Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Calibration problems

Reaction score
Hi
I have installed a new camera, since my old got busted and was "unrepairable".
I installed this and I have since updated to newest firmware ( from 0ct. see attached picture).
The problem is that the new software worked, I could toggle the LEDs, and calibrate and all.....
I took it out today for at spin, and now I cannot calibrate either Compass, gimbal or sensors.

When I press calibrate gimbal the confirmation box comes up, but nothing happens when pressing "ok", except box closes, the drone is totally unaffected.
When trying to calibrate the compass, (in smart mode and angle mode) nothing happens at all.
When pressing LED switch...nothing happens at all.

I have tried updating the firmware again, with a new download, and started with a NEW model....but still "no cigar".
I have SD cards installed in both the camera and the ST-16, but i´m stuck for solutions.

I can´t find any "error files".....it just dosn´t work.

I have attached a picture of my firmware settings.
SO....WHAT TO DO ??

Support ...Anyone ??
20161112_161136.jpg

a shot in the dark here ... but ... did you re-bind both the camera and the H to the ST16 ?? Did you reboot after each update ?? Some have forgotten to reboot and it does make a big difference.

Likely some small step in the firmware upgrade did not take or was performed incorrectly.

Install the upgrade again, this time starting out with clearing the data in the ST-16. Follow Yuneec's instructions exactly. Remove any SD card that is not being used for the upgrade, and format the card used for the upgrade before loading it onto the card. Absolutely nothing else can be on the card when performing an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely some small step in the firmware upgrade did not take or was performed incorrectly.

Install the upgrade again, this time starting out with clearing the data in the ST-16. Follow Yuneec's instructions exactly. Remove any SD card that is not being used for the upgrade, and format the card used for the upgrade before loading it onto the card. Absolutely nothing else can be on the card when performing an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great advice, its firmware after all and all updates can brick any updatable device --

Adding the extra steps we have learned along the way and the newest Yuneec video (very smart call on deleting the APP data) should give you a smooth update -- Lots of post about updates maybe too many, maybe they need to be deleted and only the current ones left maybe in a special area! Good luck --

Reactions: Morten
Hi Guys
Thanks a bunch for all your good advices.
We have solved the problem together.

I cleared the "models" and made a new model and bound this, I upgraded upgraded the camera software and the problem was solved.

In some strange way, I could fly and control the copter ( and see telemetry such as battery) without upgrading the software for the camera, with the old model.

When I was bound to the new copter model, it told me to upgrade the camera software (it was a new camera), I did so and now all functions work....strange but as you say, something must be gone wrong between the upgrade and the installment of the new camera.

So, thanks guys !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval