Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can anyone tell me what the tornado is like as a pro tool?

DRR

Reaction score
I am really keen on buying a Tornado and wanting to know from someone who has one if it has any pitfalls. I have an Inspire i pro and like the idea of a larger drone size and a better camera. I also heard that raw photos cant be processed on one site,. Surely that cant be true?

With
I am really keen on buying a Tornado and wanting to know from someone who has one if it has any pitfalls. I have an Inspire i pro and like the idea of a larger drone size and a better camera. I also heard that raw photos cant be processed on one site,. Surely that cant be true?
all this Smearing of Yuneec going around,I would do my research carefully.Be wary of any new negative postings toward Yuneec.

With

all this Smearing of Yuneec going around,I would do my research carefully.Be wary of any new negative postings toward Yuneec.
Thanks. I really like it but Im in Australia and difficult if I have issues. I would have to ship it back to the states if something went wrong at this time.

Reactions: humboldt 707
Thanks. I really like it but Im in Australia and difficult if I have issues. I would have to ship it back to the states if something went wrong at this time.
I looked into the Tornado and it's just to much machine for me,even though I'm sure it could do the surveillance work I want(to good)lol but the portability of the H sold me,I plan on upgrading to a Flir system.

Hi DRR - I am picking up my Tornado on Monday from LRM Technologies in Melbourne.
They are the distributor and repair authority for the Yuneec Tornado in Australia
You can call Mehmet on 03 9338 1655 Tell him Doc said HI.
It is the bird I am doing my UOC on.
And I reckon they are a great bit of kit.

Hi DRR - I am picking up my Tornado on Monday from LRM Technologies in Melbourne.
They are the distributor and repair authority for the Yuneec Tornado in Australia
You can call Mehmet on 03 9338 1655 Tell him Doc said HI.
It is the bird I am doing my UOC on.
And I reckon they are a great bit of kit.
Thanks.Let me know how it is. I have to get a new Inspire Pro or the Tornado. Is that Keang you bought it from? Did you get the CGO4 or use your own GH4? I prefer to use the built in. CGO4.
Whats it priced at here? About $11,000?

Thanks.Let me know how it is. I have to get a new Inspire Pro or the Tornado. Is that Keang you bought it from? Did you get the CGO4 or use your own GH4? I prefer to use the built in. CGO4.
Whats it priced at here? About $11,000?

Will do i will be test flying it on Monday and getting it home for a solid play.
Someone told me you couldn't get these here in Australia - Untrue you most certainly can.
However I was wrong about the repair Authority ... apparently that has changed.

But you can still get them.
And I am very keen.

I had the 920 and sent it back to B&H. You might want to look over the reviews at B&H. I traded for the Inspire 1 Pro. The software will set the Inspire apart. So many options and growing all the time. One thing that you will find out when trying to video from a moving drone is how hard it is to center your target with the gimbal and get truly professional video. I purchased the Autologic Autopilot software for the IOS. It has so many more options than even the DJI Go app although that app is pretty good and getting better. The best Autopilot mode is the Focus Mode. It's worth the cost of the app alone. Removes the need for a second camera operator. Bottom line is the Yuneec 920 is very limited by it's software. The 920 is behind the abilities of the H. You are looking at a machine that cost $6200 and can't do way-points! I also don't believe that Yuneec, right now, is as committed to software and firmware updates like DJI. The Yunecc controller is nice and Yuneec advertises the fact that the touch screen is built into the controller and you don't need an Ipad but I like the IPad over the ST24 screen. The IPad is clear and bright and can be used for many other things. The ST24 controller is running a very old android OS! Many different sun shades/hoods to try on the IPad. ST24 has a shade that comes with the controller but it's a little flimsy and you can't adjust it. Mine would often come off at one or more of the mounting points on occasion. There are a lot of aftermarket radio trays and IPad mounts, like the SECraft trays. I have one and you can mount the IPad much closer to your eyes than the ST24 and adjust it to match the environment. These are all "real world" issues that will make or break your experience. Yuneec has some nice looking copters and once you get past the "looks" there's a lot of usability issues that you will find out about once you own one. I really wanted to love the Yuneec 920 because it's a beautiful machine but my choice was clear once I got the Inspire and could compare the two for several weeks AND NO I'm not DJI rep just an honest comparison.

Last edited:
I had the 920 and sent it back to B&H. Traded for the Inspire 1 Pro. The software will set the Inspire apart. So many options and growing all the time. One thing that you will find out when trying to video from a moving drone is how hard it is to center your target with the gimbal and get truly professional video. I purchased the Autologic Autopilot software for the IOS. It has so many more options than even the DJI Go app although that app is pretty good and getting better. The best Autopilot mode is the Focus Mode. It's worth the cost of the app alone. Removes the need for a second radio and operator. Bottom line is the Yuneec 920 can't do any of this. The 920 is behind the abilities of the H. You are looking at a machine that cost $6200 and can't do way-points! I also don't believe that Yuneec is as committed to software and firmware updates like DJI. The Yunecc controller is nice and Yuneec advertises the fact that the touch screen is built into the controller and you don't need an Ipad but I like the IPad over the ST24, it's clear and bright and can be use for many other things. Many different sun shades/hoods to try on the IPad. ST24 has a shade that comes with the controller but it's a little flimsy and you can't adjust it. Mine would often come off at the mounting points. There are a lot of aftermarket radio trays and IPad mounts, like the SECraft trays. I have one and you can mount the IPad much closer to your eyes than the ST24 and adjust it to meet the environment. These are all "real world" issues that make or break your experience. Yuneec has some nice looking copters and once you get past the "looks" there's a lot of usability issues that you will find out about once you own one. I really wanted to love the Yuneec 920 because it's a beautiful machine but my choice was clear once I got the Inspire and could compare the two. AND NO I'm not DJI rep just an honest comparison.
Thanks for your comments. Its a big help. Im a licensed operator and use the inspire pro with X5 commercially. I never use second operator.I wouldn't trust anyone to fly my drone and as a pro cameraman shooting tv commercials, I need to shoot my own footage as well.
I have never had a problem shooting and flying solo. Matter of fact, i see no reason why I would want to use someone else as well.
Maybe the way points and features will come. I dont really use them anyway in my work. I really do like the 920 but it may be premature as you say. I will wait and see. Inspire 2 will be out soon so may be the way to go. I do like the idea of the CGO4 cam. I have the 14-42 lens on my x5 and thats the same thing I guess.

Yes, I don't trust anyone else flying my birds either. I'm using the Olympus 12mm and 25mm now and I"m happy. Being a Inspire Pro pilot I will guarantee that you will recoil if you get the 920 for the reasons I mentioned. I have always believed in having a good machine but I want a "system" of copters. One thing that I liked about the 920 was the amount of flight time. Nearly 40 minutes with 3 batteries but in the end the overall experience killed it. That's why I will probably be buying the M-600 later this year. I work with police and fire departments and need the extra flight time. You can use the X5 camera, same software, IPad, radio tray, no need to "learn" a new system and getting about 40 minutes of flight time with the M-600. In the end I think Yuneec will come around and be some good competition for DJI. That's good for the market but I would advise everyone to take a deep breath and look under the hood. I'm not knocking DJI or Yuneec as they both offer great machines. Neither one is perfect. Potential owners of both systems need to dig deep to figure out what they can live with and more importantly live without. Fly safe..

Reactions: Graeme Buckley
Yes, I don't trust anyone else flying my birds either. I'm using the Olympus 12mm and 25mm now and I"m happy. Being a Inspire Pro pilot I will guarantee that you will recoil if you get the 920 for the reasons I mentioned. I have always believed in having a good machine but I want a "system" of copters. One thing that I liked about the 920 was the amount of flight time. Nearly 40 minutes with 3 batteries but in the end the overall experience killed it. That's why I will probably be buying the M-600 later this year. I work with police and fire departments and need the extra flight time. You can use the X5 camera, same software, IPad, radio tray, no need to "learn" a new system and getting about 40 minutes of flight time with the M-600. In the end I think Yuneec will come around and be some good competition for DJI. That's good for the market but I would advise everyone to take a deep breath and look under the hood. I'm not knocking DJI or Yuneec as they both offer great machines. Neither one is perfect. Potential owners of both systems need to dig deep to figure out what they can live with and more importantly live without. Fly safe..
Im just looking at videos of the M600 now. It looks great.. very big. I just like the idea of turning up with pro gear. It looks like it will take a Mark 3 which I already have but its not 4k. I like 4k. Hows the price compare do you think to the 920

The 920 is $3500 and comes with two batteries no camera. Of course you can't use any of your DJI cameras with it so you will need to spend another $2500 for a camera. The M-600 is $4599 and it comes ready to fly just like the Inspire, less the camera and the case. Comes with the radio and two charging hubs and 6 batteries, it uses all 6 to fly. Same radio as your Inspire which can be used on either bird. If you ever thought about buying a second radio you can stop looking with this bird. This is the "system" I was referring to. The only thing you need to buy is the mounting plate for your X5. The M-600 can carry just about anything. I think its rated payload is about 13lbs. More than enough. Larger cameras put the flying time back to about 15 to 18 minutes give or take. I like the idea of using the X5 for the flight time. Same flight time for the Flir. YES it is very impressive. No doubt people will know you are serious when you show up with this machine.

The 920 is $3500 and comes with two batteries no camera. Of course you can't use any of your DJI cameras with it so you will need to spend another $2500 for a camera. The M-600 is $4599 and it comes ready to fly just like the Inspire, less the camera and the case. Comes with the radio and two charging hubs and 6 batteries, it uses all 6 to fly. Same radio as your Inspire which can be used on either bird. If you ever thought about buying a second radio you can stop looking with this bird. This is the "system" I was referring to. The only thing you need to buy is the mounting plate for your X5. The M-600 can carry just about anything. I think its rated payload is about 13lbs. More than enough. Larger cameras put the flying time back to about 15 to 18 minutes give or take. I like the idea of using the X5 for the flight time. Same flight time for the Flir. YES it is very impressive. No doubt people will know you are serious when you show up with this machine.
I just saw a video where the chap was setting it up for home and he looked like he was wrestling an octopus. I wonder what you mean when you say radio? Do you mean the controller?

I just saw a video where the chap was setting it up for home and he looked like he was wrestling an octopus. I wonder what you mean when you say radio? Do you mean the controller?
Do you know how it is to fly? Compared to the inspire ? what are your thoughts to using an GH4 on it? would the controller work with it? I have the 14-42 lens as well as the stock 15mm X5.

The radio I'm taking about is the transmitter. Don't know how it flies. I'm sure it is rock solid. They haven't officially released it yet. I think the release date is July. I've been told that the ones you see on YouTube are people testing them. GH4 will work. I shot test video with the CGO4 while I had it. I think the difference between the Mark 3, GH4, CGO4 and X5 is paper thin. I really like the X5. Can't imagine better pictures or video. But sometimes this stuff can be subjective. Matrice 600 - Simply Professional Performance

Last edited:
I'm in the same situation, debating between the Inspire RAW or the H920 with Sony A7s.

How smooth is the flying on the H920? Can the A7s settings be changed in the air or only before takeoff?

I have decided on the M600 with X5. Longer flight times and a more pro image for my business. I smashed my inspire Pro and x5 so this way I can use the X5 on my inspire and my M600. The X5 can also be controlled from the ground unlike the GH4 etc.

If you have the $ it looks like a good bird.
I enjoy my H920
It gives a great image and flys well.
But the only way to control the camera is to use the CGO4 not the sonyA7

If you have the $ it looks like a good bird.
I enjoy my H920
It gives a great image and flys well.
But the only way to control the camera is to use the CGO4 not the sonyA7
Thanks for that.

No worries.
You should drop in if your in Canberra ... we can catch up and have a yak

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval