Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can anyone tell me what the tornado is like as a pro tool?

The only issue I have had was a broken camera wire at the top of the gimbal. Which is major but I have flown it for months literally problem free. Had an issue with binding 2 person but figured that out and it is all good. Now lets see how long it takes for repair.

From what I understand, the upgrade that they're currently introducing for the H920 is going to make a huge difference. It's very hard to judge the platform until the new hardware has been explored - but by all accounts it's night and day.

Mine is not crap at all.... It flies like a big bird en is good to control. I have both the camera's (CGO4 and Lumix GH4) and both make good pictures and movies. Nothing wrong with my H920.
Booting up is fast and connecting to the GPS witin secconds; connecting to the camera takes 10-20 secconds and on 3 batteries i fly about 30-35 minutes (depending on the wind).

Perhaps you bought a Monday morning version..... ;)

Reactions: volanti
I usually have to boot at least twice to get the camera to connect. There are issues with the US version, we still don't have a firmware update at all, since factory firmware. Unless the folks in California are holding back or don't have a **** clue. I am guessing they don't have a clue! Video lag, not sure lag is the correct description, how about large delay, is a huge issue as well! This includes the camera controls as well, huge delay! Factory antenna and range are $h!t at best. Flight is good and it responds well, its the camera and software issues that need fixed.

From what I understand, the upgrade that they're currently introducing for the H920 is going to make a huge difference. It's very hard to judge the platform until the new hardware has been explored - but by all accounts it's night and day.
That's all well and good but there's no getting away from the fact that a lot of pilots on here have shelled out considerable bucks on a product that is simply not fit for purpose. Between prop arms coming loose and screws falling off the CGO4 is extremely limited in terms of its functionality and again that's assuming you can get it to work. Video lag as H20 mentioned above is horrendous and even with the ITELITE attached, there's no discernible difference in image quality. Try flying the H920 in doors and watch what happens. My advice is don't even think about it. It'll head straight for the nearest wall or camera crew and that's not something we ever want happening again. I could go on but I don't want to rubbish the h920 entirely. It's a great aircraft when it works and flies beautifully smooth arcs in the right weather. But that's when it works!?! The CGO4 sitting down on us is infuriating because we could never get the GH4 to communicate with the ST24 controller when shooting 4K and that was why we made the shift but now that's started to go pear-shaped. But who fixes a CGO4 is anyone's guess?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio