Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 rubber dampers (gel filled)

a small silicone power cable, which is very flexible, solid and does not disturb the stabilization
View attachment 11256
@oliver would you elaborate on your solution? Do you have four of these rings, one on each side, or just one? Also, I do not completely understand how you made the rings? Is the purpose of the rings to keep the top and bottom from separating and having the camera fall from the H+? Sorry I am so dumb on this subject. Thank you! Barton

@Barton I have only one attachment, the goal is to avoid that the camera falls if one or more dampers were to yield (by shock, aging, etc.).
It is only a power cable with a silicone insulation (very flexible 20 AWG) of a length of 5/6 cm. It is denuded at both ends on 2 mm. I made a hole with the tip of the soldering iron on the 2 plastic supports (be careful, there are internal ribs to avoid). Then we pass the cable, we join the two ends, we solder them with tin, and we pass the weld inside for a better aesthetic.

Reactions: Barton
@Barton I have only one attachment, the goal is to avoid that the camera falls if one or more dampers were to yield (by shock, aging, etc.).
It is only a power cable with a silicone insulation (very flexible 20 AWG) of a length of 5/6 cm. It is denuded at both ends on 2 mm. I made a hole with the tip of the soldering iron on the 2 plastic supports (be careful, there are internal ribs to avoid). Then we pass the cable, we join the two ends, we solder them with tin, and we pass the weld inside for a better aesthetic.
@oliver Thank you, understood.

So what does Yuneec have to say on the subject? View attachment 11293This is my Plus right out of the box.

I just got my H+ the other day. Same thing right out of the box. They don't seem to be leaking, though. Would be curious to what others have to say.

Just pontification; if the gelatin or oil is hot to when injected into the dampeners to improve flow, any air trapped inside would heat up and expand. When the contents cooled it would cause the dampener to contract and create a void. If they function as they should I can’t see a problem outside cosmetics. Sort of like a beverage can with a dent in it. The contents are still good.

Last edited:
Haupfeaar,
Mine too...right out of the box. My last Plus I sent back for this and other reasons. I since ordered a second Plus and erceived it today. The dampers are stretched and seem ineffective. In the past, I contacted Chris over at Terrestrial Imaging about the dampers. His reply was..."Hi Craig. These are the only bushing available for your camera. They are gell filled and they do look funcky when the camera is hanging. I don’t know if any other option.
Chris" Your thoiughts? An y resolution to your problem of stretching dampers.
Craig

I just received my H Plus and observed that the camera rubber dampers are indeed gel filled (solld construction and no holes in center for a securing pin). Out of the box, the dampers were all stretched, collapsed inward, and I question their effectiveness. I intend to do a first flight today and will report on camera performance in the context of collapsed dampers - if it is shaky, wiggly, etc...

I questioned these at first as well but after talking to the Yuneec tech who said those are designed like that and to trust them I just kept going and so far the tech is right, they may look odd but they are working great.

They are filled with silicone. I placed an additional piece of foam in the backpack under the camera so the camera is supported without stretching the dampers.

Reactions: rdonson
I bought part number YUNCGO2GB101 as well as the YUNCGO3101 dampers.

IMG_1540913900.991336.jpg

I like the YUNCGO2GB101 much better.

I am no longer getting the involuntary left and right movement from the camera, when descending full throttle.

For 6 days, I flew it without a retainer and it held, but just for an extra piece of mind, I’ve added small size zip ties, and has been flying this setup.

IMG_8707.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1540913540.626536.jpg
    IMG_1540913540.626536.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
I am pleased to report I flew two batteries including 2 short runs in Sport mode and I see no jello. The dampers appear to be working perfectly and they are not deformed. Happy day for me.

Reactions: DCH and rdonson
I am pleased to report I flew two batteries including 2 short runs in Sport mode and I see no jello. The dampers appear to be working perfectly and they are not deformed. Happy day for me.

Try going down on a hard descend. With the stock
dampers, the camera moves right and left.

Reactions: cbecker125

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval