Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera not going to horizon on initialization or can go up under control.

Reaction score
was simply checking things indoor, had rear outward of H, had forgot the cam cover, remembered maybe 15sec after power up of H, gymbal moves fine, did a gymbal calibration went thru motions 'think' it went to horiz but not sure.

last indoor check 1 wk ago, all was perfect.

so now the cam goes to ~45 down position @ init, will go down fully but not up fully, BUT if i really push on the control for UP, it will go up to horiz, BUT only as long as I push really hard - way too hard.

went to self tests on st16 and that control has good ohmic range values, same as speed range - but when i press really hard like above - it goes down to ~350 ohms which is normally down i think vs 4k for normal up.

tried turning both st16 and H on/off a few times, same.

any one have a fix or a way to recalibrate things OR ...?

TIA !!

They sypmtoms you describe sound very much like the results of doing a "secret menu" ST16 calibration using one of the incorrect You Tube videos out there. (There are dozens of incorrect, and only two that are correct.)

So, the first question would be "Have you done a "Secret Menu" ST16 calibration lately?

If not, is there ANY history between the last time it worked correctly, and now?

Last edited:
Check the gimbal control lever in the Hardware Monitor - don't start re calibrating things just yet. If it worked a week ago but doesn't now this is not indicative of a software issue but rather a hardware issue.

Reactions: WTFDproject
@Ty Pilot's post is very correct, and shows me that my post could easily be misinterpreted. I was asking if you had already done a secret menu calibration, NOT recommending you should do one. You most certainly DO NOT want to mess with that calibration at this point.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
They sypmtoms you describe sound very much like the results of doing a "secret menu" ST16 calibration using one of the incorrect You Tube videos out there. (There are dozens of incorrect, and only two that are correct.)

So, the first question would be "Have you done a "Secret Menu" ST16 calibration lately?

If not, has is there ANY history between the last time it worked correctly, and now?
Cant the gimbal get damaged by leaving the cover on, even 15 seconds ? I'm sure I've read that on here.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Cant the gimbal get damaged by leaving the cover on, even 15 seconds ? I'm sure I've read that on here.

Not if the gimbal was fully healthy, but stranger things have failed with less incentive. It is obviously not good for the system, but should not normally cause much stress. The gimbal cover holds the camera in pretty close to the same alignment the gimbal wants to be in anyway. It is one of the things to look at, but there are a couple control issues to look at first. We can give good recommendations for process and control issues. Actual damage issues tend to wind up as "send it for repair", and we would like to avoid that.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN

I can confirm (at least with my Typhoon H and Plus) that leaving the gimbal guard on accidentally did not have a lasting effect. I did it twice with the 480, until I painted the guard, and once on the Plus where it was left on for about ten minutes while in the shop.

I can confirm (at least with my Typhoon H and Plus) that leaving the gimbal guard on accidentally did not have a lasting effect. I did it twice with the 480, until I painted the guard, and once on the Plus where it was left on for about ten minutes while in the shop.

I remember leaving mine one time, so I put a long flag like plastic tail on it.
(Red in color)

went to self tests on st16
That screen would only be found in the ST16 calibration. So if you entered that menu and did not complete it correctly your ST16 slider has been compromised.

Members have asked if you were in the calibration menu and you have not answered. The most important question, at this point, do you want assistance in fixing the problem and can you provide explicit answers to questions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop