Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ 5 min clip intervals

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the feature where the Typhoon chops the final video clips into 5 min intervals? Some other cameras chop up the video, but when you splice them together it becomes seamless. I tried that, but there is a definite jump from file to file. Since this copter seems to be geared more for professional video, I would think there is a method of disabling this option. With the new firmware, it appears to store a full length preview file for viewing in the Typhoon H app on the ST16, but it is not full quality, just for preview.

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the feature where the Typhoon chops the final video clips into 5 min intervals? Some other cameras chop up the video, but when you splice them together it becomes seamless. I tried that, but there is a definite jump from file to file. Since this copter seems to be geared more for professional video, I would think there is a method of disabling this option. With the new firmware, it appears to store a full length preview file for viewing in the Typhoon H app on the ST16, but it is not full quality, just for preview.
It's not possible to have longer files due to the restrictions with the exFat file system, this is not only yuneec it's all cameras, they will stop before reaching a 4GB file size. There is a second stream saved too, this is normally at 720p - the resolution of the ST16 - it's for preview only while the main file is at whatever size you set it to record at.

In anycase regarding "Professional" video, it's very unlikely you would ever have a single shot that is 5 mins long from one camera.
The easiest thing to do (IMO) is to shoot each shoot as a separate clip, - set up the shot, record, finish recording.
This saves lots of horsing through video on your video editor of "just flying around" to get set up for the shot.

Reactions: Rayray and abinder
It's not possible to have longer files due to the restrictions with the exFat file system, this is not only yuneec it's all cameras, they will stop before reaching a 4GB file size. There is a second stream saved too, this is normally at 720p - the resolution of the ST16 - it's for preview only while the main file is at whatever size you set it to record at.

In anycase regarding "Professional" video, it's very unlikely you would ever have a single shot that is 5 mins long from one camera.
The easiest thing to do (IMO) is to shoot each shoot as a separate clip, - set up the shot, record, finish recording.
This saves lots of horsing through video on your video editor of "just flying around" to get set up for the shot.

Well said, clear and correct.

I mean to add too, that you more likely than not have a problem with your video editing software, no-one here ever has had any problem with non-contiguous files. It's frame to frame perfect for me and all other who have discussed this topic.

Last edited:
Same here. I shoot 4K from launch to land. Put the files in the editor and they are seamless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace