Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Card recommendations for 120fps

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Simple question... what card is recommended for shooting 1080/120fps? I was trying to capture some high frame rate video yesterday and my screen kept locking up, which I am sure has to do with my card (64gb samsung EVO U3). Should I jump to a V90 card?

Thanks!

The Typhoons seem to work better with some brands and not so good with others, there is a thread specifically about what SD cards are best for the Plus and 4K. Also keep in mind that the data rate for 1080 at 120 FPS is going to be about the same or less than 4K at 30FPS due to the smaller size as well as the images are further compressed. So in essence, you need the same rating of a card. I noticed you said the 'screen' kept locking up, was this the ST-16 screen as you're filming or are you talking about playback on a computer?

I Use a San Disk Extreme Plus with my Typhoons and have never had a problem when shooting higher frame rates or full 4K.

Card.jpg

Ty...
Yes, it is my ST16 display. It simply locks up when switching to 120fps. Silly thing is that it performs just fine in 4k 30fps. I figured that a card upgrade would solve this... and I believe a V90 is a bit faster than the U3 (10) cards.

Ty...
Yes, it is my ST16 display. It simply locks up when switching to 120fps. Silly thing is that it performs just fine in 4k 30fps. I figured that a card upgrade would solve this... and I believe a V90 is a bit faster than the U3 (10) cards.

That has nothing to do with the card being used. You could fly without a card at all and it would not effect the ST-16 screen. Image transmission and data recording are separate actions.

That has nothing to do with the card being used. You could fly without a card at all and it would not effect the ST-16 screen. Image transmission and data recording are separate actions.
So Pat, any thoughts on why the image transmission locks up when recording 120fps?

Possibly too much data being moved for the system to keep up with causing the system to buffer. What’s on the card, assuming you’re using a fast card, is probably just fine.

Possibly too much data being moved for the system to keep up with causing the system to buffer. What’s on the card, assuming you’re using a fast card, is probably just fine.
I thought the same, Pat. But it does not produce any video while in this state.
Again... Every other camera setting works but that one. Wondering... have you tried yours at 1080/120 to see what the results are? And not a bench test... but at a bit of range while flying?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval