Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Buying props

I can say from experience that cheap props are not the way to go. I learned this lesson the hard way on an expensive mini quad that broke a prop mid flight and hit the ground hard. I had to replace bearings in three of the motors, replaced the flight controller, and destroyed a lipo. All because I went cheap on the props.

IMG_4295.JPG
As you can see I've damaged 3 props this morning a gust wins caught it on landing.
I'm just wondering if anyone used the props fro. China? Been looking on eBay and that are stupid cheap. Just cost me £35 for 6 new ones. EBay is about £10. But thought I'd ask if anyone used any before
bc87db39aef0b79a9bceb7fc9017a7cb.jpg
Don’t do it. I made that mistake and it almost cost me my H twice. I had 2 flights with these props and believe it or not. On both flights a prop blade broke of at the hub leaving just 1 blade on it. Vibrations were huge and caused very unstable behaviour and a tip over on both landings.

If you do have chinese props, check if they used enough material to mount the prop to the hub. In my case both of them broke because of weakpoints due to lack of material used. Picture shows the original yuneec prop at the bottom.

I now ordered the carbon maytech props to be sure I get strength.

But about the chinese cheap ones.DONT DO IT PLEASE!! Save yourself the agony.

Last edited:
I agree with gwhuntoon, Don't cheap out on the main item that keeps you flying.
I have broken 5 props since owning my H480, all due to my own fault (never fly low and fast around trees) I am now on the same set for over a year.
I use only Yuneec props and have had to balance each one. Some were pretty close, some were way off. I do not recommend carbon fiber props. While they have some advantages, they also do not break as easy, if you run into something and the prop does not break, all that energy is being transferred to the motor and arm.
Your the pilot, fly safe
Best of both worlds: strong carbon fiber props, but won't harm the motor/arm if they hit something. I use tri-blade folders. If it hits something, the blade just folds back, nothing damaged (except perhaps whatever was in the way).

Wanna try 4- and 5-blade...

Best of both worlds: strong carbon fiber props, but won't harm the motor/arm if they hit something. I use tri-blade folders. If it hits something, the blade just folds back, nothing damaged (except perhaps whatever was in the way).

Wanna try 4- and 5-blade...
Where did you find those? Or did you diy them?

Where did you find those? Or did you diy them?
I found on eBay. Search for "9443 carbon fiber folding". Can get in sets of 4 (dji), or pairs. I got two sets of 4, so I have a spare pair. Assembly can be tricky. See my closeup pics of assembled hubs in a maytech thread. ... and you'll want to at least rough-balance them.

Balancing folders can be tricky. Once you have them, use a postage or milligram scale to sort all the blades by weight. Keep each group of three as close to each other's weight as possible, and rough-balance by sanding the heavier ones in each group to bring them down to the lightest one's weight.

For maglev balancing, reverse the pivot screws so they can lock the blades, then maglev them. Return the pivot screws to normal when done.

/E - you'll need to trim a couple millimeters off each blade to keep the tips from touching. Dremel cutting disc, make a jig to keep it consistent. THEN balance...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430