Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera not saving

Reaction score
Had 4 flights today. 2 in the am, then took a break charged batteries and then 2 more in the pm. When reviewing video and photos from am flights, realized nothing from first battery was saved. Figured it was operator error, but copied everything off the card and then reformatted it. After evening flights found exact same thing. Reviewed video from controller and found it was not operator error. Anyone ever heard of that before? In summary, nothing saved from first of two batteries.

Yes, (of course in hind sight I'm full of self doubt).
But my routine includes ending video. And one video I know I ended in flight to do a pano. Pano is there, but videos are not.
Could it be because they were longer than 5 minutes?
(Although I have 12 & 7 minute videos from second battery flights that are there....)
So frustrating. It was an amazing flight, perfect sunset on the cliffs...

Depending on the card you have, 5 minutes is nothing, all video is captured in 5 minute increments.
I had a Samsung micro card 32gb, it was giving me problems and finally gave out.
Try a new or another card, then try the card that you have been using during the same flight/flights.

Ok thanks. Just did some testing on the ground with different cards, swapping batteries, power on/off cycles. Things seem to work fine now. (Of course that's how Gremlins work). Sure wish I could also figure out the dates on the video/photos. One says 1969.

Had 4 flights today. 2 in the am, then took a break charged batteries and then 2 more in the pm. When reviewing video and photos from am flights, realized nothing from first battery was saved. Figured it was operator error, but copied everything off the card and then reformatted it. After evening flights found exact same thing. Reviewed video from controller and found it was not operator error. Anyone ever heard of that before? In summary, nothing saved from first of two batteries.
did you by chance view the low res videos in your ground station to see if the camera was working at all...

Yes, good question. After first flight I assumed it was my bad, but after second, compared controller and camera versions and found controller matched what I expected, and camera missing videos.

Even though I was going back and forth viewing the screen and the camera,? Yesterday I was out flying practicing maneuvers with the Steady Drive, about 9 minutes into flight I realized I accidentally turned it off, or did I even turn it on?o_O

Things working today... But still the first power on cycle, the video metadata has a date of 11/30/2013. Then on second power on the time & date is correct with correction for time zone and DST.

Reactions: AH-1G
Make sure you are using a card with a "3 inside a U shaped character.

The UHS speed should be 3 according to the user's manual. Other cards may work but I use a PNY card, picked it up from Walmart for $20 or so. I formatted it while it was inserted in the drone via software. Screenshot_20190516-210049_Chrome.jpeg1558065808415.jpeg

I am getting the 11/30/2013 files too. Usually on my second flight done the same day. It happens to the next set of files after powering down the controller between flights. I am using SanDisk Extreme card that has the 3 in the buckect V30 XC 1 A2 card. It does it on my 64GB card and the 128GB. Its happened 4 times now. I am submitting a bug report to them.

Last edited:
I am getting the 11/30/2013 files too. Usually on my second flight done the same day. It happens to the next set of files after powering down the controller between flights. I am using SanDisk Extreme card that has the 3 in the buckect V30 XC 1 A2 card. It does it on my 64GB card and the 128GB. Its happened 4 times now. I am submitting a bug report to them.
It sure makes organization a challenge. I would love to hear how the pros here sort and organize their files. I was on a trip last week and had about 7 flights worth of video and pics. Took me close to 3 hours just to move and organize to the computer. Now for the editing :)

It sure makes organization a challenge. I would love to hear how the pros here sort and organize their files.....

I let Lightroom do it. All of my images are managed by Adobe Lightroom and stored in my Adobe Creative Cloud account, currently 1Tb.

I really don’t care what the Typhoons name the images. I initially stage my images in an Import folder on my desktop to do a quick and dirty cull. The remaining images are imported into Lightroom. During this process, each image gets a metadata makeover, inserting lots of information like copyright, business name, etc....plus Lightroom renames the images and stores them in a folder it creates by date. I then go through those images with a more critical eye, deleting unacceptable images. I’m ruthless. If I don’t want to use it or see a need, it’s gone. None of the “maybe I’ll use it someday”. Gone. These final images are then sync’d to the cloud and added to Collections. I do all my work in Collections, creating virtuals and finishing those instead of the original. When I’m done i’ll Export the finished image, in whatever format, resolution or size for the intended use.

I have a separate 1T external hard drive. Size of a mans wallet.
I'm not a cloud storage fan.?

Last edited:
I have a separate 1T external hard drive. Size of a mans wallet.
I'm note a cloud storage fan.?
I don't like cloud either.

What I do is move my video and stills to my computer after each flight day from the card into an 'import' directory which has a name that is essentially the date of the flight then immediately create a back-up copy in another directory. Then I do any of my post production work from that back-up directory copying the results back to the original 'Import' directory. Then I copy the 'Import' directory to my external hard-drive (2 TB) and delete the files in the back-up directory. Thus I have two directories for that day's images, one on my external hard drive and one in my computer. For the directories on my computer that only contain stuff acquired through recreational flights I will delete at the end of a calendar month leaving the directory on my external hard drive well alone. For stuff acquired through commercial operations I do not delete from my computer leaving me with two copies.

These directories are sub directories of several 'parent' directories containing that year's images. For example, all stuff captured in 2018, say, will be in a directory named '2018', etc. There are two of these sets of directories, one for my Phantom and one for my TH.

So it looks like this:
YTH
P
BACKUP
Import
[directory named for the date of the flight, example '23May19 YTH']

Long winded but it works for me.:eek:

Thanks all for the guidance! Fred, does Lightroom work for video also? I had been organizing manually, then using premier pro for editing

Thanks all for the guidance! Fred, does Lightroom work for video also? I had been organizing manually, then using premier pro for editing

It’s supposed to have some limited ability but I have not yet tried it. Working with video is still new territory for me and I’ve been using iMovie, or outsourcing. My current skill level is not higher than iMovie yet.

I’m going to replace my aging, 2009 17” MacBook Pro with a new 8 core i9 based 15” MacBook Pro, just released. I’m looking at either Final Cut or Premiere.....if you’re already using Premiere it’d probably be a waste of time messing with Lightroom....it’s really for stills.....

It’s supposed to have some limited ability but I have not yet tried it. Working with video is still new territory for me and I’ve been using iMovie, or outsourcing. My current skill level is not higher than iMovie yet.

I’m going to replace my aging, 2009 17” MacBook Pro with a new 8 core i9 based 15” MacBook Pro, just released. I’m looking at either Final Cut or Premiere.....if you’re already using Premiere it’d probably be a waste of time messing with Lightroom....it’s really for stills.....
I I save all my video files in my default pictures folders with Lightroom when I import.

Reactions: Trav H

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig