Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Calibration Issues / Compass Module Replacement

Reaction score
I am having a low success rate of calibrating my Breeze. To date, I have only successfully calibrated twice out of thirty attempts. I am not confident in those successes, however, as one occurred on a concrete patio approximately six feet from a metal table, and the other occurred indoors. Most of my unsuccessful calibration attempts have been in open areas away from buildings and power lines while facing North. Having said all that, the Breeze flies fine and I have absolutely no control issues.

When I contacted Yuneec support, the rep indicated it might be a Compass problem. A ticket was opened and a Return was authorized. However, because I could not produce the receipt for proof of purchase (I received the Breeze as a gift), I was told that I would have to pay for Shipping and possibly Repairs.

I found that I can purchase a replacement Compass Module for $7.99. A couple of questions.

- Has anyone replaced the Compass Module?
- What is the level of difficulty in replacing it?
- Does anyone know if detailed instructions exist for replacing the Compass Module?

Any input feedback is greatly appreciated as I fear the Yuneec Factory repair option will end up being very costly.

I am having a low success rate of calibrating my Breeze. To date, I have only successfully calibrated twice out of thirty attempts. I am not confident in those successes, however, as one occurred on a concrete patio approximately six feet from a metal table, and the other occurred indoors. Most of my unsuccessful calibration attempts have been in open areas away from buildings and power lines while facing North. Having said all that, the Breeze flies fine and I have absolutely no control issues.

When I contacted Yuneec support, the rep indicated it might be a Compass problem. A ticket was opened and a Return was authorized. However, because I could not produce the receipt for proof of purchase (I received the Breeze as a gift), I was told that I would have to pay for Shipping and possibly Repairs.

I found that I can purchase a replacement Compass Module for $7.99. A couple of questions.

- Has anyone replaced the Compass Module?
- What is the level of difficulty in replacing it?
- Does anyone know if detailed instructions exist for replacing the Compass Module?

Any input feedback is greatly appreciated as I fear the Yuneec Factory repair option will end up being very costly.
Generally any of the modules are fairly easy to replace on Yuneec products with the exception of the ESC's, Motors and Main Board. Those require some solder skills.
I have found Yuneec's repair costs to be very reasonable. I would also expect they would repair it under warranty even without a receipt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone