Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Canada?

Reaction score
My wife and I are planning on driving around Lake Superior this summer. This means entering Canada (of course). Can I bring my Yuneec 500 4K into Canada? Can I use it there?

Can't answer, but watching this thread with interest. coming to BC in August, and wondering if it's worth packing a Mavic.

Reactions: Cornfield
My wife and I are planning on driving around Lake Superior this summer. This means entering Canada (of course). Can I bring my Yuneec 500 4K into Canada? Can I use it there?
Yes, you can fly here, but our rules are some what stricter than the rest of the world.

Here is a link to Transport Canada information, and another link to a website of interest.
https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/drone-safety.html
Flying Drones in Provincial Parks - Peak Aerials

Our rules are vague, hard to follow, and questionable. No one has a complete set of rules that are simple to follow as Transport Canada's links take you all over.

National Parks are all NFZ, Provincial Parks are in question as there is not a concrete set of rules for them. Contact information needs to be marked clearly on the unit......name, address, phone number ( none of us in Canada like that one and it is being challenged at the moment ).

No matter the rules, I would say to bring it either way. As in the US, there will always be places you can't fly, but still a lot where you can. Just make sure to follow the rules best you can. If you get questioned, be honest as to where you are from and that you are doing your best to understand the different set of rules.

Authorities in Canada ( police etc ) are much more easy going for the most part than that in the US. They don't expect to be called Sir or anything like that, it's usually just Officer. They won't approach with a gun out, or you having fear they will draw on you. All they want is honest and the respect you would show to anyone else, just be polite.

When reading the rules for here, keep in mind that it is all in Metric, and that applies to highway speeds as well.

Murray

Thanks. I'm hoping that we can find a few places to fly the drone and maybe a field to fly some R/C planes too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patynowy