Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

camera image shakes (video encl.)

I am cleaning house on this thread to keep it on topic. The side trips may be fun but it hijacks the thread from the author. This is an important thread for those who have or will deal with this camera issue. We shouldn't expect them to sort through a lot of off-topic comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: JANG
It looks like there is more than gimbal shake going on here. Is this from the SD card in the camera? What SD card are you using with the C23? Some are not compatible and give strange results to video. Did you apply the gimbal file Steve Carr uploaded after updating to the 20190909 camera file? if you applied Steve's gimbal file before updating the camera, the camera update would have overwritten it.

That looks like jello to me.
It was more than jello. The focus was out for most of the 7 second video. It looked more like the video feed to the ST-16S, than from the SD card.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I am cleaning house on this thread to keep it on topic. The side trips may be fun but it hijacks the thread from the author. This is an important thread for those who have or will deal with this camera issue. We shouldn't expect them to sort through a lot of off-topic comments.
Hello Steve,

Just curious to know if this gimbal update is specific to the camera firmware version updates? or it doesnt matter about the camera FW version?

That looks like jello to me. Yeah, like a huge helping of Jello, with some lousy focus on top!
You both may be right. ...I know, hard to believe right? like what are the odds?
But seriously, I agree with you both and we all may be right. But before we discount the gimbal completely, I would like to add that when the C23 is really buzzing and shaking violently it will create jello.

If @JANG is certain his gimbal has stopped buzzing, and since Jello is frequently cause by dampers, I would suggest you carefully inspect your dampers and make sure they are all secure top and bottom and none are leaking.

It was more than jello. The focus was out for most of the 7 second video. It looked more like the video feed to the ST-16S, than from the SD card.
The video recording on the ST16 is not that good so this comes from the camera. Look at the clip again and run it at 0.5 or 0.25 speed and you can clearly see it is jello.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hello Steve,

Just curious to know if this gimbal update is specific to the camera firmware version updates? or it doesnt matter about the camera FW version?
The camera firmware version doesn't matter. This is for any C23/E90 camera.

I installed camera 20190909 version, Then I installed again Steve Carr gimbal.yuneec version. Thanks again.

Today tests: quite windy and cloudy day. Wind guest was oven 50kmh.

It looks like vibrations (jello) disappeared.
If drone are just hovering (over 150m altitude there was a really wind) the video recording looks very stable.
This is quite satisfy me.

But, when I tried to fly in straight line, no matter if it was forward, backward, or side to side,
the video image (camera) was not kept straight all the time. Every few seconds it changed angle slightly and stay in this position.

I suppose I have to look closer of my dampers (as DCH said)
It looks like my drone stayed in magazine for a longer time in one side position, and dampers are distorted.

I have only 2 new spared dampers. WIll change and observe if it will help.

BTW. Which are dampers the best? I see two kinds: closed and pumped, and others are opened.
Someone on youtube shown putting some sponges inside of dampers to improve. Is it worth?

Thanks for all for comments and suggestion.

I will share here today's videos, but a little later

Reactions: Steve Carr
Here is the video footage I have mentioned previously.
I am pretty sure I have touched only one joystick, just to move to the left in straight line.
You see the camera has no kept straight.

I don't want to look like I am annoyed.
Only I also use another vendor drones with none of such problems, in similar conditions of weather.

Last edited:
Here is the video footage I have mentioned previously.
I am pretty sure I have touched only one joystick, just to move to the left in straight line.
You see the camera has no kept straight.

I don't want to look like I am annoyed.
Only I also use another vendor drones with none of such problems, in similar conditions of weather.

Perhaps the only true way to analyze your flights, to determine if you indeed did or did not inadvertently give yaw input, or any other input that affects camera position, is to review the flight logs.

All control inputs are recorded, right?

Dirty or flaky controls, inadvertent inputs, et al must be ruled out before any definitive conclusions can be made regarding any fix.

Just sayin’

Jeff

Is it normal looks like?
Dampers are "close" type, keep air pressure inside.

ytd.jpg

Last edited:
The yaw motor may not be holding position. You should test this at low altitude so you can see what the camera is doing.
Are both camera switches forward?

Sorry Steve Carr, nothing is better.

This is today's video with both switchers forward.
I have not touching anything on ST16, except the right joystick was pulled down.

I started to lose my patience.

With both switches in the middle, the camera pan knob might be causing the problem.
Test it again with both switches forward.

I started to talk with European Yuneec service.
They asked for invoice and serial numbers, I answered.

I sent drone to European Yuneec service on their request "we have to touch this drone".
They sent it back next day with nothing changed and said "we cannot do anything because the source of drone is not confirmed".
That's result at all.

So I am back with camera video recording issue with myself.

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval