Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze and Android connection trouble

Yes, the phone was set in airplane mode and then set to wifi while still on airplane mode.Did do the firmware upgrade on the other two drones withe abovementioned connections and they upgraded perfectly! Will try the other firmware on my drone and see if that will remedy it! Thanks for the link!

?
Accidentally hit reply while typing on my phone. The post is complete now.

Yes, the phone was set in airplane mode and then set to wifi while still on airplane mode.Did do the firmware upgrade on the other two drones withe abovementioned connections and they upgraded perfectly! Will try the other firmware on my drone and see if that will remedy it! Thanks for the link!

?
The other two drones worked fine straight off the bat when downloading the American Firmware. It is mine that doesn't show

That is good news on the other two.

Have you tried loading the uncompressed firmware to yours?

I see that the upgrade did not take place (the warning of not enough power). Did you have the phone in Airplane mode when connecting and trying to do the update? The lack of power message is the same as when trying to do the compass calibration with the phone not in airplane mode.

Since the firmware is not updating properly, I would suggest you download the Uncompressed firmware and install it on the Breeze. Here are direct links to the proper one and the instructions which are similar, but different than the steps for installing the regular firmware. firmware.bin and Use and Installation Instructions.txt

Have you attempted to connect with any of the other Breezes you purchased to see if they are working properly?
I did the firware.bin as per instructions but no purple lights emitted. After downloading it, and did not see the purple lights flash but the solid red to flashing red start. I shut the drone off and re-connected the drone back to my PC. I then started it up, and downloaded the 1.37 version and left it along with the uncompressed firmware and did the same procedure to upgrade it thru the app it stated insufficient battery power (basically, what I have been stating to you earlier). Do you think I may have a faulty GPS module or some component in the wifi board may not be working?

I think the WiFi board is functional, but having doubts about the M7 board at this point. I don’t like that the camera reports in, but the FC and ESC are not reporting their firmware. Is the camera still on that original version?

Are you comfortable working on small electronic assemblies like the Breeze?

I am fairly certain you have a problem with the M7 board. It is the one that contains the FC and ESC’s. You are connecting with the WiFi board and camera, but get no telemetry from the FC and the GPS, Compass, Flow sensor, and IR sensor as well as the motors and flight battery all connect at that board.

It is possible that there is just a poor connection between the M7 and A9 boards causing the problem. You can remove the bottom cover and remove the electronics and reseat all the connectors and it might a difference.

Did Banggood offer any type of exchange since this unit was nonfunctional on arrival?

Are you comfortable working on small electronic assemblies like the Breeze?

I am fairly certain you have a problem with the M7 board. It is the one that contains the FC and ESC’s. You are connecting with the WiFi board and camera, but get no telemetry from the FC and the GPS, Compass, Flow sensor, and IR sensor as well as the motors and flight battery all connect at that board.

It is possible that there is just a poor connection between the M7 and A9 boards causing the problem. You can remove the bottom cover and remove the electronics and reseat all the connectors and it might a difference.

Did Banggood offer any type of exchange since this unit was nonfunctional on arrival?
see it was purchased back in 2017 and I did not use it till now. So, no exchange or service can be done! That is the problem, I am not too comfortable to do that, that is why I inquired as to whether there is any repair facilities? Moreover, is it possible to provide photos as to where these boards connect on the breeze? Finally, I will provide photos of the camera version both on Android and IOS.

see it was purchased back in 2017 and I did not use it till now. So, no exchange or service can be done! That is the problem, I am not too comfortable to do that, that is why I inquired as to whether there is any repair facilities? Moreover, is it possible to provide photos as to where these boards connect on the breeze? Finally, I will provide photos of the camera version both on Android and IOS.
Here are the pics for both Android and IOS. The first two from your left (camera 0.9.25 (A)) is mine and the other two are from the two I will be selling.( However connection has been relatively quick than previous times after doing the firmware upgrade). Do let me know if or when you have pictures of the boards you state maybe the problem with mine.

Attachments

• 20201220_232432.jpg
    20201220_232432.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20201220_232650.jpg
    20201220_232650.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 20201220_233026.jpg
    20201220_233026.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 20201220_233125.jpg
    20201220_233125.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20201220_233514.jpg
    20201220_233514.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20201220_233603.jpg
    20201220_233603.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
I can walk you through disassembly tomorrow if you have the time.

The A9 WiFi board (WiFi, memory , and Ambarella vision processor).
E92BDB5A-15C5-412E-87F3-D6C356E84624.jpeg
C3B4F23C-6E67-4AE1-AB97-E8E397793D2D.jpeg

AD1DC133-88CC-40F0-BF6A-BDBF07BB2AF6.jpeg
The M7 board (Atmel FC, ESC’s)
432B5846-08AA-47B8-8EB5-BF6E3FDFFF43.jpeg

2419CA1C-F379-4727-B83B-726310A42D5D.jpeg
The wire harness from the A9 plugs into the M7 board at the white connector near Yuneec on the lower right. Power for the camera is in the upper middle.

View attachment 24125
View attachment 24124

View attachment 24126
View attachment 24127

View attachment 24128
The wire harness from the A9 plugs into the M7 board at the white connector near Yuneec on the lower right. Power for the camera is in the upper middle.
I checked on vertigodrones and they are pricey! Could you mention the connection point that the A9 and M7 meet as well as the power button you mention on the M7 board

View attachment 24125
View attachment 24124

View attachment 24126
View attachment 24127

View attachment 24128
Sure, you would have to post it (step by step). And, I would have to view it. Also, I would need to know what appropriate tools I would need to use.

You will need a small flat head screwdriver or similar to help open the bottom cover. Small metric hex head wrenches, a 00 Phillips screwdriver, and small needle nose pliers or forceps.

Last edited:
Took photos as I disassembled my Breeze. I am mostly finished with editing them and will put together a guide to take apart the Breeze. Hope to be done tomorrow evening.

Took photos as I disassembled my Breeze. I am mostly finished with editing them and will put together a guide to take apart the Breeze. Hope to be done tomorrow evening.
Great! Have had the chance to complete the guide?

Great! Have had the chance to complete the guide?
Most of the photos are edited and marked up. Will work on building a PDF with narrative today. When finished I’ll post it in the Breeze Help forum and place a link to it in this thread. In the making of the guide the only thing that was not removed from the body was the GPS unit. All was put back together and it flies fine.
There may be a new source for Breeze repair in the near future. There has been very limited availability for quite some time. Hopefully you won’t need it.

Most of the photos are edited and marked up. Will work on building a PDF with narrative today. When finished I’ll post it in the Breeze Help forum and place a link to it in this thread. In the making of the guide the only thing that was not removed from the body was the GPS unit. All was put back together and it flies fine.
There may be a new source for Breeze repair in the near future. There has been very limited availability for quite some time. Hopefully you won’t need it.
What will the title of the tread be?

Still working on the document. Microsoft Word is proving harder to use than I anticipated for layout. Hope to finish today. Patience please, secretarial work is not my forte. I am a technician and the forum is volunteer work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss