Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bye bye Q500

Reaction score
i have had my Q500 for about 6 months. I have never had a problem until 3 weeks ago. I took my drone out on a perfect afternoon, no wind and Kp at 2. I was about 300 feet off the ground when suddenly the drone took off. I pulled hard back on the stick to bearly stop the drone and get it flying back. I had no control with the excepting of a slow down and slow back. Needless to say I was forced to crash land. I sent all the data to Yuneec and received no reply.
I didn't have the nerve to fly again until last week. I waited for the perfect day, Kp was 1 with 0 wind speed.
After a few minutes at 50 feet to ensure the drone was acting normally, I took it too 150 feet. And here we go again-the drone took off. With this low altitude I didn't have much time with haw fast the drone was going. Bit this time, I had no control. It flew off never to be seen again. I have searched and posted signs-no luck.
Why would I ever replace this drone with a Yuneec? Better yet, why would anyone buy a Yuneec with their history and poor support?

Wow... that's a bummer. I've flown four different models of Yuneec UAV's and never experienced anything like that. And have always had super customer support. I'm sorry your experience hasn't been the same. I certainly would have plugged the Q500 into the GUI after the first time it acted weird on me and probably would have done a compass and accelerometer calibration just to be sure. Sounds like you may have been in one of the smart modes: follow me... etc.?

There's a ton of data stored on the SD Card in the ST-10. There are people who can decipher it for you on here.

Thanks for the reply. I did do a compass and accelerometer cal after I completed repairs. When it flew off, I was in angular mode, and this is how I always fly. The reasons I pulled back, is because the nose was forward and heading away from me.

i have had my Q500 for about 6 months. I have never had a problem until 3 weeks ago. I took my drone out on a perfect afternoon, no wind and Kp at 2. I was about 300 feet off the ground when suddenly the drone took off. I pulled hard back on the stick to bearly stop the drone and get it flying back. I had no control with the excepting of a slow down and slow back. Needless to say I was forced to crash land. I sent all the data to Yuneec and received no reply.
I didn't have the nerve to fly again until last week. I waited for the perfect day, Kp was 1 with 0 wind speed.
After a few minutes at 50 feet to ensure the drone was acting normally, I took it too 150 feet. And here we go again-the drone took off. With this low altitude I didn't have much time with haw fast the drone was going. Bit this time, I had no control. It flew off never to be seen again. I have searched and posted signs-no luck.
Why would I ever replace this drone with a Yuneec? Better yet, why would anyone buy a Yuneec with their history and poor support?
Did you have a sd card in the ST10? I presume you did if you sent the telemetry to Yuneec. You can upload the files from the last 2 fights here by adding a .txt to the end of the file name. Also you should look at the telemetry to see the final GPS coordinates of the Q500. It may show you where it landed. If you don't know how to do that we can help you.

It doesn't do any good to send files to Yuneec unless you have called them first to get a ticket number. Then they will send you an email requesting the files.

That's a real bummer and sorry to hear about your flyaway.
Know now that all makers from time to time have reports of flyaways and it's not just a problem for Yuneec.
If you read on DJI boards you'll see the similar reports.
Customer Service... If you think Yuneec has a problem... try DJI's customer service.
Hope you can track down your Q and that CS has some answer's for you.
Good luck,
Jafo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy