Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

camera E90

Just a thought. That last lot of upgrades loaded firmware for the airframe, Data pilot as well as my C90 's and the E10T plus the relevant gimbals.

One of the C90's had problems and had to be reflashed (it didn't pan) using THE SD card.

I would retry the camera firmware updates again by way of SD card.
Do you have complete file sets from update versions prior to the current version?

messages d'erreur

Attachments

• 20210116_145526_Moment(2).jpg
    20210116_145526_Moment(2).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20210116_145526_Moment(3).jpg
    20210116_145526_Moment(3).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210116_145526_Moment(4).jpg
    20210116_145526_Moment(4).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210116_145526_Moment(5).jpg
    20210116_145526_Moment(5).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210116_145526_Moment(6).jpg
    20210116_145526_Moment(6).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210116_145526_Moment.jpg
    20210116_145526_Moment.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
ok so error messages this is normal just wait longer and it disappears
on the other hand my camera that makes its own it is not normal, it turns on itself or vibrates or it relaxes as if the camera is not connected

ok so error messages this is normal just wait longer and it disappears
on the other hand my camera that makes its own it is not normal, it turns on itself or vibrates or it relaxes as if the camera is not connected
I hope it is normal. We do not have much history on these issues yet. And there is something different between your camera and mine we have not yet identified. If the errors do not go away after GPS has had a good chance to locate itself, we will need to consider these as a problem also.

The camera movement is a problem for certain.

thank you for your answer,
tomorrow I will try to put the CGOET camera ( which is also up to date )on the same drone and I will see what happens.
good night or day I don’t know but for me it’s night
I’ll get back to you as soon as I can

I hope it is normal. We do not have much history on these issues yet
Hello,
the same here. Tested new FWs with H520 and E90 today. At first the "Compas #0 uncalibrated" Message came. After successfully calibrating the now three sensor devices (compass, accelerometer and the new gyroscope) the first flight with taking off in "Angle mode" caused the H520 to turn by itself toward me and also made some unintended banks. I switched to "Manual mode" and got the bird back under control and landed it.
The second flight (warm start) was o.k.. After restarting/rebooting the AC and the RC (cold start with all sensors indicating green) the problems in "Angel mode" reoccurred and the drone turned/banked and drifted by itself toward a tree so I again had to react quite fast: the H520 definitely headed and banked "out of control" while hunting obviously faulty compass/GPS signal conditions. (there was no to little wind, space weather was K1, OAT +1°C)

I tried it a third time and the problem reoccurred. I also noticed some climb/descend anomalies (somewhat counter reacting to my RC thrust stick inputs) as if there would now exist a disagreeing barometric and GPS altitude (Vertical POS drift?) problem.
It was a bit cold outside, but above minimum operating temperature. Maybe calibrating in the cold weather causes problems in flight. Nevertheless the "new" warnings "GPS-vertical-drift-too-high" and "GPS-horizontal-drift-too-high" also occur at room temperatures after calibrating indoor at about +22°C. Here are some screenshots of today:

Screenshot_2021-01-16-12-54-06-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-16-00-13-39-GPS-compass#0-uncalibrated.jpgScreenshot_2021-01-16-00-13-39-GPS-vertical-drift-too-high.jpg

Thanks for posting your findings @vr-pilot. There is definitely a problem with the present update for the H520 from Yuneec, at least for some owners. You are the ninth we know of so far.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your findings @vr-pilot. There is definitely a problem with the present update for the H520 from Yuneec, at least for some owners. You are the ninth we know of so far.
A friend of mine tested the new FWs with his H520/E90 some days ago and he seemed to be quite happy. I will call him tomorrow and aks him about if and how he did e.g. calibrations etc.
Maybe he might refly (under precaution in wide open space) some tests to rule out the problems for his bird at least.
You may be totally right that some birds (again) react different than others...
I write back here asap...

Reactions: WTFDproject
Hi WTFS.

I have a full set of firmware files from 2018 that I use when I strike a firmware problem. I have had to reset things a number of times over the years.

Hi WTFS.

I have a full set of firmware files from 2018 that I use when I strike a firmware problem. I have had to reset things a number of times over the years.
It would be GREAT to have a full set. I think the full set is too large to upload to the Forum. Can you upload them to a DropBox or similar? Or I can create an empty DropBox and send you a link via email if you will send me your email address via PM message.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
Hello,
the same here.
This is great information. And comparing the different experiences folks are having may lead to some sort of conclusion. Mine only displays the "vertical drift" message, and it goes away pretty quickly. But I notice it will allow me to start motors while the message is still on screen. I have not tried to lift off with the message on screen.
Do the messages clear by themselves on your machine? Were they all clear when the flight anomalies occurred?

This is great information. And comparing the different experiences folks are having may lead to some sort of conclusion. Mine only displays the "vertical drift" message, and it goes away pretty quickly. But I notice it will allow me to start motors while the message is still on screen. I have not tried to lift off with the message on screen.
Do the messages clear by themselves on your machine? Were they all clear when the flight anomalies occurred?
Hi there,

I just had the phone call with my friend and he simply didn't do any calibrations prior to his test flights. He can not remember any message like "Compass #0 uncalibrated", "GPS horizontal drift too high" or "GPS vertical drift too high" or "GPS speed accuracy too low". His three flights all went (quote) "very well" and I would call him an experienced flyer/pilot.
In Germany there is a saying that goes like "The luck is with the stupid". ;-) So everyone who does not know that it is actually mandatory to update the FW, or simply forgets it or is just too lazy to do so seems to be on the lucky side...
Regarding your question: The error messages dissapear by themselves after a few seconds. I did not take off with one off the displayed messages. I had some trouble with the first compass calibration, but it seemed to be successful after the second run. Than I did the new Gyro calibration (leaving the bird standing on the floor) and its status afterwards was displayed as "green", although the shown icon seemed strange to me and was similar to one of the compass calibration symbols with the bird looking at 315° up left (why so?). Than I did the Accelerometer calibration which went normal as usual in the first run.
IIRC the message "Compass #0 uncalibrated" then nervertheless came up and forced me to (re-) calibrate (again) before being able to take off. So I only did the compass calibration again and soon after the first take off in Angle mode the problems wtih uncontrolled turns and banks began... (taking over control in Manual mode was possible)

Hi there,

I just had the phone call with my friend and he simply didn't do any calibrations prior to his test flights. He can not remember any message like "Compass #0 uncalibrated", "GPS horizontal drift too high" or "GPS vertical drift too high" or "GPS speed accuracy too low". His three flights all went (quote) "very well" and I would call him an experienced flyer/pilot.
In Germany there is a saying that goes like "The luck is with the stupid". ;-) So everyone who does not know that it is actually mandatory to update the FW, or simply forgets it or is just too lazy to do so seems to be on the lucky side...
Regarding your question: The error messages dissapear by themselves after a few seconds. I did not take off with one off the displayed messages. I had some trouble with the first compass calibration, but it seemed to be successful after the second run. Than I did the new Gyro calibration (leaving the bird standing on the floor) and its status afterwards was displayed as "green", although the shown icon seemed strange to me and was similar to one of the compass calibration symbols with the bird looking at 315° up left (why so?). Than I did the Accelerometer calibration which went normal as usual in the first run.
IIRC the message "Compass #0 uncalibrated" then nervertheless came up and forced me to (re-) calibrate (again) before being able to take off. So I only did the compass calibration again and soon after the first take off in Angle mode the problems wtih uncontrolled turns and banks began... (taking over control in Manual mode was possible)
This could be important. I will send you a PM. If I can get a copy to the files you used for the SD card update, I will load them on an H520. It may give us a clue for why more of the issues seem to be occurring with EU updates.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hello,
last update ( ok )
I still have the same problem!
camera E90 does its cycle well on startup, flashes green and fits well.
I turn the E90 to the right but go a little to the left and then go to the right!
Don’t respond to my demands!
After 2 minutes be the E90 disconnects, turns around pretty fast or starts vibrating!
I no longer have an alarm problem.
I also tried with the CGOET camera and it works well, no problem ( ok )

I also tried with the CGOET camera and it works well, no problem ( ok )
filip,
Racontez-nous un peu plus l'histoire avec le CGoET. Ai-je raison de dire qu'il avait les mêmes problèmes que l'E90 lors de votre première mise à jour ? Si oui, qu'avez-vous fait pour corriger les problèmes ?

Lorsque je reçois les fichiers 2018 de @Gadget2628, j'ai une autre idée qui pourrait m'aider avec le E90.

Tell us more of the story with the CGoET. Am I correct that it had the same problems as the E90 when you first updated? If so, what did you do that corrected the problems?

When I get the 2018 files from @Gadget2628, I have another thought that may help with the E90.

Drone #1 + E90
- update drone and camera ok
- no alarm after gyroscope compass calibration
accelerometer ok
- start-up of the drone the camera is positioned normally
- E90 does not respond too much to my requests and disconnects, cuts or
runs in circles after 2 minutes
Drone N°2 + CGOET
- update drone and camera ok
- Before calibrating gyroscope compasses and accelerometer the CGOET stopped after 2 minutes
- after calibration everything is returned in order, drone and camera ok
Drone N°1 + CGOET
- drone and camera works fine ok
Drone #2 + E90
- drone ok
- camera responds better to my requests but is cut after 2 minutes ( does not go around in circles as with drone N°1 and does not vibrate )
I’ve done nothing but calibrate the drones outside

Reactions: WTFDproject
I just did the upgrade to my 520 (with the E90 camera) After a few fits and starts the upgrade finished, and wanted a reboot. However now the camera will not connect to the ST16, will not see it. The little light on the camera is red. Can you explain to me how to flash the upgrade off an SD card, please. I did try to reinstall the update as mentioned above, but the camera wont connect
Thanks

Hi Tony. The prognosis is not real good on this round of update failures. A couple of guys have tried loading the firmware from SD cards, but no one has had complete recovery. At least two guys have sent their cameras to Yuneec Germany. There is a post on the forum reporting Yuneec Germany will "soon" issue a corrective update, but no deadline date or details was provided.

If you want to try the SD card update version before sending it to a service center, the full guidance, including a link to the firmware, can be found in Attachment 31 (E90/H520 SD Card Firmware Upgrade) of the PDF document attached to "Way To Fix Drones project. If reload of the standard current firmware does not help, we can pursue it a little further.

WTF...AFter doing the upgrade with the card, and continually getting red flashing lights on the camera, I turned it off and let it sit awhile (had some dinner). Then I unmounted the camera, put it back on the bird. Booted up the ST16 and it connected fine. Ran through the Yuneec update on the controller and everything is up to date. I am getting a message about "GPS Horizontal Pos Drift" but Im going to guess that will resolve after I recalibrate everything.
I'll test it tomorrow and let you know.
It would be good to have a very clear way to reset all the firmware to a certain date. Its very scary when a simple software update can make a piece of working hardware (I use it for work) unusable.
THanks for all your help, seems like a lot of people are having this issue

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy