Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CCC editor online - Version 1.7C

Eric,

I would change the description under Function in such a way that it indicates to use a "-" minus to subtract altitude meters. Otherwise it's simply additive to whatever you had in your original waypoints. Example....If I create 2 waypoints, they are at 10m defaut. Once I use the function --> Change Altitude and type in 100m then the new altitude is 110m. If I enter 500 then it's 610m.
So someone must take care to use -xxx meters to lower the altitude.

Eric,

I would change the description under Function in such a way that it indicates to use a "-" minus to subtract altitude meters. Otherwise it's simply additive to whatever you had in your original waypoints. Example....If I create 2 waypoints, they are at 10m defaut. Once I use the function --> Change Altitude and type in 100m then the new altitude is 110m. If I enter 500 then it's 610m.

I'm pretty sure that is not the case. I examined a flight telemetry file and the CCC program file generated in the ST-16 that controlled the flight. The altitude in the telemetry file is the same as the CCC program, not additive. Interestingly, the altitude changes fairly quickly when the drone reaches the next way point, not gradually between way points.

Eric,

I believe it already does this ;)
upload_2016-8-3_23-42-43.png

For each waypoint :

TYPHOON :
lat : latitude in decimal degres
lng : longitude in decimal degrees
yaw : angle between the H direction and North in decimal degrees (0 to 360°. even 360 to 720)
alt : altitude in meter (the first point is calculated according the st16 altitude - to be confirmed)
GIMBAL :
yam : angle between camera direction and North in decimal degrees (if yaw and yam have the same value, so the camera points to the front of the bird) (0 to 360°. even 360 to 720)
pitch : angle between horizon and tilt of the camera in decimal degrees (0 to 90°)

If you want the movements of the camera to be played in CCC, switches (pan and tilt) must be on the middle position

Untitled-1.jpg

Reactions: IRIS and Bobjazz
@Eric I'm not sure about yaw values over 360 degrees - they don't behave the way you'd expect, though Yuneec definitely uses them. In general, the H turns from one yaw value to the next by rotating the shortest distance around the circle (so it'll never turn more than 180 degrees between waypoints).

My typhoon H has gone back to yuneec europe for 3 weeks...
So hard for me to improve ccc editor
@Eric I'm not sure about yaw values over 360 degrees - they don't behave the way you'd expect, though Yuneec definitely uses them. In general, the H turns from one yaw value to the next by rotating the shortest distance around the circle (so it'll never turn more than 180 degrees between waypoints).
Indeed, I have to make some experiments in "real" to understand why it would tun clockwize or counterclockwize, but unfortunatly, my H has gone back to yuneec for 3 weeks, so.... no test at this time

After doing two Eric flights which worked flawlessly I tried a set point one. It would seem the barometer has to watched near to the ground. I set the last position in what I judged to be about 6 metres high. As you see by the result possibly the inertia was too great. I stopped the props from a distance. When I got to the H it was upside down and the filter had popped out. I retracted the legs and righted the aircraft. Warning screen was saying 5 props land immediately and you can hear the noise as I always have the microphone on. After replacing two prop blades, replacing the filter it worked fine. Good shot of the train though!

Reactions: KBflyer
curves.png
As far as I can figure it out, the Typhoon flies a smooth curve through each waypoint. So if you have a big change of direction, it will 'swing' out so it can go through the waypoint as cleanly as possible.

Don't assume that it just flies from one point to the next in a straight line - it really doesn't.

After doing two Eric flights which worked flawlessly I tried a set point one. It would seem the barometer has to watched near to the ground. I set the last position in what I judged to be about 6 metres high. As you see by the result possibly the inertia was too great. I stopped the props from a distance. When I got to the H it was upside down and the filter had popped out. I retracted the legs and righted the aircraft. Warning screen was saying 5 props land immediately and you can hear the noise as I always have the microphone on. After replacing two prop blades, replacing the filter it worked fine. Good shot of the train though!

Tough little bird!

altitude can be set for each waypoint separatly by using the waypoint list :
open the waypointlist then click on the waypoint to edit, set the altitude then click on update. (you had 10m, enter 17 and update then you have 17m)

the altitude of the whole CCC can be increased or decreased with the functions :
open the functions,
- enter a positive value and click change altitude to increase all waypoints (you had A 10m B 22m C 17m : enter 5 and update then you have A 15m B 27m C 22m)
- enter a negative value and click change altitude to decrease all waypoints (you had A 10m B 22m C 17m : enter -5 and update then you have A 5m B 17m C 12m)

Reactions: Bobjazz
In my opinion it would have made more sense to have the altitude changed to whatever number you enter. If I want 50m I enter 50, if I want 100 I enter 100.
Are you talking about the function to change waypoint altitude? This function works on all of them at once. If the waypoints have different altitudes, it makes more sense to add/subtract values rather than setting them all the same. This way the relative altitudes between waypoints is kept. Perhaps this can be added as an option?

altitude can be set for each waypoint separatly by using the waypoint list :
open the waypointlist then click on the waypoint to edit, set the altitude then click on update. (you had 10m, enter 17 and update then you have 17m)

the altitude of the whole CCC can be increased or decreased with the functions :
open the functions,
- enter a positive value and click change altitude to increase all waypoints (you had A 10m B 22m C 17m : enter 5 and update then you have A 15m B 27m C 22m)
- enter a negative value and click change altitude to decrease all waypoints (you had A 10m B 22m C 17m : enter -5 and update then you have A 5m B 17m C 12m)

Here's what I know about flying with a program created in Eric's CCC Editor:
  1. It works! Drone flies smoothly from waypoint to waypoint.
  2. The drone rotates (yaw) as programmed.
  3. Elevation changes are gradual (I previously stated that that changes were rather abrupt).
  4. Camera tilt is positive downwards and works as programmed.
  5. Camera yaw (yam) programming is ignored. This is not as bad as I thought it would be because you can drive the camera around with the right joystick, tilt and yaw. Be sure the tilt and pan switches are not in the top position.
  6. Pan switch set to Global is pretty cool because the camera moves relative to North, not relative to drone front.
  7. It you edit the program outside of Eric's CCC Editor, use something like WordPad and save unformated. You may also have to delete the .txt from the file name. The ST-16 will not load the file if any formatting is detected (waypoints will not be listed).
  8. The CCC Editor has scrambled the waypoints on me a couple of times. Perhaps Eric has fixed that by now. Double check your program before saving.

Are you trying to yaw just the camera or the whole aircraft? In CCC mode, you must yaw the aircraft to yaw the camera. At least so far (hopefully will be updated in a firmware release). Both 'yaw' and 'yam' must be set to the same number. Hope this helps.
I wish you had said so in the first place. I had my first real test yesterday. I am using it for taking video while kitesurfing, and I set it up to follow the breakwall at Conneaut Harbor on Lake Erie. It followed the route perfectly, only it was facing out into the lake the whole time instead of facing in where I was. Will get it right next time.

Hi guys, I started writing a small user's guide. Have a look and tell me it's understandable !
CCC editor user's guide
A lot more detailed than all the notes I've taken from the forum, I like the photos you have used....I think you meant to say something different here "
  • Yam : this is the Yaw of the gimbal. If the Yam is the the than the Yaw, the camera points to the front of the H"

A lot more detailed than all the notes I've taken from the forum, I like the photos you have used....I think you meant to say something different here "
  • Yam : this is the Yaw of the gimbal. If the Yam is the the than the Yaw, the camera points to the front of the H"
Done ! ty !

@Eric
I try to create route and run CCC in Tuna FlightCentre app. I found some point spin 360 degree counterclockwise out of the focus point, see the video at 16-18 sec.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers