Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cgo3+ camera not powering up

The first thing to check is the spring loaded contacts in the aircraft side of the slide mount. Look for one or more being stuck down. Always remove the battery when working on the aircraft.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
You have to help us to help you.
Can you tell us more about the event? Was the camera involved in a crash? Long Storage period? Did the camera fail during use? Did it just not start when you powered up the drone?

In general, t
he contacts mentioned by @DoomMeister are a very common cause. The next most common would probably be the "K" fuse is blown, followed by damage to the slip ring, then maybe corroded pins on the connector behind the camera mount. Maybe some other stuff. But we don't even know where to start unless you tell us something.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Does it power up?
Does it initiate?
Any beeps?
Is the LED on the camera lit?
Any video feed to the controller?
Can you control it with the ST16?
As others said, check the contacts.
You may have to delve deeper according to the answers you give.

Camera problem
The first thing to check is the spring loaded contacts in the aircraft side of the slide mount. Look for one or more being stuck down. Always remove the battery when working on the aircraft.

Well I did have a crash and replaced the slip ring and contact pin board and two arms that camera would turn on and I would get a picture on st16 but no pan or tilt but camera was not free spinning so I just bought a new camera same kind off of ebay camera looks good was brand new supposedly and it will do any thing when I hook up I changed the power wire from main board to a new contact thing but it does nothing I tried binding made a copy and tried binding. camera never shows up on display and no light on camera at all I was able to fly drone without camera on it but now I dont know if I binded anything at all now it just beeps annoyingly lol

Leave the ST-16 off and power up the TH. Do you get any beep codes or does it just give the happy rising tones. If you are getting beeps here is the chart:
• One beep, the gyroscope initialization failed.
• Two beeps, the compass initialization failed.
• Three beeps, the barometer initialization failed.
• Four beeps, the GPS initialization failed.
• Five beeps, the plane is not configured
• Six beeps, the motor initialization failed.

Download the GUI and hook the TH up and see if anything shows up as a red X instead of a green check mark.

If you are not getting the beeps with the ST-16 off, power it up and bind to the TH. If the beeps start it is most likely the right stick not being centered. Give it a vigorous stir and then check in the Hardware Monitor in Settings.

Reactions: Jeremywarden
OK. I'm a little confused. I don't know if you are having one problem, or as many as four.

Does the TH currently power up and fly without the camera? If not, what beeps are associated with JUST THE TH.

Does the original camera still Power up and stabilize? If not, will it power up from the steadygrip or another TH? Do you get any beeps from the original camera?

Does the new camera power up at all from the TH? IF not, will it power up from the steadygrip or another TH? Do you get any beeps from the new camera?

What was the new connector you installed? What was the reason for installing it, and can you describe what you did? If you changed only the connector, are you sure you got all the pins in the right order? Did you replace any if the wiring? Did you check to see if the "K" fuse is blown?

Well I did have a crash and replaced the slip ring and contact pin board

You might want to review the slip ring and contact wiring against Attachment 19 in the document linked below. I believe steps 30 and 41 have pictures you can use to ensure everything wound up in the right place. Note that the green wire and the white wire are related. BOTH have to have good contact before either Pitch (tilt) or Yaw will work. See Attachment 18 for that. It also sounds like you blew the "K" at some point during all this. That is Attachment 39.
Way To Fix Drones project

Also look at the contacts on the mount itself to ensure none are stuck down. Refer to the image in CGO3+ gimbal calibration failure..

Leave the ST-16 off and power up the TH. Do you get any beep codes or does it just give the happy rising tones. If you are getting beeps here is the chart:
• One beep, the gyroscope initialization failed.
• Two beeps, the compass initialization failed.
• Three beeps, the barometer initialization failed.
• Four beeps, the GPS initialization failed.
• Five beeps, the plane is not configured
• Six beeps, the motor initialization failed.

Download the GUI and hook the TH up and see if anything shows up as a red X instead of a green check mark.

If you are not getting the beeps with the ST-16 off, power it up and bind to the TH. If the beeps start it is most likely the right stick not being centered. Give it a vigorous stir and then check in the Hardware Monitor in Settings.

Sorry I was workin, ok i turned on just the drone an it started up maybe every 45 seconds it would beep once. I took off cgo3+ and I can fly and now the st16 said lost GPS continue manual flight. It just did that tonight once. Where do I download GUI? I guess TH is binded in order to fly but when I try start up with the new cgo3+ I get nothing as far as the camera no little light I can free spin it it doesn't show up when I try to bind it idk lol. I'm not to familiar with drones its my first one and I haven't been to lucky. Not to tech savvy either but I try lol.

It is good that you can fly the TH without the camera, but you are definitely not getting power to the camera. You need to take a look at the info @WTFDproject provided in post #8 of this thread to isolate where you are losing power. Most likely the K fuse or the connector wiring harness.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Sound like the GUI isn't going to tell you anything. The drone is fine. At least the drone part of it is fine.
You don't have power to the camera. You mentioned you "changed the power wire from main board to a new contact thing". You need to review that work. But it really is starting to sound like you blew the "K" fuse, as @DoomMeister just mentioned.

Once you have restored power to the camera, you need to look at the references in the earlier post about checking the slip ring work you did on the original camera. Be sure NOT to plug in the original camera until you are sure everything is all right. (it may just blow the fuse again).

OK. I'm a little confused. I don't know if you are having one problem, or as many as four.

Does the TH currently power up and fly without the camera? If not, what beeps are associated with JUST THE TH.

Does the original camera still Power up and stabilize? If not, will it power up from the steadygrip or another TH? Do you get any beeps from the original camera?

Does the new camera power up at all from the TH? IF not, will it power up from the steadygrip or another TH? Do you get any beeps from the new camera?

What was the new connector you installed? What was the reason for installing it, and can you describe what you did? If you changed only the connector, are you sure you got all the pins in the right order? Did you replace any if the wiring? Did you check to see if the "K" fuse is blown?
Yes sir the TH will operate without the camera I tried old camera and it does nothing as well now it did come on after the crash I tried to repair myself I ordered new slip ring and had to re soulder wires to the pin contacts. I you tubed it. The camera would power up and I got a picture on st16 but tilt and pan function did not work. That's when I bought new camera. It came with a new wire for main control board to contact pin board that mounts under TH, that was also included. The picture is the original pin board and the original wire. New stuff snapped right in. I don't have any other drones or a steady grip thing I'm new to the drones and learning slowly. I have no idea about the fuse I will have to open her back up and look.

Yeah, one of the things not obvious about the cameras is the relation between what you see on screen vrs what you can control. It is two separate systems. Both get power from the same place, but the video is directly from the camera to the controller on a 5.8 ghz system. The control part goes from the controller to the drone on a 2.4 ghz signal, goes through the drone, where the signal gets some modification, and then goes to the camera through some of those wires you changed out. I'm not sure why they sent you a new set of wires. There was probably nothing wrong with the ones you had.
After you replaced the slip ring, you probably only had an issue with either the green or white wire in the control system, probably within the camera itself. When you got the new camera, something happened that took out the power, which takes out both video and control. That is where you are now.
Bottom line is you have at least two issues. One is whatever is keeping the camera from getting power. The other is whatever is keeping the original camera from getting signal on the green and white wires. (they are all grey between the contact plate and the mainboard, of course.)

Yeah, one of the things not obvious about the cameras is the relation between what you see on screen vrs what you can control. It is two separate systems. Both get power from the same place, but the video is directly from the camera to the controller on a 5.8 ghz system. The control part goes from the controller to the drone on a 2.4 ghz signal, goes through the drone, where the signal gets some modification, and then goes to the camera through some of those wires you changed out. I'm not sure why they sent you a new set of wires. There was probably nothing wrong with the ones you had.
After you replaced the slip ring, you probably only had an issue with either the green or white wire in the control system, probably within the camera itself. When you got the new camera, something happened that took out the power, which takes out both video and control. That is where you are now.
Bottom line is you have at least two issues. One is whatever is keeping the camera from getting power. The other is whatever is keeping the original camera from getting signal on the green and white wires. (they are all grey between the contact plate and the mainboard, of course.)
I checked the continuity on fuse and didn't read any where can I get that little sucker at lol

I checked the continuity on fuse and didn't read any where can I get that little sucker at lol
The link @Mrgs1 sent is the replacement I've been using. The original was "fast blow", these are "very fast blow", but I have no complaint with that.
The only exact originals I found were in China, and had a very long delivery time.

The link @Mrgs1 sent is the replacement I've been using. The original was "fast blow", these are "very fast blow", but I have no complaint with that.
The only exact originals I found were in China, and had a very long delivery time.
Well I was able to soulder a small copper wire from each end of that tiny fuse and sure enough I got power and a visual on st 16 it binded properly. Still cant control tilt or pan from 16 but I have power now lol thanks for all the advice bud I definitely need it

Yes sir
Is the pan and tilt failing on the new camera?

What color / pattern is showing on the TH rear main LED when everything is booted up and bound?

Was the pan and tilt working properly prior to the crash?
Yes sir, only using new camera as of now purple or blue and it was working before crash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laiba64