Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Fly Away

Reaction score
New to using this site but hoped to get any advice I could. With about 4 months of use of my breeze, I believe I had a fly away I seen reported. Flying this last weekend, I started to get a compass interference warning. Believing it was the area and possible the heavy construction equipment I was circling, I shut it down to see if that would clear the issue. No problem after that. The next day, I flew it 100’ out and 100’ up, to then loss WiFi signal. It started back to home, to then race up to what appeared max ceiling, then take off at a very fast pace off into the sunset. Got a geo fence warning though it failed to stop until it was out of site. Never seen it come down. Any chances the gps coordinates for this last flight is kept anywhere, possibly on my phone? Just grasping for straws as I have to come to the realization that mostly likely no way to track it down.

Yes there is. You download a cellphone app (Android File Transfer) to find the storage on your phone. I believe it was several crashlog files. Simply move the crash logs into a folder, compress them into a zip file (winzip) and forward it as an attachment to Yuneec Tech Support. I was told there was a real possibility I could find my fly-away Breeze. So far so good and waiting on interpretation. Its lat/long output would narrow search area down IF it is good data.

Good luck. I received a replacement drone in less than two weeks so I feel good about my similar experience. Now to get the new updated app to function consistently.
Semper Fi

JB

Last edited:
Wow. So many reports recently about the RTH of the Breeze going absurdly wrong... What concerns me is not the bit about it losing GPS or orientation, but the part where it starts flying at speeds not ever seen before. That seems to point to a major bug in the control logic. I am starting to worry that it will happen to me as well.

New to using this site but hoped to get any advice I could. With about 4 months of use of my breeze, I believe I had a fly away I seen reported. Flying this last weekend, I started to get a compass interference warning. Believing it was the area and possible the heavy construction equipment I was circling, I shut it down to see if that would clear the issue. No problem after that. The next day, I flew it 100’ out and 100’ up, to then loss WiFi signal. It started back to home, to then race up to what appeared max ceiling, then take off at a very fast pace off into the sunset. Got a geo fence warning though it failed to stop until it was out of site. Never seen it come down. Any chances the gps coordinates for this last flight is kept anywhere, possibly on my phone? Just grasping for straws as I have to come to the realization that mostly likely no way to track it down.

Likely not, if you said it took off even past the geo fence.. once the wifi connection is lost to your phone from the breeze there technically should be up until that moment gps coordinates in the log. but beyond that it could have kept flying till the battery was fully discharged you will never really know.

Yes there is. You download a cellphone app (Android File Transfer) to find the storage on your phone. I believe it was several crashlog files. Simply move the crash logs into a folder, compress them into a zip file (winzip) and forward it as an attachment to Yuneec Tech Support. I was told there was a real possibility I could find my fly-away Breeze. So far so good and waiting on interpretation. Its lat/long output would narrow search area down IF it is good data.

Good luck. I received a replacement drone in less than two weeks so I feel good about my similar experience. Now to get the new updated app to function consistently.
Semper Fi

JB

What "updated" app are you referring to? Breeze Cam hasn't been updated in over a year.

What "updated" app are you referring to? Breeze Cam hasn't been updated in over a year.
I received an update yesterday in the middle of trying to get app to see the wifi. No luck, but this came up after I had checked preflight! and flown one battery. Surprised me too but the worst part is now it won"t connect over half the time. It flew okay before update. Its maddening but it was after an update yesterday, Thursday, for real. I know I know...but it wouldn't let me fly till I did the update. Weird but true...

You are on the mark robbie2.

Breezy51, are you in the US or Europe?

I see from an earlier post you are using an Android device to run Breeze Cam. You will find things to work a little easier if you put the phone in airplane mode, then enable WiFi (and Bluetooth if you use the controller) when you fly the Breeze. This helps with connectivity problems and will prevent automatic (OTA) updates. The Android version of Breeze Cam doesn’t have the ability to Live Stream to Facebook or YouTube, so cellular access is basically useless except for firmware updates.

The next time you connect to the Breeze, use the Info page “i” to report your Client, Flying Control, ESC, and Camera versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Breezy51
Using an IPhone 8, will need to research how to pull the files. Thank you
I did hear that after iPhone 5s all was good so I don't understand iPhone issue. The "update" I received has the drone just NOT connecting. Going to make another telephone appointment. I highly recommend you follow suit. Good Luck!!
JB

You are on the mark robbie2.

Breezy51, are you in the US or Europe?

I see from an earlier post you are using an Android device to run Breeze Cam. You will find things to work a little easier if you put the phone in airplane mode, then enable WiFi (and Bluetooth if you use the controller) when you fly the Breeze. This helps with connectivity problems and will prevent automatic (OTA) updates. The Android version of Breeze Cam doesn’t have the ability to Live Stream to Facebook or YouTube, so cellular access is basically useless except for firmware updates.

The next time you connect to the Breeze, use the Info page “i” to report your Client, Flying Control, ESC, and Camera versions.
Rgr that will do Thank you...US sir

DoomMeister, having no luck in using iTunes to get to the flightlog file. Updating to 12.9 version in iTunes, hoping that is the issue as it was at 12.7.4.8.0. I had an scheduled appointment with Yuneec on Friday, they never called during the time. I have rescheduled for now 8 Oct at 12:25, hoping they actually call during this appointment. I tried to upload the flight logs to customer support via the app on the phone, it repeatedly states it fails to connect to the server. Is this normal business for Yuneec not to call during appointment times or the app upload to customer support not to work?

The link to the server for uploading FlightLog files has been defunct since before the first of the year 2018. You are the first to report not being called on a scheduled support call.

When you connect your phone to iTunes do you find the phone icon near the top left in iTunes?

When you select that icon you should find File Sharing in the left pane. Select File Sharing and a list of apps should appear in the right pane.

Select Breeze Cam in that list and the files and folders should appear to the right. Select FlightLog folder and use the slider on the right to scroll down to the Send To button. Use it to place a copy of FlightLog on your desktop.

The link to the server for uploading FlightLog files has been defunct since before the first of the year 2018. You are the first to report not being called on a scheduled support call.

When you connect your phone to iTunes do you find the phone icon near the top left in iTunes?

When you select that icon you should find File Sharing in the left pane. Select File Sharing and a list of apps should appear in the right pane.

Select Breeze Cam in that list and the files and folders should appear to the right. Select FlightLog folder and use the slider on the right to scroll down to the Send To button. Use it to place a copy of FlightLog on your desktop.
Got it finally. What is strange about the log, it has 10 flights on it only. Last being 8/26/2018. Since buying it 6/5/2018, I flew it nearly daily, with the purchase of 4 additional batteries, I fly it multiple times a week with 5 flights each evening. The flight log in the Breeze app shows the folder with a latest write date of 9/29/2018 at 8:06 AM. That would be my first flight that morning and last flight when it had the fly away issue. No flight recorded in the log for that flight nor the 5 flights the day before on 9/29/2018. Let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• Norbert Flight Log.zip
    97.1 KB · Views: 11
Happy to report, sent my flight logs in for Yuneec’s review, they are replacing my Breeze under the warranty after the fly away. I rarely used the controller and fly using 5 batteries with an iPhone 8plus, lots of flights never logged. My flight log only had 10 flights within it from random dates over the last 4 months.

I am glad you got a new drone. Problem with drones in general is that when they encounter a strong wind it is impossible to return to home at the altitude they are flying. I have thanked having a strong antenna on several drones so that I could drop altitude and fly home below the wind. If a drone was programmed to set altitude at the beginning of return to home and head home at that altitude only if it detected going in the right direction. Otherwise it should tilt forward ignoring altitude until it detects forward momentum then hold at the new altitude. This has always been successful with the drones I have flown and I have never needed a GPS retrieve.

RE: Problem with drones in general is that when they encounter a strong wind it is impossible to return to home at the altitude they are flying.

Can you elaborate on this Techtalktoll. Won't the drone (at least Yuneec drones) fly home at the altitude set in the RTH parameters and not the altitude the drone is flying at ? My assumption is that if the drone is at 30 meters and your RTH altitude is 20 meters, it should descend to 20 meters and then fly home. Likewise if it was at 10 meters, it should rise to 20 meters and then fly home.

RE: Problem with drones in general is that when they encounter a strong wind it is impossible to return to home at the altitude they are flying.

Can you elaborate on this Techtalktoll. Won't the drone (at least Yuneec drones) fly home at the altitude set in the RTH parameters and not the altitude the drone is flying at ? My assumption is that if the drone is at 30 meters and your RTH altitude is 20 meters, it should descend to 20 meters and then fly home. Likewise if it was at 10 meters, it should rise to 20 meters and then fly home.

Most Yuneec aircraft will rise to the set RTH height if below it before returning home, but if they are above that altitude will not descend before returning. The Breeze Manual doesn’t elaborate on the subject, but I suspect it follows in its predecessors footsteps.

Reactions: Wingman8209
Ya I can see that thinking about it some more. The purpose of the RTH height is to hopefully clear any obstacles on the way back. If you are already at or above that height then there's no need to do anything. Thanks for the clarification.

I set my RTH to about 20 feet above the tallest obstacle in the area I am flying. It gives a little latitude for guestimation errors on my part.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital