Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ceiling Limits?

Reaction score
Does the H have the ability to override these faux 400' ceilings imposed by some manufactuers and if so, how, and what modes support turning this off? Which modes do not?

Thanks!

Does the H have the ability to override these faux 400' ceilings imposed by some manufactuers and if so, how, and what modes support turning this off? Which modes do not?

Thanks!
GUI software. All Im saying. If your in the U.S. Im sure you are aware it is illegal to fly above 400agl. :)

Thanks!
Yes, connect your H to your PC with the GUI installed on your PC and you can adjust the heights and distances in both Smart and Angle! Without a 333 and a COA, not legal above ground level though !

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Yes, connect your H to your PC with the GUI installed on your PC and you can adjust the heights and distances in both Smart and Angle!

I did that when I first got my H but I haven't really played with it to see. So you can essentially turn the entire BS off, is that right? Seems I remember there was still a ceiling but it was significantly higher than 400', but I could be wrong. Seems like when I did it there was still an upper limit. On my 350QX's, I could fly to the moon if I wanted to. That's what I'm looking to get back to.

The key here is responsibly and responsible. I'm well aware of those parameters, and how they apply to the rule as written.

Let's please stick to the technical aspect of the question here and not the philosophical question as that has been addressed ad-nauseum in a million other places. That's not addressed to the previous poster, who was very kind and professional in his response. This is directed to the trolls sure to swoop down shortly. Save your collective breaths. I don't want to hear it, and could care less what you think. :)

GUI software. All Im saying. If your in the U.S. Im sure you are aware it is illegal to fly above 400agl. :)

No it is not, and I have asked to kindly keep that out of this discussion.. Please educate yourself on the rules as written if you are in the US, instead of what you think you know.

I did that when I first got my H but I haven't really played with it to see. So you can essentially turn the entire BS off, is that right? Seems I remember there was still a ceiling but it was significantly higher than 400', but I could be wrong. Seems like when I did it there was still an upper limit. On my 350QX's, I could fly to the moon if I wanted to. That's what I'm looking to get back to.

The key here is responsibly and responsible. I'm well aware of those parameters, and how they apply to the rule as written.

Let's please stick to the technical aspect of the question here and not the philosophical question as that has been addressed ad-nauseum in a million other places. That's not addressed to the previous poster, who was very kind and professional in his response. This is directed to the trolls sure to swoop down shortly. Save your collective breaths. I don't want to hear it, and could care less what you think. :)
No turning it off, just adjusting the height/distance!, You'd better get it wrapped in solar heat shields, if you plan on flying to the moon, especially on re-entry ! LOL !:eek:

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
No it is not, and I have asked to kindly keep that out of this discussion.. Please educate yourself on the rules as written if you are in the US, instead of what you think you know.
I know very well what the limit is. And I was just trying to be helpful. So loose your attitude friend.

Reactions: DroneClone
Fact Sheet – Small Unmanned Aircraft Regulations (Part 107)
For Immediate Release
June 21, 2016
Phone: 202-267-3883

The new rules for non-hobbyist small unmanned aircraft (UAS) operations – Part 107 of the Federal Aviation Regulations (PDF) – cover a broad spectrum of commercial uses for drones weighing less than 55 pounds. Here are the highlights of the new rule.

Operating Requirements
The small UAS operator manipulating the controls of a drone should always avoid manned aircraft and never operate in a careless or reckless manner. You must keep your drone within sight. Alternatively, if you use First Person View or similar technology, you must have a visual observer always keep your aircraft within unaided sight (for example, no binoculars). However, even if you use a visual observer, you must still keep your unmanned aircraft close enough to be able to see it if something unexpected happens. Neither you nor a visual observer can be responsible for more than one unmanned aircraft operation at a time.

You can fly during daylight or in twilight (30 minutes before official sunrise to 30 minutes after official sunset, local time) with appropriate anti-collision lighting. Minimum weather visibility is three miles from your control station. The maximum allowable altitude is 400 feet above the ground, and higher if your drone remains within 400 feet of a structure. The maximum speed is 100 mph (87 knots).

Your questions answered-The 400 foot limit for model aircraft. | AMA Government Relations Blog

Special Rule for Model Aircraft Remains Intact | AMA Government Relations Blog

All I asked was that this not be brought up in this discussion. My question has been asked and answered. Thank you, DroneClone, for that. I am out of this thread.

I have never seen one of these rules discussions go anywhere constructive. I am a licensed FS IFR pilot (30 years), a CFI, and a licensed AMA certified instructor (25+ years). And that is all I have to say about that. (It's "lose" in the sentence you told me off in, BTW. :) )

Last edited:
Your questions answered-The 400 foot limit for model aircraft. | AMA Government Relations Blog

Special Rule for Model Aircraft Remains Intact | AMA Government Relations Blog

All I asked was that this not be brought up in this discussion. My question has been asked and answered. Thank you, DroneClone, for that. I am out of this thread.

I have never seen one of these rules discussions go anywhere constructive. I am a licensed FS IFR pilot (30 years), a CFI, and a licensed AMA certified instructor (25+ years). And that is all I have to say about that. (It's "lose" in the sentence you told me off in, BTW. :) )
Ok "proper English police". Wow.

For someone that has 103 posts here and at least claims "a licensed FS IFR pilot (30 years), a CFI, and a licensed AMA certified instructor (25+ years)" yet did not know to use GUI software for changing altitude limits you really are quite the character. And as you stated, I'm out of this thread. Peace.......

For someone that has 103 posts here and at least claims "a licensed FS IFR pilot (30 years), a CFI, and a licensed AMA certified instructor (25+ years)" yet did not know to use GUI software for changing altitude limits you really are quite the character. And as you stated, I'm out of this thread. Peace.......

If you bothered to read as much as you write, you would have seen that my question was regarding modes supporting the lifted ceiling and not about the GUI which I used the day I got my H to override the settings.

Some people are argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative, which is exactly why I only have 100 posts here and don't "hang out" on these forums. I've been flying.

I have done nothing but try to help on this forum and I do believe that quite a few will attest to that. Hate that you feel I did something against your wishes. FYI, my reply to your very first post was the only time I mentioned anything about height limits. You jumped the gun (towards me) after the fact and THEN said "Let's please stick to the technical aspect of the question here and not the philosophical question as that has been addressed ad-nauseum in a million other places. That's not addressed to the previous poster, who was very kind and professional in his response. This is directed to the trolls sure to swoop down shortly. Save your collective breaths. I don't want to hear it, and could care less what you think".

Followed by "All I asked was that this not be brought up in this discussion. My question has been asked and answered. Thank you, DroneClone, for that. I am out of this thread".
Any way, take care and good luck with whatever your endeavor is. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval