use it with the Breeze, you do not need to add it to your cellular service plan. No need for a SIM card and just use WiFi for internet access when near an AP. That is actually a good thing as you don’t have to worry about getting called or texted while flying.

Were you able to flash the firmware successfully?

Dear Doom Meister,
I downloaded the app on the IPhone 5s, but I still get same issue when connecting with no telemetry as I did when I used my android tablet. However, I did see on the camera settings the option to reconfigure the drone. At least thats what I think it stated! Will that solve the issue I am having?

This is odd that you can connect but get no telemetry.

Do screen captures of connection to the Breeze in the WiFi settings.

Then start BreezeCam, tap the burger in the upper left, then select About. Make another screen capture.

Back out of that and select Tasks, Pilot Mode and take another screen capture.

please upload the captures you make.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneIndiaPestControl