Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+ CAMERA REPLACEMENT

Reaction score
A few weeks ago , i crashed my Typhoon H , i have managed to repair the drone itself , arm , arm retain locking clips and four props, during the crash i also damaged the CG03+ camera on close inspection i found it was very badly damaged so i sent it to Yuneec uk.
After a few days i had a call from Yuneec to say my camera was beyond Eco repair and another one would be £ 500.00, a joke i said.

My question is can another different camera be fitted to this drone, if so what , and how.

• Sad
Reactions: KellyR
A few weeks ago , i crashed my Typhoon H , i have managed to repair the drone itself , arm , arm retain locking clips and four props, during the crash i also damaged the CG03+ camera on close inspection i found it was very badly damaged so i sent it to Yuneec uk.
After a few days i had a call from Yuneec to say my camera was beyond Eco repair and another one would be £ 500.00, a joke i said.

My question is can another different camera be fitted to this drone, if so what , and how.
Any Yuneec CGO3+ will bind to your H, all you have to do is delete the current one linked in your ST-16 and then bind your replacement CGO3+ to your ST-16.
If you are asking if another TYPE of Camera will work, I cant say for sure but other than the cameras designed specifically for the H, I wouldn't think so. I'm sure someone will chime in if they have had success with something else.

It's not just a camera. It's a camera and very good 3 axis gimbal. In fact the gimbal is the best I've seen in this price range. Add to that the included Wifi transmitter which I've tested to 3500'. The ability to see what the camera sees is a big deal. Add it all up and, yes, it's expensive but not outrageous.

The best solution is finding a replacement camera on eBay or Craigslist. If you can wait, there will be more of the super sales coming up as well. The whole kit for $599 is a fantastic buy.

No other camera/gimbal combination will work with the Yuneec system. Although a couple other cameras could be fit to the H you would lose all of the ability to control the camera and gimbal, along with all the camera setting functionality. Yuneec firm and software is, well, unique, just as DJI's and Autel's is.

I agree the price of these cameras is high but it's a captive market with only a few companies producing decent cameras for this stuff. DJI's run similar to much higher in cost and checking Foxtech cameras shows pricing with theirs similar to Yuneec's. Looking forward all I have to offer is "don't crash". Best of luck in your search.

Only their cameras unfortunately. My crash killed a 3+ but I have a CGO3 from a Q500 that I'm now using. Amazingly, you can bind the ST to any of their cameras from the original CGO1 up. You can also buy a Yuneec gimbal (but can be as much as the whole new CGO3+) for GoPro 3/4 and a Yuneec wifi module that is recognized by St10 or 16. They were built for the Chroma and its plug and play with the Q 500. Despite all the complaints, very few acknowledge the ability to move mounts between platforms as they have the same mounting holes. So my Blade 350 (it's made by Yuneec) mounting holes are the same as Chroma, Q500, and TH. The regular CGO3 on the H functions quite well and while the tilt is a little tricky to use, it holds really smoothly and adding the hex design to that camera makes it pretty great as it becomes an old school point and fly and all stick based pan/yaw moves like PH drones and most everything out there.

I've seen used and close out Yuneec GoPro gimbals online and it is the best GoPro gimbal I've seen or used and believe me, I chased this down for a year and a half struggling to make a steady reliable GoPro shot starting with a Blade 350 and the original 2 axis gimbal. I learned how to tap into that gimbals tilt motor by adding channels via 3rd party controllers and a 9 channel radio plus video receivers and fatshark transmitters. When the H came along it solved all my problems and the ST was everything I hacked together and then some. But I'm stoked to still have a GoPro now reliably working on my q500 as it's a "look" that's different then the Yuneec video. I also like the saturation more on the CGO3 that's now on my rebuilt crash TH as it's now a good trainer. The video is a bit crappy coming back to the ST but I don't care because it's all point and shoot anyway and I only need to glance down once in awhile. It's basically my send this drone in for that job that maybe could cause a problem as its all C grade rebuilt by me TH.

So long winded reply...there is a GOPro path but it's still through Yuneec. Check it out....
517f3b2266227cfdeac9146133e3b622.jpg
81c6594b7ffee6879d9cb5956252a6ce.jpg

Y

Regarding some earlier comments about a curved horizon using a GoPro. The ability to set ip the camera and not have a curved horizon has been present since the Hero 3, White.

Only their cameras unfortunately. My crash killed a 3+ but I have a CGO3 from a Q500 that I'm now using. Amazingly, you can bind the ST to any of their cameras from the original CGO1 up. You can also buy a Yuneec gimbal (but can be as much as the whole new CGO3+) for GoPro 3/4 and a Yuneec wifi module that is recognized by St10 or 16. They were built for the Chroma and its plug and play with the Q 500. Despite all the complaints, very few acknowledge the ability to move mounts between platforms as they have the same mounting holes. So my Blade 350 (it's made by Yuneec) mounting holes are the same as Chroma, Q500, and TH. The regular CGO3 on the H functions quite well and while the tilt is a little tricky to use, it holds really smoothly and adding the hex design to that camera makes it pretty great as it becomes an old school point and fly and all stick based pan/yaw moves like PH drones and most everything out there.

I've seen used and close out Yuneec GoPro gimbals online and it is the best GoPro gimbal I've seen or used and believe me, I chased this down for a year and a half struggling to make a steady reliable GoPro shot starting with a Blade 350 and the original 2 axis gimbal. I learned how to tap into that gimbals tilt motor by adding channels via 3rd party controllers and a 9 channel radio plus video receivers and fatshark transmitters. When the H came along it solved all my problems and the ST was everything I hacked together and then some. But I'm stoked to still have a GoPro now reliably working on my q500 as it's a "look" that's different then the Yuneec video. I also like the saturation more on the CGO3 that's now on my rebuilt crash TH as it's now a good trainer. The video is a bit crappy coming back to the ST but I don't care because it's all point and shoot anyway and I only need to glance down once in awhile. It's basically my send this drone in for that job that maybe could cause a problem as its all C grade rebuilt by me TH.

So long winded reply...there is a GOPro path but it's still through Yuneec. Check it out....
517f3b2266227cfdeac9146133e3b622.jpg
81c6594b7ffee6879d9cb5956252a6ce.jpg

Y
Just want to start our by saying great job. I've had a regular CGO3 on my H for a while now but here recently it's been disconnecting about 5 -10 after liftoff and wont reconnect to my st16 without rebooting. Have any ideas of what the problem could be? Thanks

wow really reviving the dead here, but,

can someone confirm that any other camera, cog2, cog3 specifically can be fully functional with the st16 controller?

I was gifted a broken / crashed typhoon h as im the tinkerer in the fam and my father in law told me to just keep it. but it came with no camera. i do have power to the pins down below but replacing the cog3+ is pricey

im seeing the cog2 and 3 for decent prices on ebay and the like but its only 3 pin connectors where my h has 6 from what i can gather.

would they just plug and play if so, any mods, any functionality id miss?

thanks in advance.

The CGO2 will not work at all. There is no way to power it from the H.
The CGO3 might work but of course it will not pan. And the tilt may not work either. @WTFDproject has experimented more with these combos so I am sure he will give you better direction.

@Steve Carr thanks for the quick reply,
on the cg02 there is a slot for that in my st16, but, id just have to rig a way for power on it perhaps.

down the rabbit hole i go i suppose.

thanks again.

would they just plug and play if so, any mods, any functionality id miss?

would they just plug and play if so, any mods, Yes, CGo3 would be plug and play, no mods. Tilt works.

any functionality id miss? Yes. On screen video is poor. Much better with the latest CG03 firmware, but still some artifacts on screen.
The BIG functionality problem is NO ADVANCED CAMERA FEATURES. No white balance, no exposure control, no nothing. It will just be a snapshot and video camera.

would they just plug and play if so, any mods, Yes, CGo3 would be plug and play, no mods. Tilt works.

any functionality id miss? Yes. On screen video is poor. Much better with the latest CG03 firmware, but still some artifacts on screen.
The BIG functionality problem is NO ADVANCED CAMERA FEATURES. No white balance, no exposure control, no nothing. It will just be a snapshot and video camera.

thank you sir, i see you say tilt will work, any idea on panning?

so in searching my first look should be for the plus model, but a cg03 would give me a usable product minus pic quality controls during flight?

any idea on panning?
would give me a usable product minus pic quality controls during flight?

No camera panning at all. The CGo3 has an almost rigid gimbal, and no manual control over the little it has.
Panning has to be done by panning the drone itself.

Usable product? Yeah, in a general way. But the CG03+ is way better if you can get one.

No camera panning at all. The CGo3 has an almost rigid gimbal, and no manual control over the little it has.
Panning has to be done by panning the drone itself.

Usable product? Yeah, in a general way. But the CG03+ is way better if you can get one.

duly noted sir thank you.

You should also consider the difference in voltage. The CGo3 was designed for a nominal 11.1v system. The Typhoon H system is a nominal 14.8v system. I have EXPERIMENTED with CGo3 on TH. I didn't use it for any great length of time. One would have to consider if the difference in voltage might lead to eventual damage of the CGo3.

I have a Typhoon H and I purchased it used a couple years ago and it didnt have a camera so I found a good deal on the CGO3 and I was able to get it to work. Like the other gentleman said...no panning but tilt worked great. I'm not even sure I can remember how I wired it up. Anyways... it'll work. Good luck to ya. ?

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis