Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Calling dibs on the first 520 help post

Reaction score
Rayray, I call dibs on the first post in 520 help (for good reason). I am guessing very shortly this is going to fill up with questions, comments and users asking for help with their H520s.

Someone had to start the thread going.

Reactions: Murray Martz
Rayray, I call dibs on the first post in 520 help (for good reason). I am guessing very shortly this is going to fill up with questions, comments and users asking for help with their H520s.

Someone had to start the thread going.

Okay, first serious question. (I hate to think I know the answer as it took months for someone to start 3D printing the last lot))
If anyone knows will I be needing to look for a battery plug cable to connect batteries to my HiTech X4 or will the H480 charge and balance leads fit the new batteries?

There are many chargers that although they do not have the functionality of being able to charge LIHV batteries, they do allow you to manually modify the maximum charge of LIPO batteries per cell. The 4.2V limit stop per cell is raised to 4.35V. Some stay at a maximum of 4.30. It is a matter of investigating the charger each one has and thus avoiding having to buy another charger. The problem comes later when we want to charge a battery LIPO, you have to lower the voltage or we will explode the battery.

DANGER!!!!!!!, NEVER CHARGE A LIPO BATTERY TO MORE THAN 4.2V PER CELL. EXPLOSION HAZARD.

The balance charger ports on the 520 battery do not line up with the 480 balance charger contacts. You will need a different balance port to charger adapter to use the 520 with any other charger. This also means the 480 desktop charger that came with the TH doesn't work with the 520 batteries.

You will need a different balance port to charger adapter
Thank you for the correction. I presume that would also mean the battery for the H will not work in the 520? Looks like a different locking scheme.

The only change to the physical connectors is the balance port connectors. Everything else is very very similar.
e0f1a95e581cd1ec4455dffcccf4ebc7.jpg

So in an emergency, the H battery will work or does the 520 have connections for the balancing ports?

Battery, battery, now the reason for the high battery price becomes clearer. LIHV aka "High-voltage LIPO". Nominal (storage) 15.2-15.4 volts, full charge voltage 17.4.

H520-TH Chargers.jpg H520Battery.jpg H520BatteryVoltage.jpg

Well timed, starting this up
Any recommendations on After market hub charger for the new battery?
Also hard case options for 520?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval